navwin » Discussion » The Alley » I...can't...read...your...MIND!!!
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic I...can't...read...your...MIND!!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Android 17
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg

0 posted 2002-02-17 03:22 AM

*sigh* I'm new in this particular forum...but what the hey, eh? Better to start big then to not start at all...

Well, I've told my best friend---that I think I'm in love with her. Now, the thing is...she didn't give much of a reply and bolted. Now that, in my eyes, sorta left me hanging. Teasing and leaving me to burn isn't quite my thing. It's not that I'm mad at her...it's just---a responce woulda been nice. Sure, she had to go...and I'm probably making a moutain out of nothing---but still. I have a right to be concerned...it's possibly my heart on the line here...

And the thing that's the big killer---is I'm not sure where our friendship is going to do from here. Like, we can't possibly do anything about it...but still---losing her as a friend would suck royally. (That's an understatment...) *sigh* I'm worried...and I'm not sure of what...and that's what's killing me...

Others are too in love with the sound of their own voice to speak the truth...

© Copyright 2002 Alex-lee Hryhorczuk - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2002-02-17 04:58 AM

just my not-so-humble opinion... but 1) if it's true, the friendship will last. period, fullstop. friends are friends are friends, and accept the good with the bad, the desired with the unwanted. 2) unless there's a part you haven't mentioned in this... i don't see any teasing - i don't know if she had other reasons for leaving... but perhaps she needed to process the new input, eh? 3) your heart's not on the line. no offense, but trust me, pain heals, and the heart's large enough for more than one person.

C

Bec
since 2001-02-23
Posts 475
Canberra
2 posted 2002-02-17 05:45 AM

Android 17... I once dated my best friend. In hindsight, if I could do it over again, I probably wouldn't have dated him. But we had fun, and we stayed best friends, even after we broke up and both started seeing other people. It might be awkward for her for a while, she might not know what to say or do. My current boyfriend was actually a friend before I started seeing him, and we've been together for four and a half years! She might feel the same way, and doesn't know how to tell you! Give her a little time, maybe a mutual, and very TRUSTED friend could sus things out for you, or write her a letter if you don't feel you can talk to her face to face about it. Best of luck, it will all be fine, I'm sure!

Bec

"Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you."
-Winnie-the-Pooh

Android 17
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
3 posted 2002-02-17 05:56 AM

But of course I'm not going to tell you EVERYTHING!!! And you have no idea of my past---so you can't calculate what this is all about in my POV either.

Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
4 posted 2002-02-17 07:36 AM

Why 'of course'?  
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
5 posted 2002-02-17 06:01 PM

My opinion is you should not have done that!!!If my best guy friend told me that I would probably back off and not talk to him as much. Girls do get uncomfortable specially when someone really close to them does that. Good Luck!!!

~ShAtTeReD mEmOrIeS,
aRe AlL i HaVe LeFt,
Of YoU aNd Me.~

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
6 posted 2002-02-17 07:57 PM

And it seems really odd how we as Westerners build relationships. We can grow to be friends, and that's well and good so long as we voice no deeper emotional commitments. Instead, we fall in love, which always struck me as an accident. When I fall, things fall apart. So I don't. I nurture friendships, and grow to love, instead of the way it usually goes: fall in love, grow to friendship.

Just my two pennies.

rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA
7 posted 2002-02-17 08:03 PM

Well, my viewpoint is completely oppisite of Erin's... lol.

I'm always all for honesty.  If you would have said nothing, it would have ended badly. It would have affected your friendship.  There is no way it couldn't have.  I have been in a simular situation, where someone told me that for most of our friendship he has been in love with me.  Yes, it is akward.  And I didn't really know what to say, but the truth.  I did bolt at first.  I ran.  I didn't know what to say or what to think.  After I got my thoughts organized the best I could, I went back. I explained my situation, and my feelings.  We still do talk, not as much though.  That is the price you have to pay.  If you love her the feelings will grow, and that can be hard on a friendship.

My advice is hang in there.  She is probably gathering her thoughts, assessing her her feelings.  It might not end you want, but I think you made the right choice by being honest with her.

Tara

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
8 posted 2002-02-17 10:56 PM

Tara~
I dont know why but Im shy when it comes to telling people how I feel. Thats why I wrote what I did cause I wouldnt have the nerve to tell someone how I felt. I keep everything inside where no one could get it out.

~ShAtTeReD mEmOrIeS,
aRe AlL i HaVe LeFt,
Of YoU aNd Me.~

rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA
9 posted 2002-02-18 01:25 PM

Erin,

I used to be that way. I found out the hard way that isn't a good thing.  To many feelings bottled up with no where to go HAVE to come out somewhere.  With me, they did.  And not in a good way. Luckily I'm still to talk about it
      I'm 27 now, and the older I get, the easy it is to just speak my mind and hold nothing back.  Now granted, it isn't always easy, and sometimes it just plain sucks.  But I've seen the alternative, and what it does, at least to me personally.
      Ok I'm done rambling now...lol.

Tara

"My heart is like an open book, for the whole world to read"
     - Motley Crue, Home Sweet Home

Android 17
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
10 posted 2002-02-18 04:06 PM

True...all of you are true---but I can't stand the thought of losing her...in any way---shape...or form...

Android 17
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
11 posted 2002-02-21 12:55 PM

This whole topic is WAY to confusing for humans to comprehend or try to make sense out of. I find myself contradicting myself with thoughts and feelings...but saying other things. It's very strange...

Android 18
since 2002-02-20
Posts 61
Austrailia (My DreamLand)
12 posted 2002-03-12 07:32 PM

Alex Dear...
I know what you've been through makes this situation 10x worse. You know what happened when you didn't say anything about your feelings, but that was her fault too... we didn't know she could be like that. All I can say is wait, be patient, don't rush things. Talk when she approaches you, be friendly, unfortunatly you have to be patient. You're a trained sniper, you know what I mean.

Anyways, you know I'll be there for a shoulder to lean on and a ear to listen to.

~*~Serena~*~

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
13 posted 2002-03-16 04:02 PM

You can do it dude, just have faith. I think, whether the outcome is bad or good, you have to talk to her....
Good luck man.

Android 17
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
14 posted 2002-03-29 09:04 PM

*looks up at Dope and Serena*
Thanks you guys! Especially you Dope---it's nice seeing you here! Lol

And you're right Serena...I'm a trained sniper! Waiting is my job!!!

*smiles* Thanks you all!

Oh, and Serena...thanks for being there for me---y'know...in the movie theatre...

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
15 posted 2005-05-23 05:15 AM

yeah, i know, ressurecting something that i should never begin to dig up...but this made me smile, and i guess, in my world of too many commas and not enough nostalga, THIS is nice

fall quietly...

Michelle_loves_Mike
since 2003-12-20
Posts 1189
Pennsylvania
16 posted 2005-05-23 07:54 AM

Maybe give her a little time to digest it all, thats alot to put into place dude. Then,let her know you don't want to lose her, that can mean the world.

If my best guy friend told me he was IN love with me, I'd flake till I had time to weigh all the pros/cons that come with it.

LOL, not that I have to worry bout that, we love each other in a way only martians and old Greek Gods can dig.

Best wishes, and , in all fairness,,,I guess it's a good thing you told her,,,,a real friend will help work thru what ever outcome arises, and wouldn't have wanted you to keep it all bottled up.

If home is where the heart is,,,,,I guess the corner bar is where the mind wanders off to

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » I...can't...read...your...MIND!!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary