navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Vogon Poetry
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Vogon Poetry Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
dracula68
since 2008-09-07
Posts 30
Illinois

0 posted 2008-09-08 05:11 AM

The term "Vogon Poetry" comes from The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Now, when someone says they're going to write some Vogon poetry it means they're going to be intentionally bad and even PG crude (armpits and boogers etc.) "Ode To The Runny Putrid Green Mass I Found In My 8th Armpit One Humid Summer's Morn" is said to be a particularly apt example of the genre, but no one has gone past the second line and survived.

And yes, readers of the HG also know that the Vogons, an alien race, never realized how bad their poetry was. Which of course brings up the issue of whether someone can write an intentionally Vogon poem.

So is anyone else up for some Vogon poetry? Let's just get it out of our system, shall we?

I didst waken with the bright sun
and breathed in some air one rainy morning
to find that the fog of love didst
pull a curtain over the yellow field of my heart
For the other side of my bed was naked
where she, a woman, had made quite a
deep and lasting and final impression
an indentiture in the naked bedsprings
in the fog of my rainy heart
that sunny morning last night
when she, a woman, a most beautiful
profuse woman didst slather her way somewhere
into the bright yellow field of my heart
but I didst woke up today to find
she didst slather her way back out
and cry cry cry didst I
when I found the naked indentiture
where the slathering woman once didst lie

© Copyright 2008 Michael Pacholski - All Rights Reserved
Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA
1 posted 2008-09-08 09:41 AM

dracula68,
Interesting concept, however I believe you should post this in "Poetry Challange" under the Dicussion forum. Being new here
you can't be expected to know that in advance, but unless I miss my guess Balladeer will probably transfer it there anyway. Welcome to Passions.
Doc

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2008-09-08 11:18 PM

Right you are, Dr. This is that appropriate place. BTW, it looks like something made to order for you!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Vogon Poetry

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary