navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Monday's View
Open Poetry #20
Post A Reply Post New Topic Monday's View Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alicia
since 2002-03-22
Posts 279

0 posted 2002-05-27 04:14 PM

How appropriately small and shaded
is the sweet green satin hiding sun
and the sex red share of the two
creeping in the shadows of a peek
while I dance the winter shakes from every pore
and spin the edge of silence in a song
on a twist of branches braving what’s to come.
How small, and secret yes
how ever soft a leaf to skin - a stroke of strength in day
a peek, oh me, what do I see, but more of a battle won.

[This message has been edited by Alicia (05-27-2002 09:51 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Alicia - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2002-05-27 05:04 PM

(big hugggsssssss) Oh Alicia, this is wonderful and powerful writing, sweet friend, I just love your use of imagery you associate with your clarity in words! (sigh) This is excellent, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Alicia, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Cloudishness
since 2002-05-27
Posts 15

2 posted 2002-05-27 06:25 PM

Mmmmmmm.. This is just magical. What a pleasure to read.

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
3 posted 2002-05-27 06:30 PM

Alicia
A very nice write, enjoyed

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
4 posted 2002-05-27 09:52 PM

Hi Alicia, I like this lots. Seems a little more cheerful than the average poem, too
Sandra

Elizabeth Cor
since 2000-10-13
Posts 879
Over the river and through the woods
5 posted 2002-05-27 10:07 PM

here just to say again, how overwhelmingly glad I am to see you in this place... and again:

"the sex red share"

The layers and layers of that line, how it MAKES the color... Damn!

Perfect.

Tracey
Member Elite
since 2001-08-29
Posts 2808
where insanity meets breeding
6 posted 2002-05-27 10:48 PM

I do like the way you have of stringing words and thoughts together Alicia. Keep winning those battles.

Everything is possible in the game of life
    (Simple Minds-Promised You a Miracle)

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

7 posted 2002-05-27 11:39 PM

This is different from you...and hey, btw, pleased to read you and thrilled to see yer gorgeous face! But I loved the construct of this...the subtle rhythm and the use of assonance instead of resorting to "the convenient rhyme..." the mixing of meter (or izzat just the way I read?) and along with the content, the sheer imagery that is somehow delicately powerful...yep...that describes you...delicately powerful...

Was it Mingus that said, "mighty like a rose"?

Applause, m'friend...

(um, came back to add, just checked, and got Elvis Costello as the reference, but I suspect that's not what I was thinking of...sigh...forgive my lack of brain cells)

[This message has been edited by serenity (05-27-2002 11:43 PM).]

Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida
8 posted 2002-05-28 12:46 PM

You know, I just love this - I got *so* much from it, so much feeling out of it...sigh, like a purpose.  What that might be, I dunno - I'm the poetic tard in this household.  You and Ms. M are inspiring in the way you two write.  I look and think - 'ah, to be like them!' So, I had to let you know that I love this, heh, I don't know why, but I do.  
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
9 posted 2002-05-28 04:29 AM

love seeing you here... love reading your words and making my own interpretations fromt hem. love the way you kick my brain into gear.

hugs you

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
10 posted 2002-05-28 04:27 PM

"but more of a battle won"

yes, every day. . . more and more. . .

you know, I find that I run out of words when I think about what to say about your work. . . it just has so many layers and thoughts and feelings around it. . . words. . . just don't do it justice. . . but, suffice it to say. . . the words that you use. . . speak. . .

peace. . .

----------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Cirrus
since 2002-05-12
Posts 55

11 posted 2002-05-28 05:35 PM

Now this is ART.... I see the design and I hear the sounds. If I could only sneak one branch of your creativity, A.

Excellent!

M

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...
12 posted 2002-05-29 06:30 AM

Love your words, you always manage to make me think, and feel. Both of which are good things!

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets.  ~Arthur Miller

Alicia
since 2002-03-22
Posts 279

13 posted 2002-05-30 10:25 AM

~Morning poets,...sneaking in to express my thanks to:

-Noah, for your kind words and reading, thank you.

-Cloudishness, welcome aboard! and thank you for reading and for your special reply.

-Seymour Tabin, thank you for letting me know you enjoyed and for reading, really.

-Sandra, the cheer detected is indeed present, thank you for reading me, and for putting up with me too. Hug you.

-M?, the color and how that feels, so glad you get, and that you were here to see this. And god, thank you for that e with all the activity and sharing,...sort of skipped away from the desk swinging my arms after reading. Ha! Hugs and smiles.

-Tracey, thank you for reading me yet again, and for saying such things, and I'll certainly keep trying.

-K?, golly I just love what you wrote, lol, you were reading it just fine, fact, just the way I was reading it,...wasn't sure if others would that way, so cool! And just, thank you!

-Now Nicole, that you read, sigh, thank you, what you've said?,...oh, oh. - And know, please, that from the time I started here at this little place, you've been a 'must' read for me, so thank you for what you've said. Enormously.

-And Chris, so glad to hear that people still don't mind seeing me here, and that what you read of me makes you think and interpret even if what you come up with is completely different than my own idea, that's what makes writing and sharing these little things so neat. Thanks. Hug C.

-Sven, glad to have you reading me as well, and thank you for what you've said here, and next time feel free to leave an 'I was here', that'll please me smiling.

-Cirrus?,...ah, took me a minute you know,...so glad you're here! Gosh, thank you, thank you oh.

-Eddie, thanks for finding me here, and for feeling and thinking,...means much you know.

*Peace, you folks are awfully special. .

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Monday's View

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary