navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #25 » His View? Stunning!
Open Poetry #25
Post A Reply Post New Topic His View? Stunning! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California

0 posted 2003-03-31 11:30 AM

Does it take a world war
To get our attention
Fix minds and knees
In proper position.

In arid arrogance
And deaf defiance
Personal goals
Mere self-reliance.

Wants and needs
Reasons for living
Seem to exceed
Respect
    and thanksgiving.

A ~prayer~ like a sneeze
As if a common cold
Eager to be rid of
Disbursed, has no hold.

Watery eyes, hymns of
Never, "I need You"
Smeared away with
Steel hard tissue.

From life's purse
Blot faces of stone
Ever onward,
Statues of lone.

Single-minded,
Pleasure, no pain
Lose us, don't find us
We feel no self-shame.

Take all we desire
No matter our age
We ourselves, gods
The world is ~our~ stage.

Striving to be Atlas
In the wrong war
With the wrong people
Ever, the whores.

Slap our shiny faces
What do we need more
To get our attention
A third world war?

..without surrender, be on good terms with all persons..
        "Desiderata"

[This message has been edited by regards2you (03-31-2003 11:33 AM).]

© Copyright 2003 Patricia L.Thompson - All Rights Reserved
Brad Majors
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-04-03
Posts 2647
Georgia
1 posted 2003-03-31 11:40 AM

Deep thoughts here
regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
2 posted 2003-03-31 11:50 AM

Brad,

Yes, sir, they really, really are!

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply, I didn't think anyone would.

For, this slaps me in the face; things I personally don't want to consider, loving person that I am, smiling here, it is a point of wonderment...what does ~He~ think, of the world of us?
What does ~He~ want, and always did?
And, I am still thinking!

Again, thank you for responding,

Hugs, Pat  

"Desiderata"

[This message has been edited by regards2you (03-31-2003 11:52 AM).]

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
3 posted 2003-03-31 03:51 PM

Pat,
this almost made me laugh.. but in a sad way. It is ironic, isn't it?
You've described 'independance', spiritualism, and even some existentialism. People all say God isn't good because of the bad things, but they don't ~see~ him unless something bad opens their eyes. Maybe if we'd keep our eyes on him a bit more then things wouldn't spiral 'till judgement day.
Longwinded today, sorry! I believe I understand what you mean.. at least I've got my own good definition of it. Well done.
Always, Alyssa

- And so it was that time stood still -
     (blink, breathe, stand, fight)

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
4 posted 2003-03-31 08:13 PM

Alyssa,

I understand your almost laughing.
This is not what I intended initially.
I started to write a poem abt. sending one's only son, off to war, to save others,  and comparing it with how God felt/feels sending His only begotton Son to save others.

Unfortunately, lines kept rhyming unintentionally, and rhyming is not my forte, but, had to go back into poem to adjust rhymes and meanings to make them fit  and somehow ended up with this.

It makes me smile too and am surprised got two responses. Well, knew you would (grins).....And, I give Brad a lot of credit. He's a brave soul.

I think what I described unwittingly is the fact that ~no one~, none of us are good. That is ego-busting to the extreme, and few can admit it. Thus, no replies, me thinks. To keep this short, there is only One who is good.

Thanks for the well done. It takes one to know one. You astonish me, being as young as you are.

Hugs and love, Pat

"Desiderata"

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
5 posted 2003-04-01 11:10 AM

come on, you must place some faith in us humanity...we aren't as superficial and shallow as you make out to be

in my three years here, i think it's easier to receive responses when you swoon about love or despair about love lost since people instantly know how to respond...not so easy though when you write about "harder", more intellectual topics

there are advertisements run by some christian groups in my country...for instance, they will run an ad in Readers' Digest in which the whole page is black, save for three white lines:

What do I have to do to get your attention?
Run an ad in Readers' Digest

God

there are other thought-provoking ones like

Missed the sunrise today again?
It's okay, I'll make another one tomorrow

God

i bump this up and see whether your theory is right? *grins*

[This message has been edited by kaile (04-01-2003 11:12 AM).]

kaile
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
6 posted 2003-04-01 11:11 AM

i have to ask: why shiny faces? i would think smug or other such words..shiny seems to justify our arrogance for this reader
Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
7 posted 2003-04-01 11:24 AM

Pat,
Allot to think about, enjoyed.

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
8 posted 2003-04-01 11:25 AM

Kaile,

Would enjoy going more indepth right now, however, PG & E, our electric and gas service is  interrupting out serv. from 9AM - 3:30 PM, weather permitting to allow them repair work at main facility...soooooo, am trying to get everythg. done before and have little time to reply.

The no one is good, not even one, is from the bible....wish I had more time.

Why not shiny faces, for we all feel we are decent, loving, caring.....and I agree, we are....as much as is humanly possible...given the "ego"...

Guess the key word is humanly...gotta go...thank you for your input..

Hugs,  Pat

"Desiderata"

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
9 posted 2003-04-01 11:35 AM

Sy,

Thanks for reading and your reply.
I appreciate your time.

I agree. Lots to think about.

Amazing how life runs on electricity...I've many more thgs. to do with 25 minutes left.

Hugs, Pat  

"Desiderata"

[This message has been edited by regards2you (04-02-2003 09:34 AM).]

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
10 posted 2003-04-01 11:52 AM

You have voiced the fears of millions of us around the world. I pray that we are not on the brink of something cataclysmic for humanity!

Stark and truthful writing...

Peace, Love & Light,
Linda

kaile
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
11 posted 2003-04-01 11:57 AM

because your intent is to remind us that despite our fronts, we aren't as decent or loving or caring as we make ourselves out to be..."shiny" just now seemed to me to be some sort of certification, something to be taken for fact...

but of course appearances can be deceiving...

the more i think about it, the more i concede you're right...i will be more than happy to admit that i'm not good enough but i won't admit i'm not good..in fact i will protest loudly that decency is my middle name

and don't bother replying to me...have a grand day ahead!

[This message has been edited by kaile (04-01-2003 11:57 AM).]

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
12 posted 2003-04-01 12:21 PM

I think I'm often thought of as an atheist for my writing and talk against religion and sometimes even god. But its not an attack on god itself, I believe in something i'm on a journey to find what and why, my anger is geared towards humans and their fictions. We are a scattered species and religion for me has always been just another one of those divisions. That said I still respect those who can believe and do find solace in religion, but only those true to their convictions. One day a week armchair evangelists make me sick it's all or nothing in spirituality and there are few who give all.

did mention great write?

[This message has been edited by Aenimal (04-01-2003 12:21 PM).]

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
13 posted 2003-04-01 04:33 PM

Pat - this is amazing - but I do believe that too many people focus on the fact that GOD doesnt always do these things - thata lot of the worlds problems are simply self inflicted - I mean - we all have our lessons to learn and not all of them are handed down from above - it is from above that we look to often to fix our wounds when all along we should have been fixing them ourselves.   Provoking thread here - nice job . . .  xxoo
regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
14 posted 2003-04-01 08:13 PM

Linda,

Thanks for responding. Probably is the fear of millions. I personally don't feel it, but, am sad my children and grandchildren haven't found what I have...yet, but who can really know that, it is such a personal, spiritual, mental and emotional experience.  As said, this isn't what I had intended to write and technically it is open to anyone's interpretation.

Kaile,

I think you magnificent! Love your poetry, your sensitivity and growth.
But, I do not have faith in humanity, as a whole!

I am not as decent or caring or loving as I make myself out to be. Can only speak for myself, and in spite of considerable spiritual, mental, emotional (physical, too, tsk!) growth, my motives sometimes have motives...

Raph,

Having been atheist myself I can relate to what you are saying. I ~should~ want to evangelize and try to convert everyone who crosses my path...that is my job and yet I've no desire to do such, I thought because I remember when if anyone said Jesus to me in the FAR past I could have vomitted on the spot...He, a fairy tale to me, for sure....However, could just be all the sheep are in, and we are close to the end.....so therefore need to evangelize unnecessary, for when that happens it will be too late.....but for anyone frightened there is always genuine prayer, and I'd like to  believe that person would be answered, as was I... I feel blessed in that no one'attitude toward religion angers me...to each his own....thanks for taking your time to read and to reply. (PS, I used to be angered when someone tried to tell me how I should believe, many years ago)
that was then and this is now....You are right we all are on a journey for the what and why...may you find peace of mind if you don't have it...and, thank you Raph, for the great write.

Sue,

Appreciate your opinion. Again, this is open to interpretation and I wouldn't argue with anyone regarding it. Thank you for your time and ideas. Very aprreciated.

Hugs and love to you all, Pat

"Desiderata"

bbent
since 2001-01-07
Posts 521
Alaska
15 posted 2003-04-02 05:44 AM

great write...seems to me no matter what religion or side of the fence one stands on theres plenty to be learned here.

Live like it's your last day...
Dance like nobody's watching...
Love like you've never been hurt...

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
16 posted 2003-04-02 09:31 AM

B.Bent,

Sorry cannot remember your first name. Thank you for taking your time to read and reply. You are soooo very right, there is plenty to be learned here.

I think there is lots to be learned in this  thread, and I sit here with shiny, smiling face considering:

Brad Majors, Raph, BBent and Pat,

all came together in mutual respect with not one negative word. To me, that is a "thank you, God" for putting these people in my life that I might learn and grow more.

And, I thank all of you. Your opinions important and interesting.

Hugs, Pat

"Desiderata"

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
17 posted 2003-05-31 01:58 PM

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
18 posted 2003-06-26 05:35 PM

Pat~
'A ~prayer~ like a sneeze'

I've sneezed all day for you~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
   noles1@totcon.com   

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #25 » His View? Stunning!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary