navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Golden Child
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Golden Child Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams

0 posted 2005-01-19 10:10 PM

WHat can I say. Saturday I have to go home and be home and spend it with my older brother. This guy is the favored child. He thinks he is so much better then me. Well he is not. don't get me wrong he's my brother, but still he is a jerk.

The negative outcome: my self cofedence shadderd, and He will bring up the subject, "So why don't you have a boy friend yet, is there something wrong with you." or the infamous, "Your grades in The institute of technology were bad." Well I had a b- average  which was better then his.

Positive: I will have lots of poetic ammo for the board to read(:

-Juju

Juju - 1.) a magic charm or fetish 2.)Magic 3.)A taboo connected woth the use of magic

The dictionary never lies.... I am magical (;

© Copyright 2005 Juju - All Rights Reserved
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
1 posted 2005-01-20 12:14 PM

Elder siblings can be like that.  They generally have more responsibility loaded onto their shoulders at a young age and reflect back to that as faster maturity, even if they are still childish.  I actually got a very rare compliment from my older brother, when he said I was smarter than he previously thought or gave me credit for after I figured out some things, and did more in Linux than he did when first introduced.  Condescending?  Yes.  Best I can expect from him?  Yes, unless I somehow suddenly break the 80k/yr barrier through my own efforts without winning lotteries.  We still love each other, very much so.  We just can't stand each other too much. *chuckle*  That's siblings for you.
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2005-01-20 01:17 PM

I think often any pair of siblings in their lives will go through a sort of competitive phase.

When I was a little boy and I went through a cyclone of depression, being abused by boys in school and having seizures virtually every night, and learning I had Asperger's Syndrome and thinking I had some sort of mental disease, I was desperate for attention. I begged for it too much, and I believe I was selfish often in trying to get some, by interrupting my sister when she was talking and saying, "Hey, you've had your time, move over!"

Despite all I went through, I believe that was the wrong way to get attention. So I was competitive with my sister for a while.

I know this is not the same type of situation, but just know deep down, your brother always loves you. Just continue to try and open up to him, and be patient and understanding when you do so. Try and understand where he's coming from. Perhaps you are more mature than he is, but patience is a virtue and that will open up some new doors. I'm sure of that.

Just try and make the most of your time. Be courteous, but also try and make him listen, understand how you feel.

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around and come back home" MB20

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Golden Child

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary