navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Holding onto the past...
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Holding onto the past... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A.L
since 2003-03-15
Posts 131

0 posted 2003-04-03 12:30 PM

I guess some people just aren't meant to be in my life, as hard as it was to realize it, I just wish I wasn't right, I thought we found one another because we both needed a little change, if I could find you all over again, I'd turn away just to spare myself the pain,
Not until now did I realize what was happening all along, Blinded by what I thought was love, was just confusion that went wrong, Trying to block out what people would say came back to me in the end, I just didn't want to be right about you, being deaf to it gave me a reason to pretend,
Pretend that things were going alright, pretend that you didn't lie, Pretend that I didn't see the inevitable, and try to cover my face when I cry, I thought you'd come around when I ignored you, only finding that my intentions were wrong, the attention that you didn't get from me, was probably what you wanted all along,
How quick the tables have turned and I'm shoved to the other side, I'm in too deep to forget it all now, and me giving up, I wouldn't be able to say that I tried, It hurts me so much that I can't talk to you and tell you how I feel, it takes all of me just to look at you and still then, past memories become all too real,
It's the past that catches up to you and just won't seem to go away, the past that you hold so tight to, comsumes you more each day, Don't look back to the past in confusion, still holding on to what you have now, Let go of one and open your eyes to the good you might have found...
Don't turn back to your weakness realizing only too late that you should have stayed...
Just look back at me and what you have lost and regret ever walking away....

© Copyright 2003 Alison - All Rights Reserved
Tabitha LeAnn
since 2003-03-27
Posts 50
Kansas, USA
1 posted 2003-04-03 10:23 PM

WOW!!! AMAZING POEM I LOVED THIS SO MUCH. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL AND YOU SEEMED TO PUT IN WORDS EXACTLY HOW I FELT. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL POEM. NEVER QUIT WRITTING ITS SO OBVIOUS YOU HAVE SUCH A GIFT!!! I LOOK FORWARD TO READING MORE OF YOUR WORK.
Star T
since 2002-07-12
Posts 182
Philadelphia, US
2 posted 2003-04-03 11:15 PM

hey,very nice story/poem.seems like a true life story i can almost feel your emotions directly.it just seems to emanate strongly through the poem.i just want to tell u tonite, that love sometimes isnt exactly as we all dream it to be.and due to the high expectations we had of it, it always seems to fall short.so please,hold on to your love and don't give it up.things come and go,and so will the present challenges ur love life may be facing.talk to him about it.please,don't give up on love so easily.
A.L
since 2003-03-15
Posts 131

3 posted 2003-04-04 12:52 PM

Thank you so much for writing! Its sad to say, this is about a guy i was seeing, or still am, its a long story, but im just so confused with the whole situation, i dont know whether to stay or go....writing is like closure for me! I'll post some more poems, I hope you enjoy them )
SixtiesChick03
since 2003-03-27
Posts 49
NV
4 posted 2003-04-05 03:37 PM

I really do love your writings. I can relate so well to them and i know for the most part on what your going through...i myself, am there at the moment. Cant wait to read more of your poems.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Holding onto the past...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary