navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Come and have a go if you think your dark enough
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Come and have a go if you think your dark enough Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Walter Poe
since 1999-10-13
Posts 787

0 posted 2006-05-14 06:36 AM

Look i haven't been here for a while and anyone who maybe read a few of my poems in the past knows i have a thing for 'Dark poems' I just feel they are more deep. Well i looked at a few poems an that forum and to be honest the darkness is slipping a bit now i KNOW we can write V.V. dark poems if you really dredge down deep i'm going to post one now see what i can do any one out there thinks they can out do me please have a go give me something i can really feel in the cobwebbed depths of my twisted soul. any one who can write a dark poem well enough for me to put it in my library i will personally write a poem of any kind for.  (Warning my library contains 9 poems covering 6 years so it has to be good.) All poems must be in the Dark Forum and just drop poems name and post date as a reply here.

I went to the desert on a horse with no name, it felt good to get out of the rain.

© Copyright 2006 Paul Weatherstone - All Rights Reserved
Fabiani
since 2006-05-12
Posts 123
Mesa, Az
1 posted 2006-05-14 06:34 PM

/pip/Forum84/HTML/002330.html

i dont think this is a good poem by far but i tried ill right more for sure i dont feel good about this one

kif kif
since 2006-06-01
Posts 439
BCN
2 posted 2006-06-03 07:36 PM

hmmm. Hello Mr. Poe. What do you define as dark? I think a lot of my stuff's dark, but not in a goth sense...and before you *giggle, not in a 'I'm blind' way, either!

I'd say just go browsing, but this place is so huge, I can see why you've posted this.

Good luck, dark seeker.

Onelove-hahaha!

ps; I've just had to change to the word 'giggle' because the server will not allow me to say a word beginning with s, but the rest is a racist word! oh me oh my.

Walter Poe
since 1999-10-13
Posts 787

3 posted 2006-06-04 08:52 AM

Walters Definition of dark - Something that you dredge up from the dark bits of your soul. A dark poem is one that upon reading it makes you feel like you do waking from a nightmare you half remember scared and alone in a way you can't quite place your finger on. Maybe this is a little vague but the scope for darkness is vast from great epic quests to unconcious fears you can't realise.

I went to the desert on a horse with no name, it felt good to get out of the rain.

Alone in the dark
since 2006-02-10
Posts 105
On the edge of an abyss
4 posted 2006-08-02 04:43 AM

Hi Walter! I've got a poem that I posted on 4-22-06 that's called "Welcome to Hell". I'm not sure if it will be dark enough for you, but I can tell you that it was written during one of the darkest times of my life. Check it out, and let me know what you think.

^*^Angel^*^      

ILoveTheRain
since 2008-03-02
Posts 157
GA
5 posted 2008-06-30 11:23 PM

Mine is called Color-Filled Emotions in a different forum, so just search me and you will find it. Hopefully you will enjoy it
hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
6 posted 2008-07-01 10:50 PM

Paul??? no joke its really you?? I thought you had disappeared. you scared the(bad word) outta mee.... but man have i missed you.. I haven't wrote anything dark in sooo long i think I will give it a go...
Krysti

hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
7 posted 2008-07-01 11:33 PM

/pip/Forum84/HTML/003987.html

there we go see how bad i got:S LoL

Walter Poe
since 1999-10-13
Posts 787

8 posted 2008-07-03 03:25 AM

it wasn't me this is an old post. Sorry to scare i just been really busy with things and stuff for quite a while. just seems like one thing after another. since i last talked to you i've moved twice and about a hundred other things have been and gone along the way. My e-mails etc have been all but completely neglected.

Course i missed out chatting but my mind has a habit of jumping around and whenever i was gonna post you or even stick a poem on here i got distracted by something else.

How are you anyway - get back to me please. I'll make time.

To take a lot of pain,
take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud,
holds a lot of rain

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
9 posted 2008-11-19 04:30 AM

i haven't written anything in forever, and anything dark for even longer than that.

but i just posted a reply in another challenge on here that may suit your dark needs.

it's nothing special, it was off the cuff. just trying to use the line for the challenge.

but i hope it helps you get your dark fix.
/pip/Forum7/HTML/000753.html#6

The soul is oftentimes a battlefield where reason and judgement wage war on passion and appetite.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Come and have a go if you think your dark enough

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary