navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Can't Go On
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Can't Go On Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
WindSong
since 2002-12-23
Posts 313
Long Island, New York

0 posted 2003-04-22 11:03 PM

"I can't take anymore, I'm dying.
I need you to help me, guide me.
Don't let me fall again."
The verge of suicide all the time.
No one ever realized how I felt.
No one wants to know, they'd be scared.
What you see on the outside is fake-
Look into my painful eyes and watch me die.
None of you understand exactly-
No matter how hard you try,
You just don't get it.
You don't believe me, you don't
Want to live what I live. It's
To much for you, I can tell when
I look at you or listen to you.
You turn your back, I turn to drugs.
They don't break promises, they kill
Relationships. They kill people.
That's what I want, to be dead.
Leave me be, I've got planning to do.
You wanted to help but now,
You don't because I've opened a
Window for you.
You ran away because you were scared
Of what you saw:
A dying, lonely, weak girl, now dead.

I lie all the time - infact Im lieing right now!
Today is yesterdays tomorrow.

© Copyright 2003 Kirah - All Rights Reserved
Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
1 posted 2003-04-23 11:29 AM

alright...step sloooowly back from the edge.
that was creepy...I wasn't sure whether to post a reply or call the cops(like I'd know where to send them).  I sincerely hope that this isn't your true state of mind.  If it is, then it sounds like you could use a friend...or at least someone who wants to listen.  you can email me anytime if it gets to bad, ok....anywho...I did love the poem, it really conveyed quite a depth of emotion the touched me...good writing.

Jeremy

Be it in the truest form, or a desperate lack thereof, fail not to understand that the inspiration is love.

WinterWren
since 2002-12-01
Posts 1044
...Coming to
2 posted 2003-04-23 02:13 PM

I don't think I like this as much as your other ones, it was as Jeremy said, a little creepy.
I do like it though.
I hope this poem is about someone other than yourself, you already know you can always talk to me, don't forget that.

WinterWren
"Even a fool knows that we cannot touch the stars, but that doesn't keep the wise from trying."

WindSong
since 2002-12-23
Posts 313
Long Island, New York
3 posted 2003-04-23 04:30 PM

Unfortunately, it's how I feel a good percent of the time. See, I knew if I was to put my feelings to paper...people would turn away and not want to hear me so I never tell anyone how I feel anymore...Thanks for the replies though.

I lie all the time - infact Im lieing right now!
Today is yesterdays tomorrow.

peachesNcream
since 2001-08-21
Posts 513
Ocean Of Tears
4 posted 2003-04-23 08:49 PM

This poem surely had deep emotions to it. You're a great writer, don't let that change! I think everyone feels this way at least once in their lifetime. Sadly enough, for others it's more than that. Just remember there are people out there who care about you even if they don't understand what you're going through. Anyways, good job! ~Jess

"The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept."

sykopathicfreek
since 2003-04-22
Posts 24
ohio, usa
5 posted 2003-04-24 09:01 AM

i dont think you should not tell anyone your feelings. this hits right at home for a lot of people. as i've said before life has a way to work it out. i used to be the same way. great poem.

"Pain is but weakness leaving the body"

heart_of_ice
since 2003-02-18
Posts 14
England
6 posted 2003-04-24 10:06 AM

this poem is like so many i've written, then decided not to post. please don't keep your feelings to yourself....others can't understand unless they've been there themselves, but people care they are just scared and don't know what to do. believe me when i tell you that i understand. you sound so much like me, it worries me because i know that so much pain is too much to bear. i do like the poem though, and i don't find it at all creepy, just sad. please don't feel alone
WinterWren
since 2002-12-01
Posts 1044
...Coming to
7 posted 2003-04-25 01:27 AM

It's not that the whole poem is creepy..
I don't know maybe creepy just isn't the right word.
Trust me I feel this way alot too,
The thought of sucide just freaks me out,
in my opinion it's just a selfish thing to do.
I really do love the poem though,
never stop expressing your feelings.
Big hugs!
don't forget to always email me when you feel down ok?

WinterWren
"Even a fool knows that we cannot touch the stars, but that doesn't keep the wise from trying."

WindSong
since 2002-12-23
Posts 313
Long Island, New York
8 posted 2003-04-25 07:57 AM

I would e-mail ya Steph, but umm...I changed e-mail addresses and I don't know what you're email address is...peace!
blueyedlioness
since 2003-04-24
Posts 289
USA
9 posted 2003-04-25 11:58 AM

Wow... that reeaalllly hits home. Yeah, I have SO been there.

Some of y'all are saying that it's creepy... and it's kinda weird, because I guess it is, but it just feels familiar to me.

Anyway, yep, I like it.

WinterWren
since 2002-12-01
Posts 1044
...Coming to
10 posted 2003-04-26 04:34 PM

If you look next to the thing that has the flower icon and it says 7 posted since whatever next to that is a little icon with an envelope that says email winterwren, it's there.
Not that you aboslutely have to email me, it was just if you wanted to vent at someone.

WinterWren

aaron woodside
since 2001-09-26
Posts 256

11 posted 2003-04-26 04:43 PM

This was very emotional. I actually enjoy reading things of this nature.  Not because I have a fascination with anything morbid, but because this is an indepth glimpse into and introspection of dying and death.  (Ok maybe a little morbid).  But the point is, how can you hope to understand and accept death if you don't ever think about it.

I've thought about my own death many times before.  Never been close to suicide, as I fully believe theres always a silver lining.  You just have to know where to look.  On the other hand thinking about my own death has often given me a perspective on what is really important in my life.  

I'm only advising thinking things along this line if you KNOW you are not going to do anything rash.  If you do think you have the chance of commiting suicide I would advise you to seek professional help immediately and listen to their advice.

I'm not sure if you are a religous person or not, but just remember, none of God's chosen have lead easy lives.   Not even Jesus.  

I really enjoyed reading this.  I hope to see more from you very soon.

ex animo,
Aaron Woodside

IN NOMINE PATRI ET FILII ET SPIRITUS SANCTI

WindSong
since 2002-12-23
Posts 313
Long Island, New York
12 posted 2003-04-26 07:22 PM

Thanks, peeps. I appreciate you're thoughts, but I can assure you that something changed how I feel...Believe me!!! lol. I did something and then for that had the crap scared out of me! So, I'll be here for a long while..Thanks everyone, you rock!
sing'n fool
since 2003-04-17
Posts 82
Morris, Il
13 posted 2003-04-28 12:29 PM

Now that's powerful and scarry at the same time.  Sometimes I think we all might feel that we want to die, but we don't go that far girl!  Usually it's said in jest. None the less it's still a great poem.  Don't live so close to the edge things look better when you take a step back and have time to relax, and address the situation.

Sing'n Fool

Be yourself.  Say what you feel.  Nothing is wrong. To your own self be real!!

FlyingCloud
since 2003-04-28
Posts 151
A little place inside my head
14 posted 2003-04-29 05:46 PM

This is freaky, scary, and powerful all rolled into one. I have the chills....

^~Whoever does not love his work cannot hope that it will please others.~^
Unknown

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Can't Go On

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary