navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Two can play this game
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Two can play this game Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A.L
since 2003-03-15
Posts 131

0 posted 2003-04-20 06:39 PM

I wrote this one to my boyfriend (At the time) I let him read it cause I couldn't tell him to his face or put into words what I really think about him or the hurt he caused me...I never say what I feel but he can say whatever he wants, this is my way of getting back...

Selfish is one of the many sides of this person I thought I knew, Ignorant and Naieve is what he was changing me into,
Twisting every word he said just so he could do no wrong, I ate up all the lies he spoke and I knew it all along...

I knew he wasn't perfect like he made himself out to be, But I got strangled in his web and I am struggling to set myself free,
I protected his name and ignored what I knew, Defended his every move, Tore myself apart putting my trust in someone, What did I have to prove...?

Trying to be the best to show him everything that I was, To him, it seemed that even my best just clearly wasn't enough,
I never thought I'd change for someone so much in such a short amount of time, Changing for the sake of him, It feels as if he controlled my mind...

I'm not the same person I knew before I lost myself in him, Caught in his game as he played me, I bet he never thought I would win,
He never thought I'd turn around and throw it in his face, Making him realize he lost a good thing should put him in his place...

Letting him know how spite works, His anguish could never measure up, To the twisted torement of my hurt, but he falls as I rise above,
He's worse than all the hate he speaks, He pushed himself below, Deceit, His lies, and Selfishness are the only things he knows...

His hurtful lies consumed his heart, his mind believes they're true, He lies once again to himself, if only the truth he knew,
No room for change, no faith or hope, He's oblivious to what he's become, His mind is shut out to the world, It's change that he runs from...

Fear chases him down until he lets up pleading with words in vain, It hurts when you hear the truth about you, I told you two can play this game...

"Why do we fall in love when love will only tear us apart..."

-Ali-

© Copyright 2003 Alison - All Rights Reserved
Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
1 posted 2003-04-20 06:47 PM

I sincerely hope this guy took a good look in the mirror after reading this...I know I would.  I was actually getting more pissed at him as I read on...very capturing...like it alot.

J.H.

Curse not upon love, for it is the greatest of great things. Be it not love that curses you....but thy lack thereof. -J.D.H.

A.L
since 2003-03-15
Posts 131

2 posted 2003-04-20 06:52 PM

Thank you for sharing...I'm sure he questioned who he was after reading this...well at least I hope so...

"Do you ever smile and find it shameful because you dont know who you are? Or tell me, do you find yourself from day to day staring at a strangers face and to find yourself to your dismay looking into your own face?"

-Ali-

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Two can play this game

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary