navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #23 » Mental Abuse
Open Poetry #23
Post A Reply Post New Topic Mental Abuse Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
palmerj
since 2002-11-06
Posts 30
Coxsackie, NY

0 posted 2002-11-12 07:22 PM

This is most likely the suckies poem I have ever written. I am sorry for its sketchyness but it needed to be written tonight under my circumstances

Why say those mean things,
Do you hate me as I hate you?
You raised me to be smart
So now Im leaving.

Im heading into the unkown.
Where your words no longer
Can cause unneeded pain.
Im tired of shrugging it off.

Punches hurt but your words
go much deeper then skin.
They are left in my mind
For me to dwell on.

© Copyright 2002 Jay Palmer - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2002-11-12 07:26 PM

(big hugggsssssss) Oh Jay, my heart goes out to you, sweet friend, I think this is a wonderful poem yet it is so sad and I hope all is alright and these words are now plied out from beneath your skin! (sad sigh)n God Bless You, sweet friend, I send angel hugs your way, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Jay, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
2 posted 2002-11-12 07:43 PM

Get it all put Jay and then get out. no-one called Jay should ever have to suffer abuse.
Kethry

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

Radrook
since 2002-08-09
Posts 648

3 posted 2002-11-13 04:34 AM

Been there!

Best is to leave since very often verbal abuse is a habit which people refuse or are unable to abandon for certain emotional psychological reasons. Sometimes we might think that we are the person's preferred or only target. But this is not necessarily true.
Thanks for sharing!
God bless!

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
4 posted 2002-11-13 10:07 AM

"You raised me to be smart
So now Im leaving"

Smiling at this one; it had a familiar ring to it. Vent, then find a new habitat.

quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz
5 posted 2002-11-13 09:01 PM

what i think?  i truly despise the word 'suckiest'.  i know that's not really word, but it still annoys me.

and the poem?  there are some very strong emotions in this.  but you don't have to capitalize the beginning of every line.  and i think the piece would definitely benefit from a little more punctuation, ie. apostrophes and commas, etc.  that aside, it was a good write.

thanks for sharing.  

/jen/

what if they gave a war, and nobody came...

Connel
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-11-04
Posts 736
Florida, USA
6 posted 2002-11-13 09:03 PM

Great poem.. Thank you for sharing.

I wish to become a great poet some day, but it will only come in time. Til then, I shall write my poems, and wait.

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
7 posted 2002-11-15 05:56 PM

Mental abuse leaves deeper scars than physical abuse and those scars take far longer to heal. I wish you the best in this circumstance. You must leave the source of the abuse to begin to heal...otherwise, the scab keeps getting scratched off and the sore festers.
My prayers are with you

~ Ruth

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
8 posted 2002-11-15 05:59 PM

Hoot said it very well....I totally agree,
and don't go back....and don't believe they
will stop....they all say that....time and
time again,  over and over....

Very pointed and emotional poem...nothing
wrong with what you have written...

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
9 posted 2002-11-15 06:08 PM

Jay, I'm so sorry to see anyone have to suffer abuse of any kind. I had that kind of abuse in part of my marriage. My late husband treated me that way until he started going to church. Even after that he still let those cruel words slip sometimes, before he died.
No matter how much the abuser apologizes and says they're sorry, those words have been said and been planted in the abused peson's mind and heart. They cause scars that take a very long time to heal.
May God help you and bless you, Jay.

"Love makes the world go around"
~~with love and hugs from Ethel~~

Riley
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain
10 posted 2002-11-16 02:31 PM

* looks around * haven't gotten an e-mail from you lately Jay? Where's ya been. Onto the poem.....sad, very sad... ......and emotional....will e-mail soon?

Riley

~*I found how to laugh, forgot how to smile, somehow your words, make it all worthwhile*~

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
11 posted 2002-12-15 04:45 AM

yeah, I always say "why didn't you jsut stab me in the back with a knife or slap me int he face?" It would have hurt a lot less.
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
12 posted 2002-12-15 10:42 AM

Jay I went through this for several years and finally had to leave. My only advice is that if you are young then make sure you plan it out before you do. Make sure you have the finances or a good job in place and a support base of friends that will stand by you. Mental abuse is sometimes worse than physical, as a bruise heals quicker than words will. I wish you the best stick it out as long as you can to make your plan and then get away. Good luck and may those wounds heal in time.

raph

[This message has been edited by Aenimal (12-15-2002 10:43 AM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #23 » Mental Abuse

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary