navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #25 » Mirror Image
Open Poetry #25
Post A Reply Post New Topic Mirror Image Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Gina Culliney
since 2003-03-08
Posts 170

0 posted 2003-04-13 06:45 PM

Mirror Image
I have heard it said, from wise-men who should know.
Sometimes we are blessed or cursed with a mirror image to our soul.

Our paths have crossed in more than one way.  
Darkness gathers as we try to hold each other at bay.

You lost your best friend, most probable in a suicide.  I lost mine too, through jealousy and lies.

Everyone that surrounds you, wants you for a night to ride.  But, they don't understand it.  You could have them all, but they will never get inside.

You've been to hades and back and you're a real bad one to be around.

Well, here's one up on you.  My heart is as cold as the ice on the ground.

In times of trouble or duress, you often turn to the drink.  I've learned my own limit of weakness.  So instead, I turn inward to reflect and to think.

You've been scarred and you've been scared.  I've been locked inside a dark closet with no one who even dared to care.

I've been beaten down by other's so often, that I refuse to be battered or bruised anymore.  So, I've decided to barathrum with all of them, as onward and upward I soar.

But, instead, you've chosen to reach out and you've caught yourself a beautiful butterfly.  Be careful, my friend. If you hold it too tight, it will only wither and die.

You're like the flame that draws the moths.  I'm like a wolf that is ravenous, tearing into all flesh that is too soft.

But, beware of the flickering flame.  Be aware of those for whom you carry your guilt and your shame.

There is such greatness inside of you.  There is the danger that lurkes and hides.  You know to you, I will speak only the truth, and to you, my mirrored image, I would never lie.

My heart is like the bitter ice.  Such ice is cold and holds nothing worth risking or taking at the cost.

I've surrounded myself with beauty of words and bitter Edgar Allen Poe.  You love Annabelle Lee and I love the pious raven, who quotes the impeccable never more, eleqantly, like so.

I feign insanity, to let anyone else in.  My world was a quiet sanctuary, filled with my passions, quilt, and evil sins.

So quietly...
ever so quietly...
You knew what my lying heart has always known.

There is a dark, dark, mirrored image to every writer's scarred and withered black soul.

Just a little note here:  I first posted this piece on the mature site due to some colorful use of language.  Sometimes in writing the wrong words are just the right words to use.  So I presented it nicely and reposted it again.  I deeply apologize to my mirrored image for striping and exposing you once more.  Hope you don't catch cold!  

© Copyright 2003 Gina Culliney - All Rights Reserved
Brad Majors
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-04-03
Posts 2647
Georgia
1 posted 2003-04-14 03:14 PM

nicely penned!
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2003-04-14 03:37 PM

Intense! Stripped down, it is still intense.
Does it take the wind out of you to write like this? WHEW!

Jason Lyle
since 2003-02-07
Posts 1438
With my darkling
3 posted 2003-04-14 06:38 PM

Agian, I love this.Thank you, I just realized you left yourself as naked as you left me Very nice and scary insightful Gina, thank you for the write.
Jason

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
4 posted 2003-04-15 02:48 AM

wow!
Gina Culliney
since 2003-03-08
Posts 170

5 posted 2003-04-16 10:03 PM

thank you for the honesty, and yes, it leaves
me alittle winded after pieces like this midnitesun and alittle drained.  I'm finding the more you put into your writing the more it takes out of you.

Gina Culliney
since 2003-03-08
Posts 170

6 posted 2003-04-16 10:08 PM

Jason your welcome again.  A little baring of
the souls now and then is good for both of us I think.  Glad you could appreciate it!

Gina Culliney
since 2003-03-08
Posts 170

7 posted 2003-04-16 10:10 PM

Brad, thank you.
Gina Culliney
since 2003-03-08
Posts 170

8 posted 2003-04-16 10:12 PM

passing shadows, thanks.  
carol
since 2003-01-25
Posts 624
Florida USA
9 posted 2003-04-17 09:09 PM

Very good poem

Real friends celebrate in who we are and have faith in all that we can become
Lots of Love
Rita

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
10 posted 2003-04-18 08:52 AM

Gina, you certaily do have a way with
words, and I love it.  
Hugs,
Ethel

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #25 » Mirror Image

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary