navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » #7 Letting go...
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic #7 Letting go... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A.L
since 2003-03-15
Posts 131

0 posted 2003-04-13 05:50 PM

Letting go of everything, Leaving behind what I know, Remembering all the times we shared, trying to cover to pain that will always show,
Hiding my feelings when I see you, You can't know the way I feel, Doing what I have to do, Never thought that this would be real...

Putting my heart aside just to listen to my mind, Close my eyes and hear it tell me that I have to leave you behind,
I never thought I'd be here telling myself to let you go, My heart will always love you but I will never let you know...

I hate you for making me smile, I hate the pain that I went through, I hate your perfect lies, and the fact that I believed you,
You were right when you said those words that at the time I didn't see, The only truth you ever spoke was that you don't deserve me...

You hate yourself for losing me and giving up that day, I told you once you turn your back you'll regret ever walking away,
You realized just a little too late what I was trying to show you all along, Ignored the fact that I was there and still didn't know where you belong...

"Don't let me let yo go", those words replay in my head, Shouldn'thave wasted that line on me, It would work better on her instead,
Don't come around and tell me things, this has to be the end, Don't make it any harder for me, Don't let me fall for you again...

Please leave me alone, just forget me and pretend that I'm not there, Turn your back like you did before, Act like you don't care,
I showed you, I opened up, and I let you get to me, Too bad you'll never know again that I could be what you need...

I'm sorry I can't be there anymore to help make you strong, Your weakness held me back from what I knew I had to do all along,
Hanging in there and holding on to something that was never truly mine, Feeling torn apart from someone that I'll never really find...

Healing comes so painfully and the hurt will always show, It won't be easy forgetting you, The hardest part is letting you go...

-Ali-

© Copyright 2003 Alison - All Rights Reserved
A.L
since 2003-03-15
Posts 131

1 posted 2003-04-13 10:21 PM

If anyone has any comments, please let me know
SixtiesChick03
since 2003-03-27
Posts 49
NV
2 posted 2003-04-14 07:23 PM

that is the hardest part...letting someone go that you love. This poem was very well written and had alot of emotion. GREAT WORK!!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » #7 Letting go...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary