navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Disappearing
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Disappearing Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
blueyedlioness
since 2003-04-24
Posts 289
USA

0 posted 2003-05-29 01:03 PM

Okay, so this is not at ALL like what I usually write. One of my rather pathetic attempts at free verse. However, this is the first one I'm not embarrassed to let people read. I was in a weird mood last night... if you want to know, you can read my journal... ya know, on my website. Right, enough talking...

Confusion
The last glance tonight
As I walked away
Flipped my hair back
And looked over my shoulder
At you
Staring at me in
Confusion

I'm slipping
Slowly fading away
You followed me to the door
Stopped and watched me
You don't know why
But I
Have to go
I'm slipping

Disappearing
Out of your life
Getting harder to see
I know you wonder
What's happening to me
But someday
I'll be gone
Disappearing

Silence
Was I ever there?
Where am I now?
You briefly hold on
But the memories vanish
As I did
Now you're left with
Silence

© Copyright 2003 Laura - All Rights Reserved
wvplayernotreally
since 2002-11-06
Posts 215
yakima wa
1 posted 2003-05-29 11:03 PM

That was super good. Not pathetic at all. I liked it

" I think I got a tan from the light in which i was basking."

*Belabebeautiful*
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-03
Posts 696
washington, USA
2 posted 2003-05-30 12:25 PM

If that was pathetic I can't wait untill you put one out that you think is good!! But I guess everyone is there own worst critic right? I thouroly(sp??) enjoyed this piece. But I'm one of those crazy people that like to read poems that are a little off and a little abstract! Enjoyable read, thanks
~Live and Laugh~

Always strive for excellence never perfection.
~Bella~

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 posted 2003-06-03 12:55 PM

Nahh, not pathetic, but not your best.

The structure is the same as you always seem to use, which, in a poem like this which shows sorrow and a more "flowing" emotion, if you will, the short lines seem to take away from the point that you're trying to make. The short lines are more like a hiccup, likely to be used while expressing rage or craziness or a more staggered emotion.

The content is great, and you put a lot of yourself into this, especially if the situation did not really happen. The last stanza was definitely my favorite, with the repitition of the last line. The emphasis leaves the reader with the same feeling of sorrow you're giving off.

Well done here. Like I said, a good poem, but I've read better from you. Keep writing.

--Marie

"You can be idealistic for all of ten seconds before you die." (Imitation of Life)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Disappearing

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary