navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #23 » Tide Taken
Open Poetry #23
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tide Taken Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

0 posted 2002-11-03 09:15 PM

~*~

~*~

Tide Taken

I knew the tides would take me ...
I knew that much blue would carry me away.
I understood the waves would wash over me ...
forsaking any words I would have wanted to say.

I knew the satin sky would claim me ...
I knew the canvas clouds would call my name.
I realized the sparking stars would heal my scars ...
of their deliverance ... I'll never be the same.

I knew the shore held shelled secrets in store ...
I knew the sand's sequined silence would explain.
I understand the horizon held out it's hand ...
sequestering me in seascape sustain.

I knew the sunsets would sate me ...
I knew the moon's silver shine would define the night.
All that was lost before was found on that shore ...
requiting me in the reverie of wave reflected light.

I knew the curling crests would content me ...
God's poetry profound crashing in crescendo resound.
I knew I'd be impressed in the presence of such power ...
all emotional express swept silent in awestricken astound.

Yes, I knew the view would change me ...
I knew the tides would tell me all that is true.
As the ocean offered me the answers ...
the waves whispered in blue what I already knew.

All that is missing in me ... was found in you.

~*~

~*~

~*~

"No one has ever shown me how
to see the world the way I see it now ...

and I never saw blue like that before.

Some things are just the way they are ...
and words just cant explain.

Oh no, I never saw blue like that before ..."

*Shawn Colvin*
(written by Tom Kimmel)

~*~

~
2 years ago ...
a cowboy promised a moth an ocean view--
last month that dream came true.
How does one thank another for destination
and clarity ... for these kinds of memories?
Words wont ever be enough for promises kept.
Thank you Mark, for the most amazing 12 days of my life.
You gave me so much more than just the tides.
love you my friend.
jm

~*~

~A special thank you to Sunshine for
making it possible to post my own pics.~

Unknown to us, there are moments when crevices open for time to come alive with begining.

John O'Donohue
Conamara Blues

© Copyright 2002 Janet Marie - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2002-11-03 09:22 PM

I can't begin to tell you how stunningly beautiful this is, JM. Positively winged thoughts here.
And now it flies into my library.

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
2 posted 2002-11-03 09:31 PM

Janet Marie

"all emotional express swept silent in awestricken astound."

I know how hard it was to give a name to the feelings that you had when you first saw the ocean...but you did it...with depth, and beauty...and a profound reverence...and your thank you to Mark, is love at its best.  Thank you for sharing the wealth you felt with photos and this love poem to the ocean.  

and

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2002-11-03 09:39 PM

smiling....

my little fluttering anal moth!

this is gorgeous...the pics, as you already know...make me cry with happiness for you.

But funny thing about the ocean? I don't suspect that it changes us as much as it helps us to remember WHO WE REALLY ARE...

just like the tide pulls the sand away, revealing the treasures of the past...

THERE YOU ARE.

now...you just get yourself to accept it, and stay stubborn about that, then maybe? other's will accept it too--if not? That's what hurricanes are for...sigh...

LOVE YOU.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
4 posted 2002-11-03 09:44 PM

Yes, I knew the view would change me ...

All that is missing in me ... was found in you.
============================================
Janet Marie~ So very good to see you posting here..with this extra special piece..
As always you leave me speechless and shaking my head..
wondering 'how on earth does she do this'!
You transport the reader right to where we see it all for ourselves...amazing..captivating.
Into my library with this treasure
~Hugs & Smiles to You sweet lady~

~Love, like magic, depends on believing.~

scorpio
Member Ascendant
since 2002-10-02
Posts 5178
right...there
5 posted 2002-11-03 09:44 PM

You truly immersed yourself in this poem...I enjoyed reading it...you shared this experience so eloquently...

...believe what your heart feels...

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
6 posted 2002-11-03 10:06 PM

Words fail to express how I was affected by the beauty of your words, the magnificence of the ocean--and the spectacular vistas you captured with your artistic photographic eye.

This is an up-lifting and stellar tribute to both the ocean and to your faithful friend Mark--a keeper of promises.

Earth Angel

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
7 posted 2002-11-03 10:34 PM

art by Mara Friedman

It is only through that synthesis which you experieced that one is able to open their heart to all the possibilities of a higher truth.  I would suppose your union was like going within or be alone for the first time, but trust me, the best is yet to come. It takes time, but once exposed to the greatness of the sea, our smallness becomes so powerful.  Suddenly, just as the waves cannot be separated from the ocean, anymore than the suns rays can be taken from the sun, our inner most thoughts start to propel us into being
the best human being we can be.  

You've honored Mark, and someone else that I am sure is hearing your heart. Now you will emerge from a new cocoon completely changed, ready to identify with your new self, so go fly my friend, fly!

This poem flowed like the very water you spoke of and you truly were given a gift, which I truly am grateful you share.

This suits you.

What is more wonderful than having a promise come true?  I bet meeting Mark and the time spent in what I can "mixing spirits" will have inspired many and poem to come (I hope).

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (11-04-2002 04:16 AM).]

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
8 posted 2002-11-03 10:45 PM

Janet Marie.........
Thank you for all this

......B-E-A-U-T-Y......
All of it is absolutely awesome !!!!!!

Love makes the world go 'round (unkown)
with love and hugs from Ethel

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
9 posted 2002-11-03 10:58 PM

Dear Tink,
Your poem gets about as close to understanding as a poem can get.
Any closer would be up to the individual that read it.
They are the scales that weigh your words. To me they just colored the sky.  Made a rainbow with real treasure at its end. To me you painted a Van Goah magic ocean. And it stands by his Starry Sky whose view took my breath away. WWRS   

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
10 posted 2002-11-03 11:04 PM

(smiles) Oh Janet, this is soooooooo gorgeous, sweet friend, such beauty and tides fill your gorgeous words, yay, I'm always so happy when you post a poem here, I LOVE IT!!! (kiss on cheek) I'm adding this to my library because it's soooooo gorgeous, yay, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Janet, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

DawnG
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-23
Posts 1494
United States
11 posted 2002-11-03 11:37 PM

Janet Marie,

This poem and the pictures are beautiful. I'm so happy you got to meet Mark. I know that feeling of happiness well.

Dawn

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
12 posted 2002-11-04 02:33 AM

Opps, forgot to put it into my library
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
13 posted 2002-11-04 03:00 AM

...not only did you rhyme, but you maintained a consistent theme of alliteration throughout this beautiful, well-written poem. it read like a song (which made the rhyming ok, *smile*) and the alliteration added, surprisingly, to the feeling of washing away / toward a destination.

i generally don't reply (ok, even like) poetry that rhymes these days, but this one... i admit, i do. you weave well sometimes lady, very well.

Walter Poe
since 1999-10-13
Posts 787

14 posted 2002-11-04 03:44 AM

Hello again JM this is so beautiful perhaps it taints this dark heart with its profundity and depth of soul what more could anyone hope to ask of a poem

The very deep did rot: O Christ!
That ever this should be!
Yea, slimy things did crawl with legs
Upon the slimy sea.

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
15 posted 2002-11-04 04:41 AM

I usually try to reply to a certain part of your work that stands out but you've become so good at this that I just have to say..

Verse one..
BEAUTIFUL!
Verse two..
BEAUTIFUL!
Verse three..
BEAUTIFUL!
Verse four..
BEAUTIFUL!
Verse five..
BEAUTIFUL!
Verse six..
BEAUTIFUL!

The closing line....truth from the heart.
You got that old muse flowing now.
Sounds like you had a great time and I really love this poetic result my poet pet!

Tell that old cowboy I said hello!

The role of poetry is to utter the un-utterable; to open up
spaces of consciousness and resistance; to language oppressions; to
re-language historie

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
16 posted 2002-11-04 05:23 AM

JM,
Sea, sky and exquisite poetry what more could anyone ask.
Kethry

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

Elizabeth Cor
since 2000-10-13
Posts 879
Over the river and through the woods
17 posted 2002-11-04 05:32 AM

oh, jm! the ocean! you went! My god, good for you!!!

the pictures and poetry... all too lovely too touch... silver and silk.

congratulations...

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

18 posted 2002-11-04 08:32 AM

Kacy ... ya make a moth smile...your reply flies too. Thank you girlie...I am honored to be kept in your library.(Im sure theres no gamma wasps in there)  LOL TY very much.

Martie ... thank you sweetie...I know you understood my awe taking my words, I hope this is just the begining of me mothy muse's attempts to try and put into words all that I felt standing on that shore...I've never seen anything so impressive and so soul satisfying ... all the sights, the sounds, I want to always be able to close my eyes and pull those memories close. Love and Hugs right back at ya.  *smile*

KA ... "I don't suspect that it changes us as much as it helps us to remember Who we really are...just like the tide pulls the sand away, revealing the treasures of the past"

Baby...youre replies are like poetry...you just cant help it  *smiling at you*
thank you me twin...you celebrated this right along with me from the begining.
love you too.

Nancy ... thank you Enchanting-girlie...and ya know..I ask me mothy muse the same thing *L* to be in your treasure box is an honor. TY very much.

scorpio ... thank you so much for coming by and sharing your thoughts and kindess with me... welcome to poetry land..its nice to meet you.

Earth Angel ... your generous reply humbles me...thank you very much for such kind words. I've enjoyed reading your replies on these boards...its obvious thru your enthusiasm and efforts that you love poetry. TY for sharing some of that with me.

Sharon ... could that pic be any cooler??? *smile*  Thank you  so much for this lovely reply and for the gift of the pictures.. and for hearing the butterfly whispers...I knew you would *wink* Your reply reads like a wisdom warmed piece of prose...and I know you are right...the self healing and self discovery that was found in the waves will continue on for as long as I learn from those moments. Thank you so much for all you share.

Garys girl ....  and I thank you so much for this "beautiful awesome" reply...your enthusiasm is appreciated...thank you for stopping in and sharing.

Sy-babers ...  YOU take my breath away .. (welcome home Stinky love) I MISSED YOU and Randy too. You honor and humble me with your understanding and generous reply.. Van Gogh has got nothing on you *L* *winkiewinkie*
Thank you for being you ... and for accepting me for me. Love you Sy.

Noah ... I am honored to be in your library..I am sure I am in great company *smile*
thank you for your always kind and enthusiatic replies and all you share here with us.

Dawn ... This was actually the second time I had the pleasure of the cowboys company, he had visited me here last spring, but this visit was all about his wish and promise that I get to see the ocean and all the magic that comes from that.
I am pleased you got to meet your special friend too... thank you for sharing.

Sharon ... you spoil me  *smile*  THANK YOU!

Chris....there were alliterations in this??? huh, who knew LOL
*smiling at you* ... ya do realize I am getting to you, right?...my rhyme spell is starting to work LOL  it wont be long...you'll be writing sonnets *wink*
seriously tho....thank you very much for your compliments and recognition...coming from one whose work I respect so much..it means a lot to this moth. Thank you so much poet sir.

Walter ... I've always seen the light there in the dark *smile* ... thank you my friend for allowing my words to touch you in this way...and youre right..thats what poetry is all about. Thank you Paul.

Eric... thank you so much...your reply is just as "beautiful" .. YES .. I had the most amazing time...both with the ocean and my host...I will pass your hello on to MC.
thank you my poet pal...youre the man. *smile*

Kethry ... I couldnt ask for anything more...I am so grateful for all I have been given...
thank you girlie for your "exquisite" reply.

Megan... *smiling at you* .. yes....I went ... and I'll never be the same...
took me 44 years to get there...but oh my...was worth the wait.
thank you groovy girl.. *wink*  "silver and silk"  thank you.

Thank you all for these very cool replies and for celebrating this time with me.
my love and respect to poetry land.
jm

Unknown to us, there are moments when crevices open for time to come alive with begining.

John O'Donohue
Conamara Blues

[This message has been edited by Janet Marie (11-04-2002 08:34 AM).]

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
19 posted 2002-11-04 01:28 PM

You went
you saw
you touched
the awe...

Your photographs did your poetry justice
your poetry touched upon the photos...

and all in awe, you left us struck...

Smiling on the Queen Moth...

Parker
Member Elite
since 2000-01-06
Posts 3129
ON
20 posted 2002-11-04 02:40 PM

the ocean calls to us like an ancient love
the mother of our beginnings and protector
of our hearts...
We all should return to its arms as you have Browneye's.

A truly wonderful poem, your straining my heart for its call with this piece.

Parker

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

21 posted 2002-11-04 03:30 PM

Those pictures put tears in my eyes....

God, I'm so happy for you, Janet.

You know the ocean well....

Thank you for sharing the sea.

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
22 posted 2002-11-04 06:34 PM

OhJanetMarie~

The photos are wonderful as visuals of your feelings ... the butterfly (moth ?) drawn in the sand is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you~

'I knew the curling crests would content me ...
God's poetry profound crashing in crescendo resound.'

These beautiful lines tell me all I need to know of your joy and contentment~

How very, very beautiful of MarkB~ to fulfill this lovely promise ... but then ... didn't we KNOW he would make it happen ! !

Lovely gal ... as a matter of fact ... stunning~
Love and great big *HUGLETS*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
           noles1@totcon.com                       

Duncan
Member Ascendant
since 2001-08-07
Posts 5455

23 posted 2002-11-04 06:44 PM

Absolute dominion
silenced every sense
every utterance
ever entertained
no sound, no sight
no emotion
remained the same

in ocean’s mist
the moth finds wing

for this moment
all those before conceived

and all that come after
but footnotes
in the sand.

But then...you knew that...lol.  Sometimes, everything just seems to come together and you find those days of harmony and perfection that were so elusive before.  And from there, you've written beautifully.
Always worth waiting for.    

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

24 posted 2002-11-04 07:18 PM

I live near the beach, Everything you said is true. And I just feel so warm and cozy thinking about it. It was such a wonderfull poem.
Connel
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-11-04
Posts 736
Florida, USA
25 posted 2002-11-04 07:22 PM

There is no way I could even begin to tell you how much I love this poem. You had better write more! Very good job!

I wish to become a great poet some day, but it will only come in time. Til then, I shall write my poems, and wait.

RSWells
Member Elite
since 2001-06-17
Posts 2533

26 posted 2002-11-04 07:42 PM

I knew you'd love the ocean and it's tides would move you to inspiration. Hope someone got a photo of the look in your eyes when you first saw it. Enjoyed and glad to see you posting.
Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
27 posted 2002-11-04 09:58 PM

Sweet butterfly sister, I grew up greeting the ocean on a summerly day/s but I never experienced it this way, with such awe and emotion.....I let the tide take me....you are lovely when your eyes are bright....I love this side of you as well....hugssssss

Lauren~

Deep inside the stillness
........I can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration
........To me

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

28 posted 2002-11-05 12:27 PM

Sunshine...when you smile...we feel the warm...thank you Kari, so much for the help with posting my pics...for far too long I've had to use someone elses memories..but no more of that..not for this moth. TY with mothy hugs.

P-man...hey you!! Im so pleased to see your name here...so many times your poetry inspired by your love of the ocean spoke to me...now I understand...YES--YOU need to go walk in the tides...find a Irish mermaid  *wink* TY sweet tease.

Mikey.... your sweet reply was good for a few tears as well and smiles....you are so genuine and so cool...thank you groovy guy...just for being you!!  hugs!!

Margie...  so ya like me butterfly...came out cool didnt it...."butterflies are meant to be free"   Thank you for finding the joy in my words...I felt so many things in that amazing time....  and yeppers.. I never doubted MC for a minute...ever since we met hes been mapping out my route to the ocean. TY and huglets back!!

Duncan...yeah...you did it....distilled profound....but then I knew  you would....thank you for that beautiful verse...and for celebrating this all along with me..we all leave our footprints in the sand and sometimes if we are real lucky...someones heart as well.mothy hugs to ya my friend.

Wind...you are so lucky to have that gift so close to you..never take it for granted...
thank you for sharing with me.

Connel...thank you very much for your enthusiastic reply....and welcome to Poetry Land...nice to meet you.

Richard....I was hoping you would be around to see this....wanted you to know the moth made it to the shore..thank you poet sir, for your encouragement.

Lauren... I was hoping you would see this too...I wanted you to know that now I appreciate and understand the magic of your verses of the tides even more than I did before...Ive always been so drawn to the way you write about it. butterfly heart hugs me girlie...thank you..love you!!
Thank you ALL for your wonderful responses and celebrating this with me.
jm

No one has ever shown me how to see the world the way I see it now ...

~Tom Kimmel~

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
29 posted 2002-11-05 03:11 AM

well, I'm a little late here, but I want to say it's beautiful!
Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

30 posted 2002-11-05 05:47 AM

You know, I have the ocean right behind me and I see it everyday.... Your poem has made wish I didn't... I might appreciate it more and not take it's beauty for granted.

Enjoyed reading you again JM.

Maree

Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

31 posted 2002-11-05 05:47 AM

ooops sorry server must be playing up  

Maree  

[This message has been edited by Dark Angel (11-05-2002 05:48 AM).]

Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

32 posted 2002-11-05 06:14 AM

JM, I had to bookmark this so I could come back to reply to it as I have been sick and not able to be on line enough to reply to anything.  This is absolutely beautiful with the perfect imagery that we come to know in your poetry.  
I remember the first time I saw the ocean.......I was amazed at its beauty and power.  I was with friends and in the evening when they were out and about I was walking the shorelines with my lil notebook in hand and just watching and listening.....and one hears so much within those waves crashing on the beach.  

This is poetic justice baby, and I am so glad that Mr Mark kept a promise to a beautiful as yourself cuz look what you have received and as a result, what we have been blessed with.

Beautiful Janet, both the poem and your heart.
Hugs sweet poetess.

If I have touched one heart through my words, then I have acheived my dream...

{On wings of words our spirits fly~ and our souls are free.  ~me}

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
33 posted 2002-11-05 06:48 AM

"I knew the satin sky would claim me ...
of their deliverance ... I'll never be the same."

"Yes, I knew the view would change me ...

All that is missing in me ... was found in you."

~*~

You asked ... "How does one thank another for destination and clarity ... for these kinds of memories?"  I think you've answered your question with this beautiful peice JM.

I'm not sure why I'm smiling more right now ... it could be the wonderfully worded imagery, it could be the distinct sounds, sights and smells of the sea shore I experienced through your words, it could be the view of the ocean through your pictures ... (oh, I loved that one where you said "thank you Mark" - that has to be enlarged and framed for sure), and it could just be that I got to enjoy all of this combined by one of my favorite ladies.  This is a beautiful compilation. Mind if I say "thank you to Mark" too?  Since he's inspired you to this degree ... he deserves a great big hug for sure!

Wonderful to read you as always gator gal, loved this ... 'tis a for sure.

Best wishes and hugs,
/Kit

sigheyes
since 2001-04-25
Posts 323
the winds of destiny
34 posted 2002-11-05 07:54 AM

Janet thank you for writing this and thank Mark for allowing you to see it.
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

35 posted 2002-11-05 08:05 AM

Dixie...youre not late...Im not going anywhere ..lol ... thank you for stopping in and for your kinds words.

Maree ... I know thats just human nature...if we are exposed to something every day it will become "common" or routine..I met lots of people while i was there that said the same thing...I am so glad and grateful I was given this experience at an age and point that I can truly appreciate it. Im glad to be able to let others see it thru my eyes...and give a new view. Thank you girlie!!

Donna ... first of all, I hope you feel better soon!! Thank you so very much for such a sweet, generous reply...you humble me with your kindness...and thank you for sharing some of your first time with me....Its something we wont ever forget...and it changes the way we look at everything else....As soon as my plane landed, Mark took me to the beach...it was after midnight...FULL MOON....and those amazing waves crashing to the shore reflecting the light....I came to love the ocean most of all at night....its effected me in such a poweful way...Mark joked later..."if you want to shut Janet up..take her to the ocean" ... First time hes ever heard my mothy mouth hushed up LOL  I was  weak kneed and stunned silent...but then no words were needed. Thank you Donna...very much for your response.

Kit... hey you!! Well if you are smiling...then I have done my job *wink*
Thank you gator-girlie..cuz now  Im smiling... yes..you are right....Mark inspires much in me...and then ya throw in the ocean and I think theres hope for me moody muse yet! LOL  I feel like I could never write enough poems or say thank you enough to him for all that hes given me in the past 2 years ...I am so fortunate that we became friends here thru the poetry and have been able to take that beyond the distance. Thank you too, for all your kindness and support of me and my work here.
big gator hugs to you *smile*

~~~~~

Sigheyes... you came in while i was typing...thank you for stopping by...I will be happy to do so..
thanks...(great pen name by the way)

My love and respect to Poetry Land
thank you all again.
jm

~Tom Kimmel~

[This message has been edited by Janet Marie (11-05-2002 08:08 AM).]

brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
36 posted 2002-11-05 05:42 PM

I knew I'd be impressed in the presence of such power ...
all emotional express swept silent in awestricken astound.

I love that butterfly in the sand pic. As for the poem its not bad, its not good, its amazing, its always a pleasure to swim within your pools of poetry.  

The ladders of life that we scale merrily Move mysteriously around So that when you think you're climbing up, man In fact you're climbing down-Nick ca

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
37 posted 2002-11-05 05:49 PM

Intensified Tide Janet...
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
38 posted 2002-11-05 07:13 PM

Okay ... all alliterations and rhyme aside, this was a beautiful way of showing a little of what is inside of you now from the visit to the beach.  You already know of my elation for you finally being able to feel the sand melt beneath you ... and of course you know I got more than tickled to see you get dizzy from the surf as it rushed back out to join the waves that still had their curl to them but did you know that I found something there myself on your visit that I hadn't realized before?  I realized that in life we all have parts of us that crash the shores of everyday and in that day ... a part of us is absorb into the grains of that day forever, then the rest of us rushes back out to the seas of tomorrow to join with all the moments yet to happen only so we can curl up in triumph on the shores of a new day leaving just a bit more of us each time.  In the happenings of all this, we also pick up bits and pieces of new life from each experience we live and each piece of knowledge that we gain.  That is why it is so important for us to explore new reaches in all we do ... lest we leave the same footprints as we did the day before.  You my dear friend have now found new footprints in your heart, your soul, and in your approach to life and believe me, that is more than it's weight in gold to me.  I love seeing the side of you that left here.  I loved watching each moment of discovery youi encountered and I loved most of all being able to find new meanings to friendship with every moment shared.  I will smile forever in my heart knowing this and I will forever look forward to all the adventures that every tomorrow holds for our friendship.  

*Note to remember-- Just as the butterflies found on Chicks Beach that day, you have given a part of yourself to the earth, the wind, and all the elements of life and they will revisit you in many new shapes and forms to increase your level of understanding and add a new young beauty to your outlook.  Now you know what it is to find the stars of heaven within the recesses of the lightning within each wave........grab onto this knowledge and ride it on the winds of promise like there is no tomorrow to come.  

Love you my dearest friend.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
39 posted 2002-11-05 08:20 PM

Heh..I just came back to read....

Gemini
since 1999-12-15
Posts 1203
Wisconsin, USA
40 posted 2002-11-05 08:43 PM

Profoundly wonderful words, my compliments to the inspirer also.  Your words flow with tenderness and deep meaning, it was a joy to read.  I can't help but admire this, your works and friendship nurtured with such deep inspiration.
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

41 posted 2002-11-05 08:46 PM

Um...Jan? I don't mean to sound greedy or anything--but do you suppose we could have another offering from you SOON...perhaps even BEFORE your next vacation?

*chuckles and winks*

love ya m'twin!

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

42 posted 2002-11-06 08:32 AM

Brian ... come by for a dip anytime  lol ... thank you Bri-guy for the "amazing" reply...
your words carry much weight with me.

Toerag ... yes...they were..thank you poet sir for stopping by my tides

Mark ... see next reply ....   the moth needs lots of room  lol

Sunshine ...  somewhow I just knew that ya would  ..come by anytime  

Gem ... thank you so much...your kind, understanding reply touches me...
as has all our Pip friends in the past 2 year who have celebrated so sincerely
this friendship found thru the poetry here...and built across time and distance...
and also the way everyone has been so happy for me finally getting to see the ocean.
We become a family, a network "neighborhood" here...all bonded thru our words and things shared. Thank you June for this wonderful response.  

KA... ya mean I have to do this again????!!!!!!???     rofl ....
Oh man..me "anal alliteration mothy head" still hurts from this one  lmao ...
ya know...I beg me muse for  every line....maybe YOU begging will carry more weight. *wink* love you too me twin.
thank you ALL for these very cool replies and for sharing and celebrating this special time with me and Mark.

~Tom Kimmel~

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

43 posted 2002-11-06 08:39 AM

Mark ... *shaking my head* ... baby..anyone ever tell ya even your replies are pure poetry? *wink* ... anyone ever tell ya you should write prose (again) ...yeah...I think you've heard this before(moth nagging)  lol

quote:
"In the happenings of all this, we also pick up bits and pieces of new life from each experience we live and each piece of knowledge that we gain.  That is why it is so important for us to explore new reaches in all we do ... lest we leave the same footprints as we did the day before." ~*~"Just as the butterflies found on Chicks Beach that day, you have given a part of yourself to the earth, the wind, and all the elements of life and they will revisit you in many new shapes and forms to increase your level of understanding and add a new young beauty to your outlook.  Now you know what it is to find the stars of heaven within the recesses of the lightning within each wave........grab onto this knowledge and ride it on the winds of promise like there is no tomorrow to come."

I knew over 2 years ago, when I first read your poetry and prose, that the view thru your eyes was something special ...it wasnt long after we began talking that I knew there was much that could be learned from your insight...You gave me vision long before you gave me an ocean view. Thank you Mark...for the constance that you are in my life, for the things you've taught me--the clarity, for the parts of you shared with me--the trust, for the hand held out,  for the patience with my unending mothiness and emotional needs...for all the support ... for the promises kept...
for being my lighthouse in the distance.
I am so grateful and proud to call you my best friend ... but even more so that you call me yours.

Thank you for the all the "blue" ... for giving me destination written in the sand.

~

~

~

Thank you again to Kari for the graphic assistance.
Some may not be able to clearly read the 3rd picture...I can see it on my kids comp--but not on mine...its a heart with "welcome home JM"  Mark drew in the sand...taken within minutes of my first moments on the beach the night I arrived.
The last pic is not one of mine...its of a small framed plaque I have had on my desk for 2 years...now proven true in a promise kept.

thank you MC ... love you back.

thank you all for being you!!
my love to poetry land.

~Tom Kimmel~

[This message has been edited by Janet Marie (11-06-2002 08:42 AM).]

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
44 posted 2002-11-06 10:27 AM

In a world where so many promises are broken without regret, it's incredible to see the beauty that kept promises can bring. *S*

I knew the tides would take me ...
I knew that much blue would carry me away.
---
I knew the satin sky would claim me ...
---
I knew the sunsets would sate me ...
I knew the moon's silver shine would define the night.

I think many of us anticipated this happening... for when an ocean calls to someone so landlocked so consistently, the meeting has magic woven into its very existence. *S* And I know your wait was longer... but I've waited for several years now, to meet the ocean through your eyes. *S*

And this is what I meant about you doing it justice even when you think you're silenced with awe and appreciation... could there possibly BE a better description??? Not that I've ever read... and I've read LOTS! LOL

I can only echo serenity's comments. *G* And I've years and years of begging experience if that would help??? LOL

This is magnificent, JM... as breathtaking as the subject itself. *S*

Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

45 posted 2002-11-06 10:38 AM

Janet, I couldn't help but coming back.  This piece is so special, and touches in so many ways.
I think........yes.......I think.....
that you and Mark are blessed in each others friendship.  Hugs to you both and thank you for sharing such a wonderful part of your soul.

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
46 posted 2002-11-06 02:19 PM

Janet,
I am so happy you finally saw the ocean, felt the magic...*big hugs* this is so beautiful and love the pics!

vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...
47 posted 2002-11-06 02:48 PM

JM~
This is absolutely beautiful, my friend...both
your words and the photos.
I felt this right along with you as I read,
and I'm so glad you wish to see the ocean finally came true.
Doesn't surprise me a bit that a certain cowboy kept his word.
I also have to agree with serenity, that the ocean "helps us to remember WHO WE REALLY ARE".
So true it is.
Love and hugs to you,
~Vicky

"...until you have read the verse on his heart,
you have not truly met the poet.
~vlraynes

Lady In White
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-12
Posts 2799
USA
48 posted 2002-11-06 04:10 PM

Janet Marie,
my mothy friend
this all came about
because the dream would not end

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

49 posted 2002-11-06 04:16 PM

Ruth .... this gives me poetic hope *S* with you and Karen cheerleading my muse...how can she not listen?  lol
serioulsy tho---I appreciate more than moth words will convey the way you have understood my want and need of ocean breezes...thank you for celebrating it with me so graciously....and for such generous compliments of this write. The lines you chose-- were one of the last to go in...I worked on this poem for about 4 days...rewriting and adding in the internal rhymes and alliterations...but something was missing for me...I wasnt ready to let the poem be...I hadnt captured the way I felt in hearing the amazing sound of the waves coming into shore...the constance that rocked me content....while awestruck at the same time of the power they could create in that constance. Thanks for letting me know I in someway accomplished that. Thank you Ruthie...truly.

Donna.... thank you for the return visit--you honor and touch me with your sweet comments...and yes you are so right...the friendship is a God send and I know how blessed I am to have him in my life. Sometimes we just get lucky the way the stars and rhymes align. *S* hugs to you for your kind spirit.  

Susan...I know you understand being taken by the tides...thank you for celebrating it with me too...Im glad you had time to come in...I was hoping you would get to see this one and my pics. Thanks girlie-girl!!  

Vicky...hey you...welcome back to the blue.. *S* ...so glad you got to see this...
now ya know what I been up to LOL Thank you so much...yeppers that cowboy
kept this promise on a grand scale...everyday was filled with so many special moments. I hope to be able to do all I saw and experienced justice in my poetry.
TY  

Lady....ya slipped in with your usual soft spoken grace while I was typing..thank you...yes..this dream came true...its a very special thing. TY
~~~

you guys are so cool...thank you so much
jm

~Tom Kimmel~

[This message has been edited by Janet Marie (11-06-2002 04:18 PM).]

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...
50 posted 2002-11-06 08:22 PM

Ya gotta know I love this one Janet, it’s not just spectacular, but special. Thank you for sharing this one, it brought me a big smile this day!

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets.  ~Arthur Miller

paladin
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-08-05
Posts 930
Pensacola,Fl.
51 posted 2002-11-06 08:28 PM

Darn,I thought it was about how Florida whupped Alabama.Great pictures and poem though.

paladin

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

52 posted 2002-11-07 12:34 PM

Eddie...hey you!!!! good to see you here...
and if youre smiling...then Im smiling...
yeah..the moth went to the beach..can you believe it??!!
thank you my friend...Im happy you got to see this one.

pladin....they whooped em good huh? LOL
thank you for stopping by and your kind words.
thank you all...
peace and poetry
jm

~Tom Kimmel~

Dee
Member Elite
since 2000-08-19
Posts 2330
Queensland, Australia
53 posted 2002-11-07 02:21 AM

Oh Janet. I am so happy that you got your dream. We all deserve to live our dreams.
And the way it has touched your poetry is beautiful.

Love ya girlie

Dee

Stand straight and tall, not the reflection as others see you, but as you truely are.        Clearwater

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
54 posted 2002-11-07 03:28 AM

I'm always late when something beautiful is going on.

You know I love this, pics and poem.

So....you have come to like the sea shore....time to come over to Holland and I'll show you our shores with the big dunes.
Ideal place for moths.

Titia

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

AniKay83
since 2000-06-28
Posts 388
Missing Since 1999
55 posted 2002-11-07 03:36 AM

You probably won't be able to wade thru all the replies to get to mine! And it's no wonder, you're such an amazing poet. You always blow me away and are still to this day, my very very favorite poet. I am also captivated by the ocean. I'm almost 20 and have spent those 20 yrs living by the beach. I could never leave it.

Never stop writing JM! (As if anyone could ever stop you!!!!)

Much love,
~Krissie

P.S. This one's going in my library.

"No one has ever loved ~anyone~ the way ~everyone~ wants to be loved"
~Mignon McLaughlin~

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
56 posted 2002-11-07 04:55 AM

Lovely...James
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

57 posted 2002-11-07 11:17 AM

Dee....yea!! Hi sweets....Im so glad you got to stop in and see this one...yeah..its not often a dream so big gets to be a reality...and this one was something I wanted and waited a long time for...and it was so worth the wait. You take care and come see us when you can.
Love ya back girlie-girl

Titia...youre not late....Im still here   So Holland is the place for moths?
I better get to flying then *S*  thank you for the lovely reply. I am glad you made it by.
thanks sweet poetess!!

Krissie  ... HEY!!! No worries...I found you...each reply is a treasure to me...no matter the number...thank you so much for your humbling compliments you are so sweet to me...and you are so lucky to have always had the ocean close...and its so cool you dont take it for granted like some who have always had it do...thats the poet in you
thank you girlie...and its so good to see you here again.

James... thank you poet sir for the lovely

thank you to everyone....
jm

~Tom Kimmel~

SimplyGold
since 2002-07-10
Posts 1453

58 posted 2002-11-17 12:08 PM

Janet Marie,

I just discovered this wonderful, wonderful treasure. I'm speechless, so glad that I decided to check the archives for your work!

Masterful...

SimplyGold

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

59 posted 2002-11-17 12:14 PM

thank you so much SG....sometimes me moody muse leaves for so long you HAVE to find me in the archives
thanks so much for taking the time to do so...I appreciate it muchly.
Good to see you back in poetry land again.

~Tom Kimmel~

Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan
60 posted 2002-11-17 02:00 AM

All that is missing in me...was found in you

Oh what lovely words, Janet Marie...
I love the way you ended this...
The whole poem was very special
~ loving chipmunk hugs

Lyra

copyright2002 Lyra Nesius

"poetry is life distilled"  Gwendolyn Brooks

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

61 posted 2002-11-17 08:31 AM

Lyra...thank you so much for your sweet response and the chipmunk hugs
Its so good to have you back with us.

````

thank you to everyone for all these wonderful replies and sharing this special time in my life.
love to poetry land
jm

~Tom Kimmel~

EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
62 posted 2002-11-17 11:18 PM

janet...

janet , janet janet...

janet marie...

janet marie...

you never cease,

to amaze me

with your spellbinding poetry

I have sent you nothing but angels, and I have placed nothing but miracles before you.

BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
63 posted 2003-02-14 07:54 PM

The ocean is breathtaking... this I know.
I too have experianced the same awestruck feelings.
Your poem tells so beautifully, what truth is, and how something like a vast ocean can bring clarity to one's heart.
The pic's are marvelous as well.

Deb

Street Heart
since 2002-09-05
Posts 349
Pennsylvania,USA
64 posted 2003-03-20 08:19 PM

That is so nice,Janet.I'm sure Mark was moved by this appreciation.The pictures were just gorgeous,and I really liked your "Thanks" and your moth written in the sand!

Peace,Geoffrey

If a man has not discovered something he is willing to die for,his life is not worth living.

Martin Luther King,Jr. Detroit,1963

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #23 » Tide Taken

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary