navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Opening for Feedback and Venting...
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Opening for Feedback and Venting... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

0 posted 2005-05-06 10:40 AM

Megan & Amber’s Wait

Hurly-burly…packed with emotion
Devouring me with your gaze
Bitter, revealing lesser glows, a melee of rage
It is then, supernatural vanishes
Into, emptiness of some junkie night
Eyes fixed upon the unknown
Getting your fix for the flight
Picking your teeth with hipbones
Between the breasts of young girls
Screams your anguish, incapable of death
Faces without names, void of threat
A sway to the rhythm of war & remorse
Obsessed with opinion, through distorted mirrors
Shards of broken glass echoes
Dances with the moon, when it thinks your not looking
Sun setting on shadows of yesterdays, playfully mocking
Those little one’s you’ve effected for life
Knocking them out cold with molestation
To find your name and address on Megan’s website
Somewhere a rosary bleeds the person's name
That you illegitimately battered with emotional violence
It is you, hacking through the laws
Did you ever think for one moment?
Maybe through an eternity, it’s your face juveniles may grate
In the meantime, those scars you handed out, will equate and
Be your own emotional bully
That’s right, you, you, who drewls after our young children
Trying to bring awareness to society...

No one knows the shame, the scars a child feels or the blame they are conditioned into believing…for life

One child scared is one to many…it’s time we all think of every abused child as our own…and protect them...

Educate yourself, look in Megan's website, learn who the abuser's are living in your area, near your schools...

A child abuser is a menace to society...when are we going to make a difference?

Scream for tougher, hard core law enforcement...Demand by
Writing your congressman, no hounding them, don’t be afraid to demand, these child offenders be dealt with appropriately.

Why do most of us turn our heads in disbelief?  Afraid to face the preditors which stalk our children?

Perhaps all the Megan's and Jessica's will sleep peacefully, knowing their loss accounted for something.

Ya know, I've oft heard the question asked, why didn't all those Jews fight back....stand up for they're lives...why did they allow themselves to die?

Well, I could ask the same question of this country, why is it allowing laws to come undone?  Why aren't people screaming bloody murder for the lives of our children?

© Copyright 2005 Lee J. - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2005-05-06 01:09 PM

First of all, I'd really like that web-site, please, as I want to see exactly what you're speaking of!

Secondly, I just don't know what's keeping many issues regarding children silent. It sounds too monotonous to me to say apathy, and besides that they truly are many compassionate and concerned parents out there.

I suppose there just isn't any backdrop. These concerns are spoken just like how Helen Lovejoy on The Simpsons says, "Will someone please think of the children?" but nothing ends up happening because she's often found speaking up her own sleeve.

It is very saddening, and child abuse is one of the most saddening issues we continue to have to deal with on and on. I pray for every child that he or she will never be subject to this awful crime.

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
2 posted 2005-05-06 01:16 PM

Megan's Law and soon Amber's deal with sexual predators/offenders of young children.  Megan's is under 16 (I think), and Amber's will lower that to 12 with a minimum sentence of 25-Life, as opposed to the prior maximum sentence of 30.  Megan's would also require registered sex offenders to wear gps tracking devices, and I guess they would be a lot harder to remove than what has happened in Florida over the weekend and early week, where several men cut off their tracking bracelets and fled.  As far as I know, of the 3, one has been apprehended.
timothysangel1973
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 2001-12-03
Posts 1725
Never close enough
3 posted 2005-05-06 01:29 PM

We can't scream TOO loud for the rights and protection of our children.  I know two children in my family that were victoms of sibling sexual assault and I have learned a lot about our laws here in SC since then.  Our state is just as tough on juvenile offenders as it is on adults and I say YES !!  Being under the age of 16 but over the age of 12 means that you DO know right from wrong and sexual crime is WRONG no matter why you done it, experimenting, coming of age etc, etc.

In our state at 16 you can be charged as an adult if you are arrested for a sexual offense and the state will put you in Juvenile Hall until your 18th birthday, and then you will go to prison until you are 25.  I agree totally for this law and will lobby with whomever I have to in order to keep it the way it is.

I check the Sex Offender Registry atleast once a month and check my area, as well as my surrounding area for registered sex offenders.  However, how many are there that have not been caught.  That is what really scares me.

Just this past week our local Sheriff's Office started a Sex Offender Task Force and they have been canvasing the neighborhoods and cities and going door to door to make SURE that these registered sex offenders have put down the right address and are where they say they are.  I say KUDOS to our law enforcement.  I have read some of the feedback in the local papers about how some of these offenders think that being singled out and kept an eye on is unfair, and how they have done there time and should no longer be punished by society.

Hogwash I say.  Why?

These kids that they molested and sexually abused don't suffer for 5, 10 or 15 years, they suffer for LIFE.  If you can't see that, then AMERICA truly is blind.

Once you cross over the line and you do something like this to a child you are no longer a part of NORMAL society.  You have set yourself apart from that and you will never have the life that you had before as a citizen that doesn't get stared at, ran out of town, or registered.

That was a choice that the attacker made... not the victim.

God Bless these little children, and may they find peace someday.

Tima

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

4 posted 2005-05-06 02:34 PM

thank you for your replys, I am overly passionate about this, b/c I was a child victim...and was afraid to admit that until here of late...and that is why I say, not out of anger, but fear...castrate these prediters, b/c I have met victims who are much worse off then I am...whose scars won't heal...you have no idea, the pain, nightmares, guilt...the grief.  Children put their total faithful being in adults...and are told not to tell or else....

I was blamed for the whole thing, by two adults....so please, in this thread, spare me the compassion and understanding for the preditor...but seriously I believe, this shames American, and people turn their heads and pretend it is not happening, until it hits home, and I pray for all of you that it doesn't, God as my witness, this entire system needs to be evaluated.  There need to be strickter laws...really, laws that preditors would fear...these animals are a menace to society...and now I hear, they've made a movie about a preditor...who is trying to overcome his sickness?  So while he's doing this, he's free to walk, live and eat, by our children?

I hope I'm not being way to cut and dry with this...but I'm angry, that one child's death, being buried alive, hasn't changed our system.  It won't happen, until, you and me, start speaking out...someone's gotta take responsiblity for our children...they are innocent and precious...please American Wake up, and stop this...all I ask is that everyone write your congressman...demand change...not for me, you, but for them?  Please!

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
5 posted 2005-05-06 02:46 PM

Unfortunately, castration does little except for sexual mutilation.  Predatory impulses are not physical, but mental and psychological.  The sad fact remains that the overwhelming majority of sexual predators/child molestors are recitative (repeat offendors).  I've only heard of a few who have been striving and who constantly battle against those impulses who succeed and are able to resist the urges.  And then there's NAMBLA, the man/boy lover group.  There's an ongoing lawsuit against them by the family of a slain child by one of their members.  That person is still in prison.  The ACLU has been defending NAMBLA pro bono, and has been drawing this case into its 10th year with delaying tactics.  10 years, and depositions haven't even been done yet.  The ACLU and other civil liberty advocacy groups have been very vocal about measures taken against predators, including decrying pink license plates to identify a predator's vehicle, since cars are the primary tool used in the commission of the crime.  I guess many forget that driving is a priviledge, not a right.

My personal views on what should be done with such people would quickly be struck down as 'Cruel and Unusual Punishment' and un-Constitutional.

Cloud 9
since 2004-11-05
Posts 980
Ca
6 posted 2005-05-06 03:22 PM

Funny this topic should come up.

This happened to my son when he was little and all I could think is to be the next "Ellie Nesler." Just this morning I went to court for a restraining order on my (to be ex) husband. I found out he did some inappropriate things to my son.

Why are people like this? I now have to protect our daughter. Hopefully nothing happened in the time that he was living with us.

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

7 posted 2005-05-18 06:51 AM

to you Cloud 9, I am so so sorry this has happened to your son...I don't know, honestly what I would have done, being a parent of a child who was touched inappropriately...to be honest, I believe they'd have to incarsarate me to keep that preditor safe...God bless you and yours...there is one consulation though, Jesus said, whoa to those who harm one strand of hair on a child's head, or something as such...and when he said that, I believe truely he meant us as adults as well...after all, we are His children, are we not?  Your in my thoughts and prayers
always.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Opening for Feedback and Venting...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary