navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Trust...
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Trust... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A.L
since 2003-03-15
Posts 131

0 posted 2003-03-23 08:13 PM

How many times will this happen until I open my eyes, How foolish of me to fall in again, why couldn't I see through all the lies?
I used to question why I could never trust, Why wouldn't I let anyone through, I pretended not to know the answer, because I didn't want to face the truth, Hiding deep inside are the feelings nobody sees, I'm on the outside looking into the real truth about me, Was I a fool to think those words you spoke were anything but lies, I got sucked in by the charm that I now have learned to despise...

There are only so many times you can let someone back in, Until they break you apart to where you can never trust again, Where do you draw the line on all the hurt someone can bring, you try to forget all the bad but somehow those are the things you keep remembering, You can't ignore something that eats at you inside, it consumes all the good in you, now the good that you can't find, Sadness takes over and these walls are caving in, afraid to let myself go, afraid to hurt again...

The one time I open up, the one time I face my fears, it hits me harder than ever, I wish YOU could cry these tears, It takes all I have inside to cover up all the pain, But theres so much there to cover and now only regret remains, I don't care anymore for the answer I wanted for so long, Someone ripped me to peices and I'm not that strong...

Trust myself with secrets nobody will ever know, Holding in my tears and never letting them show, I know I won't get a chance to feel anything but pain....This is how its always been and theres no room for change, Lonliness continues to run it's course, I'm used to it and can't let go, I'm not afraid to be alone, because it's the only thing I know...

© Copyright 2003 Alison - All Rights Reserved
CSwtThng
since 1999-07-28
Posts 124

1 posted 2003-03-23 11:04 PM

This is a very sad, but I really enjoyed it!
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2003-03-24 02:10 PM

(big hugggsssssssss) Trust is something that so many relationships seem to lack today, dearest friend, I hope soon you find this sincerity you deserve as that is what makes magic last! (sad sigh) God Bless You, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

pearl6884
since 2003-03-23
Posts 72
California coast
3 posted 2003-03-25 01:02 PM

Very heartwrenching and beautiful. *Applause*

*To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower...Hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour...*
-Blake

MeMyself&I
since 2003-03-25
Posts 3
indiana usa
4 posted 2003-03-25 09:00 PM

so good i love it !!!!!!!!!!!
NSnaomian
since 2002-07-22
Posts 232
In my troll closet I be
5 posted 2003-03-25 09:16 PM

*HUGS*
I know just what you are saying in this and I have to say...
its hard and you'll be ok I know it. You can be a strong person if you try and you have all the capability.
I liked this very much and lemme guess...
it made you feel better to write it? You did a great job expressing what you were feeling, and for that I commend you.
Laura

"All that I desire to point out is the general principle that Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life."
-Oscar Wilde

A.L
since 2003-03-15
Posts 131

6 posted 2003-03-25 09:36 PM

Thank you so much...I always feel better after I write a poem...Its kinda like my closure to things and it DOES make me feel better cause sometimes its the only way I can get over things...
Thanks for reading...check out some of my other poems, they are on here too...its kinda like a story about whats been happening lately with this guy I've been struggling with....thanks again for reading )

carol
since 2003-01-25
Posts 624
Florida USA
7 posted 2003-04-12 07:59 PM

Real friends celebrate in who we are and have faith in all that we can become
Lots of Love
Rita

SilentTears
since 2003-02-15
Posts 371
Lost and Broken
8 posted 2003-04-20 12:42 PM

This is such a sad, but beautiful poem. Trust is something that almost every relationship lacks today. I, myself, just lost a boyfriend because he could not handle the fact that I didn't trust him. You wrote this poem so well. The rhyming scheme is really good, and the beat is perfect. This entire poem is perfect in my opinion. Don't you dare change a thing! I think this may be one of my favorites. You definetly have my vote!

As I smile at everyone else, I'm dying inside... ~Me

[This message has been edited by SilentTears (04-20-2003 12:43 PM).]

A.L
since 2003-03-15
Posts 131

9 posted 2003-04-20 06:22 PM

Without trust, You have nothing and once you've lost that trust in him it takes everything in you to try and believe and trust ever again and still then, you will always have what he did to you in the back of your mind...
thank you for reading!

"Why do we fall in love when love will only tear us apart"

-Ali-

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Trust...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary