navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Thinking while being subjected to the metaphorical hierarchy of adolescence
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Thinking while being subjected to the metaphorical hierarchy of adolescence Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Paragon
since 2003-02-16
Posts 114

0 posted 2003-06-07 10:11 PM

Amidst the floating debri of refracted speech and hormonal imbalance
Through the hisses and stares from calloused beings who are as lost as he
Above the clawing demons who are ever falling and like to drag people down with them
Below the condescending angels who are flying above by piling social body-bags below them
Behind the over-achievers who read, study, push, prod, turn, shake and squirm for attention
In front of the slackers who lay back with nothing better to do but kill brain cells and complain

He sits, contemplating his life, and what he will make of himself.

© Copyright 2003 Paragon - All Rights Reserved
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
1 posted 2003-06-08 08:12 AM

This is excellent, adolescence captured perfectly!!! I'm very very impressed that you manage it so strikingly and in such a short space of time, you manage to say it all.....
Luv, Liz xxx

"Gorge the honey from life, and live through the stomach aches knowing they will pass..." ~Liz Pinard 2003~

Halcyon
since 2003-04-10
Posts 43
Arizona, USA
2 posted 2003-06-08 12:45 PM

Everything in this is very true.  Life as a teen can be quite chaotic.  Where do we fit in? Are we those calloused beings? The condescending angels? Or just another slacker?  Only by thinking ourselves can we know who we really are.

Btw, your titles are great!

Only the warrior who can admit mortal weakness will be bolstered by immortal stre

*Belabebeautiful*
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-03
Posts 696
washington, USA
3 posted 2003-06-09 01:04 AM

Beautifully written!! I absolutly loved the metaphors! Anyone who has gone through this can relate to this poem. Wonderfully expressed..one of my favorites that I've read from you!
~Live and Laugh~

Always strive for excellence never perfection.
~Bella~

BrokenDreams
since 2003-02-09
Posts 425
In The Clouds
4 posted 2003-06-10 12:51 PM

Your grasp of the obvious never ceases to amaze me. Really. I'm not sure how you do it, but you always manage to say make me think about stuff without having a really long poem. I commend you. Oh yeah, aI agree that your titles are really cool.
-Jen

If you listen hard enough silence can mean more than words.

Kandi
since 2000-06-14
Posts 354
North of Hell
5 posted 2003-07-07 02:36 AM

Below the condescending angels who are flying above by piling social body-bags below them

GREAT line...

I loved this and was very impressed. I like how with the last line, "he" seems to forget about comparisons between himself and everyone else and focuses on where he's going and who he is. I think we all get too caught up in where we stand in the social scheme of things and forget to stand on our own.

Excellent write. Thanks for sharing.
~Kay

Just wanna be funny,looks like the joke's on me.
So call me Captain Backfire.

Deep_Inside
since 2002-02-14
Posts 377
i can't stop hiding
6 posted 2003-07-07 03:18 AM

that was grate reminds me of a lot of people i know even myself good post
dertah
since 2003-06-18
Posts 584

7 posted 2003-07-07 01:14 PM

truly enlightening.  very nice work.
Song_for_Serenity
since 2003-05-28
Posts 97
USA
8 posted 2003-07-07 04:32 PM

Heh.. this was great. I don't have much I can say other than that. Have a spiffy day!

~Angela
"Anything less than mad, passionate love is wasting your time...Life has too many mediocre things in it, love shouldn't be one of them..."

Lexy
since 2003-01-28
Posts 1038
California
9 posted 2003-07-07 05:58 PM

yes...very, very well done. I admire your ability to see things for how they really are, and make a consciuos decision not to be a part of it all. Amazing poem..
~Lex

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Thinking while being subjected to the metaphorical hierarchy of adolescence

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary