navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Kissing Your Love Goodbye
Open Poetry #20
Post A Reply Post New Topic Kissing Your Love Goodbye Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2002-05-20 04:53 PM

Kissing Your
Love Goodbye

Truly no one waves a magic wand and makes all your problems go away when you are in love.

You will find that circumstance and situation may drive you apart but hopefully they will bring you closer together when you are in love.

The future of love will be determined not only by your willingness to pursue love but also by the willingness of your significant other who may or may not be in love.

Yes it will not take you long to discover that it takes two to develop a relationship based on love and understanding and if either one wants no part of this thing called love you can kiss your love goodbye.

JamesLee
May20

I am not kissing my love goodbye.
Just thinking of how important it
is for two hearts to share the same
desires for the success or failure
of love.

[This message has been edited by JamesMichael (05-20-2002 05:06 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
1 posted 2002-05-20 04:56 PM

Real good soilid and true advice James.......A great reminder to us all!
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2002-05-20 04:58 PM

(big hugggsssssss) Oh James, this is so very true, sweet friend, it is a very hard thing to do indeed to say goodbye but I am always admired by those who follow their hearts and if they feel unhappy having the courage to kiss goodbye like that! (sigh) I hope this never happens to you again and true love always fills your heart, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet James, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

J
since 2002-05-19
Posts 9
UK
3 posted 2002-05-20 06:52 PM

hey there...

this is a really nice peice, full of understanding and hope and strength, it's wonderful to see words like this, not saying the same usual "I'll die if you go" or "i'll live somehow" it's this acceptance i think that you put across, that you'll let them go too....
one thing, If i may say which i dont like is that this seems to read like greeting card phrases, and in my view takes away from a pretty poem, i suppose a few nips and tucks and it would read more poetic like....
anyways take it easy, it's only a suggestion....
keep well
J

J
since 2002-05-19
Posts 9
UK
4 posted 2002-05-20 06:52 PM

hey there...

this is a really nice peice, full of understanding and hope and strength, it's wonderful to see words like this, not saying the same usual "I'll die if you go" or "i'll live somehow" it's this acceptance i think that you put across, that you'll let them go too....
one thing, If i may say which i dont like is that this seems to read like greeting card phrases, and in my view takes away from a pretty poem, i suppose a few nips and tucks and it would read more poetic like....
anyways take it easy, it's only a suggestion....
keep well
J

"so take this thing, make it sparkle and glow
it's much greater than we may ever know"- C/R Macdonald- Runrig
taken from 'The Stamping Ground'

ecrivan
Member Elite
since 2001-12-10
Posts 3923
my own state
5 posted 2002-05-20 07:46 PM

nice long sentences, and a reminder of the 50/50 deal in life or the give and take, take care!

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
6 posted 2002-05-20 07:57 PM

Sometimes goodbye is all thats left tho...and then you can start fresh.
Saunni
since 2000-07-11
Posts 1777
West Virginia
7 posted 2002-05-21 11:08 PM

James Michael, so true to all you say. What a wise heart you have and a beautiful one at that. Great write!

Sauni:)The Only Time I See The Sun Is When I'm Within That Vanilla Breeze.The Only Time I'm One With The Sun Is When He Shelters Me From The Rain. L.S

EternitysHorizon
since 2002-05-03
Posts 145
Twilight's Orchestra
8 posted 2002-05-21 11:11 PM

Comittment you speak of
too often lacking in fear
the only way to find
what we all desire

Well said

Eternity

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Kissing Your Love Goodbye

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary