navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » can't think of anything
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic can't think of anything Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada

0 posted 2006-12-04 12:27 PM

can anyone help me i haven't wrote a decent poem for so long, maybe cuz there is nothing happening to write about can anyone give me any ideas for poems...
much appreciated,
hunnie

© Copyright 2006 Krysti - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2006-12-04 02:22 AM

One of my favorite things, is inspired by something tangible...

Do you have a "junk drawer"? Go through it and write your memories of what you find.

OR

your closet...find a piece of clothing you wore that has a memory for you, if you like extra challenge? Personify it and write the memory from the point of view of say...um, your favorite pair of boots?

If you have perfume, choose a scent, and let it speak to you...or a book, or even furniture--a favored coffee cup or tea cup?

Or--and I've done this a few times--look directly over your computer monitor, if there is something hanging on the wall, let it tell you a story.

And if none of this appeals to you--try writing something where nothing is there--an empty bench at a bus stop--or a broken pay phone, the coil dangling...

Tell me a story.

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2006-12-04 12:16 PM

quote:
"Or--and I've done this a few times--look directly over your computer monitor,
if there is something hanging on the wall, let it tell you a story."

Ya' mean like this, Serenity~

/pip/Forum96/HTML/002625.html

Thankee gal~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -           noles1@totcon.com     

hunnie_girl
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
3 posted 2006-12-08 01:17 AM

Okaie here is mine
/pip/Forum96/HTML/002729.html

hunnie

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2006-12-08 06:34 PM

aw man...

where did it go?

I was looking forward to reading that! *pout*

hunnie_girl
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
5 posted 2006-12-10 09:10 PM

ahhhhhh, it is gone okaie here it really is now... /pip/Forum101/HTML/000426.html
hmmmm try that
hunnie

Walter Poe
since 1999-10-13
Posts 787

6 posted 2007-01-10 09:56 AM

What do i do when i can't write a good poem. Well first i write a bad one then look at it hate it so much it inspires me to vitriol and i write a good one in its place.

Try it, it works.

Once wrote a poem as part of a series i was writing at the time. I hadn't written anything for months and months and it was the first thing that occured to me to write.

Lets say it wasn't great. That doesn't bother me all that much if i don't want it to (ie the above method of overcoming stale poetry) but some lets say four star word of a poet replied and he was harsh. Ripped into the poem like i'd give his mother a kicking or something. No constructive just destructive. Well i wiped the poem from the page and replaced it with the most nasty hate filled poem aimed at well him.

It was great!! not the poem maybe but the freedom enjoying the poetry i was writting instead of just trying to be clever. My poetry itself improved overnight. I guess i owe that shallow, pointless poet, whose name i forget, thanks. Then again maybe not.

The point of the story

Enjoy what you write.

I am a small minded pompous egotistical 7 star word of a guy and i love it. Hopefully that comes out in my better poems.

Ha ha ha. (evil genious james bond laugh.)

So won't you sing me a rainbow Josie roll me a song
Just tonight make it right 'cause it's been wrong for oh so long

Walter Poe
since 1999-10-13
Posts 787

7 posted 2007-01-10 09:57 AM

By the way forgot to add if the poems i've read recently are your bad ones your good ones must be phenom.

So won't you sing me a rainbow Josie roll me a song
Just tonight make it right 'cause it's been wrong for oh so long

hunnie_girl
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
8 posted 2007-01-10 11:07 PM

thanks Walter I might just take your Idea use that four star poet cuz I know I got one haha. But i might do your challenge too although it seems pretty hard
hunnie

~fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » can't think of anything

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary