navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Hippocritical Pseudo-Americans
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hippocritical Pseudo-Americans Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Paragon
since 2003-02-16
Posts 114

0 posted 2003-05-11 12:08 PM

Note from me:
I wrote this in response to those "Americans" who would enjoy the freedoms paid for with blood and valor, but protest against others having the chance to enjoy the self-same God given rights. Or perhaps it is that you dishonor those who have died in this war by calling it not worthwhile, they gave and died for it. For those who second guess our president and congress.. When you spend your entire life becoming a politician and manage to be secure enough in your manhood to do something others may not like because it is right, then say something. If you believe this war was fought for cheaper oil prices you should look up where we get our oil Iraq is #15 on the list as of last month, therefore it wouldnt really effect the U.S that much. I am proud to be American.. Not german-american, American, I am proud my country will stand up when others stay silent. I am proud that as a country we freed Iraq from its tyranny and will now implement a democratic government. That said, read on.

If you don't like it leave
America is land of the proud
home of the free
I'll stand tall and shout loud
raising the banner of democracy

How can you live in comfort
proclaiming you don't support
America, buy a plane ticket
go to Iraq and picket
your complaint

If you won't fight for freedom
for others, you don't deserve it
choke in disbelief (yes you heard it)
Join the Al Queda take up arms
sound the alarms

We have a hippocritical lazy
person screaming with hazy
and ego-centric views
now aint that screwed?

What if it was you
would you want to be
living under tyranny
or
would you like to see
Democracy?

© Copyright 2003 Paragon - All Rights Reserved
Albino_Jenn
since 2003-03-03
Posts 105
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2003-05-11 12:36 PM

Well, it's good to know that you believe in something so whole heartedly....but on the other hand you must realize people have opinions and yours may not necessarily be the only right opinion...but it was a good poem..being Canadian, I don't have an opinion either way soo....you did a good job of expressing your feelings...
Jenn

**It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not**

blueyedlioness
since 2003-04-24
Posts 289
USA
2 posted 2003-05-11 02:25 PM

*applause*

Yes, yes, yes.

BrokenDreams
since 2003-02-09
Posts 425
In The Clouds
3 posted 2003-05-11 06:05 PM

Very well said. I'm glad that you believe in something that strongly. I'd rather have someone with anopinion that's the exact opposite of mine, than have someone that claims to be "patriotic" but is really quite indifferent. But I don't want to get myself going so I'll stop.
Jenni

BTW, I like the title, it really caught my attention.

To hate you must first have loved.

*Dark Princess*
since 2003-04-13
Posts 22
lost in the shadows
4 posted 2003-05-27 12:38 PM

I love this and totally agree...I read it once but had to come back again...great way of saying how u feel...I wish more Americans would think a little more like this...Jessica
BrokenAngel
since 2002-01-06
Posts 141
Puryear, TN, USA
5 posted 2003-05-27 07:59 PM

Wonderful write and very true.  If we as Americans wish to have freedom we must be ready to pay the price tag it holds.  And yes every one has opinions, and they can say it, that is what makes us America, but my responce is look at the facts so you can have an educated opinion not one you saw on TV or your friends say.  Great poem!!!  And thank you!!

future US Marine

Read my work and read my thoughts
I'll go back into the night now
---Night Angel

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
6 posted 2003-05-27 08:08 PM

Your opinion is very clearly and well expressed here...but I think "Hypocritical" and "Hippocratic".....just looking at your title. My only qualm in this is that while standing proud for your opinion is great, no one has the right to judge another's opinion as wrong. Opinion cannot be either right or wrong, it is only what a person sees or thinks, as defined by their subjective perspectives.
Peace,
Liz xxx

"Gorge the honey from life, and live through the stomach aches knowing they will pass..." ~Liz Pinard 2003~

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
7 posted 2003-05-27 08:14 PM

Huh... I'm Canadian as well, and I have an opinion on the war but we won't go there
Anyway, good poem, it's nice to see someone who's not afraid to express their opinion. I'm gonna keep my eye out for you in the future, I like what I've read here. Keep it up, and don't let your opinions be silenced

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
8 posted 2003-06-03 12:31 PM

This is beautiful...
America is land of the proud
home of the free
I'll stand tall and shout loud
raising the banner of democracy

Wonderful... simply awesome. I'm giving you a bump, standing ovation, and a *click* right into my library for this one.

Thanks for sharing!

--Marie

"You can be idealistic for all of ten seconds before you die." (Imitation of Life)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Hippocritical Pseudo-Americans

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary