navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » The way I am...
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic The way I am... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A.L
since 2003-03-15
Posts 131

0 posted 2003-03-21 04:34 PM

When everyone around me is happy and the only frown I see is mine, When the world keeps turning without me, I seem to lose track of time, When everything seems different, and I feel I dont belong, There's no way I can fit back in, and trying would just be wrong...
I see my life as if I've already lived it, and I just wish that it would end, Because I'm tired of this cover up, I'm not happy, why should I pretend, Pretend that thing are going good, Pretend that I'm alright, Pretend to forget that I cry everyday and almost every night...
I won't let the world see me like this, cause I dont think that they'd understand, So they just see me how they want to, and they dont really know who I am, Sometimes I think its better this way, Better to keep it all inside, Better never to let anyone know about these secrets that I hide...
Because tucked away somewhere, deep down in my heart, Is a much happier person just waiting to break apart, Waiting for someone to come along, and take away all the pain, take me away from this secret world that I live in everyday...
Hidden underneath a broken heart is a person I can't find, Trapped beneath the surface of the thoughts that are in my mind, Why does it have to be like this, sometimes I just dont understand, But then I realize that theres nothing I can do, because its just the way that I am...

© Copyright 2003 Alison - All Rights Reserved
Albino_Jenn
since 2003-03-03
Posts 105
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2003-03-21 04:37 PM

I really liked this poem and I can relate in so many ways...I feel your pain and want you to know my heart goes out to you....you seem like a good person with a kind heart that needs to be heard!!!! Well done!!!
Jenn

**Hope is what Shields us from the harsh realities of life**

A.L
since 2003-03-15
Posts 131

2 posted 2003-03-21 04:39 PM

Thank you for reading...its helps to know I'm not the only one out there that feels like this sometimes...
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » The way I am...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary