navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » For all Poet's and non-Poets alike
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic For all Poet's and non-Poets alike Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2000-02-13 01:34 PM

We are trying to stir up some more interest in the prose forum. My challenge to you is to write a prose and post it in the forum. It doesn't have to be amazing nor never ending. It is more to give you an idea of what it takes to write a prose and get some new blood into that forum. We have some very talented authors there and I want everyone to become aware of them.

If you do not feel comfortable writing prose then come and stop by and see us. Read alittle and tell us what you think. I would also like to encourage all of you to post prose challenges. If there is a specific topic you would like to see written on, let us know and I am sure one or two of our authors could come up with something.

Have a great day and write on my friends!!

© Copyright 2000 Marilyn - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2000-02-13 03:04 PM

WRITE ON!!   errr   RIGHT ON!!!

Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
2 posted 2000-02-15 06:43 PM

Yes, WRITE ON!  It'd be great to see some new blood in prose and Poet deVine has posted a great piece!  Definetly worth checking out along with the other up and coming authors hanging around there!  

Come on down and check it out and give a prose piece a shot!

[This message has been edited by Dusk Treader (edited 02-15-2000).]

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2000-02-15 06:52 PM

I have to confess, the few times I wrote prose, I was terrified! I consider myself a poet...so it was a departure for me. I plan to set aside some time to go to the Prose Forum and read and respond to the writers.. and I'll try another story too... if anyone wants encouragement, please let me know.. we can hold hands as we walk into the Prose Realm!  

christies heart
since 1999-08-10
Posts 189
NJ, USA
4 posted 2000-02-19 05:16 AM

Okay..I will try.  

Grant that I may not judge my niegbor until I have walked a mile in his moccasians

Native American prayer

Mike
Member Elite
since 1999-06-19
Posts 2462

5 posted 2000-02-20 10:07 PM

Done.  And now you will know why I stick to poetry.
Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
6 posted 2000-02-27 12:46 PM

Okay, I tried it. I posted my first attempt at prose. It wasn't scary, but my prose sounds very elementary, kind of like my poetry. So if I can do it, anybody can.
I hated to post after reading the other writers, but I guess you have to start somewhere
Thanks, Marilyn, for the challenge
Liz

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » For all Poet's and non-Poets alike

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary