navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Flawed Perfection
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Flawed Perfection Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
OtherSideOfTheMirror
since 2002-12-19
Posts 245

0 posted 2003-07-20 06:28 PM

I hated you for being happy
I hated when you were sad
I hated you for being beautiful
I hated you for every flaw
I hated you for your perfection
I hated you for my imperfection

I hated myself for being happy
I hated when I was sad
I hated myself for being beautiful
I hated myself for every flaw
I hated my own perfection
You hated me for your imperfection

We hated being beautiful
We hated our flawed perfection

me?
don't worry about me
I'm alone but I'm alive
I'm unhappy, but I'll survive
I'm alone but you're alive
I'm unhappy, and you survive...

this sounds really weird now reading it.. i dono if it makes sense to anyone that isn't me... but oh well.

[This message has been edited by OtherSideOfTheMirror (07-20-2003 06:29 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 OtherSideOfTheMirror - All Rights Reserved
Lexy
since 2003-01-28
Posts 1038
California
1 posted 2003-07-20 08:13 PM

sure it made sense, you said what you meant, and it shows. I loved this.
~Lex...

sixington
since 2003-07-14
Posts 53
Utah
2 posted 2003-07-21 02:58 AM

It made a lot of sense to me, and i don't think it was wierd. it made me cry. i'm not sure why, but it really touched me. i can definately relate because its how i feel so often. i hate myself for being happy, i hate it when i'm sad. but you put it wonderfly into words.
eor
since 2002-09-26
Posts 959
blues & greys
3 posted 2003-07-21 06:52 PM

it makes perfect sense, great write

"in a past life i was a woodcarver's knife: the sharpend blade of a wood cutter, the eldest son of the chief's brother: a maker of drums"

HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York
4 posted 2003-07-21 07:15 PM

*grabs head in hands*  I DON'T GET IT!!!  *looks around* Whoops, don't I feel stupid now... *shrinks away*  (LOL)  Sorry about that.  I'm not trying to be mean.  I just really can't grasp it to well.  It's like trying to catch a fly mid flight while drunk, it just dosen't work.  It seems my heart grasps what my head cannot, however, because this made me wanna cry as well.  It is very good!  Even if my intellect isn't up to task today.  Keep on a'writin'!  
                                                                                                                                                  'Rich'

Forever I will stand
always here with you.
Now stay and hold my hand
and together we'll go somewhere new.
~Rich~

*Belabebeautiful*
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-03
Posts 696
washington, USA
5 posted 2003-07-21 09:15 PM

I enjoyed this piece. I'm not particularly fond of every line starting with the same word just cause to me that seems reptitive and it bores me, though some say it is to make a statement I personally disagree, this piece however was well done. Any who cares if no one else gets it, you got out what you felt and I bet you feel better now that you've vented huh?! It is a very emotional poem though the feelings just kinda flew out of the computer screen and smacked me clean in the chest nice job!
~Live and Laugh~

The problem with resisting temptation is you never know if you'll get the chance again
~Bella~

Silent Evincar
since 2003-07-22
Posts 179
Here There and Places Between
6 posted 2003-07-22 03:25 AM

How much more sense can you make? Its truely understandable by our visible standards perhaps not through experience. That is the value and depression of your own words. You may not be the only one who's written them, but only YOU will understand them...indefinitely.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Flawed Perfection

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary