navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Is this the only thread here?
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Is this the only thread here? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Low Man's Lyric
since 2001-04-03
Posts 236
In a dream

0 posted 2001-06-27 01:59 AM

Can we swear here? Can we put up a violent picture here, like say a stick man shooting another one in the head and the other one falls and blood splatters from his head?

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."
~Steven Wright

© Copyright 2001 Aaron B. - All Rights Reserved
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
1 posted 2001-06-27 02:23 AM

Hi there Low Man's Lyric. To answer your question: No. Refer to the posting and replying guidelines to this forum by clicking the Discussion link and then the question mark to the right of the forum moderator list, in the section entitled Help. I believe this will answer most of your question about this particular forum. If you need further clarification or have any questions regarding this forum, don't hesitate to email me at alicat23@visto.com .

Thanks for the question, and have a good one.

Pax Poeticus,

Alicat
Alley/Lounge Moderator

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2001-06-27 09:25 AM

I know what you refer to, and you know that my name is listed as the Mod who removed that violent graphic. Not normally one to peruse that forum, I was asked to do it because some of your fellow teen members found it objectionable....too graphic a depiction of a violent act. Thus it was removed.
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2001-06-27 10:42 AM

Our guidelines are simple... If you're wondering if something is appropriate, consider whether it could be comfortably viewed by a young child.  Violence is NOT child-friendly, is it??
Low Man's Lyric
since 2001-04-03
Posts 236
In a dream
4 posted 2001-06-27 09:50 PM

No, violence isn't child-friendly but my question to you is, do you see any children here in PIP?

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."
~Steven Wright

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 2001-06-27 10:36 PM

Yes. Ask Michael Anderson and Doreen Peri...their young children post and read here.
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
6 posted 2001-06-28 07:03 AM

We have several children registered here as members.  Kindly conduct your posting activities accordingly.  Thank you.
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
7 posted 2001-07-26 09:30 PM

I've only a few things to say, just as a member of Passions:

Why on earth does someone wants to share swears and violent pictures?

I certainly wouldn't enjoy to read and see them.

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Feel free to use the pictures on my website. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace/

RSWells
Member Elite
since 2001-06-17
Posts 2533

8 posted 2001-07-26 10:13 PM

If you desire "shock" value I suggest increasing your vocabulary, in that way you will present your view in a way that is palatable and tasteful. Television, which I'd bet most posters here abhor, has enough graphic evil and vulgarity for the tastes of even the most dedicated "dark" fan. Please spare me the freedom of speech argument. What passes for freedom in this country (and most european) was paid for with plenty of graphic violence. Just my humble opinion.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to decieve"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Is this the only thread here?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary