navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » Pushing My Buttons
Open Poetry #19
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pushing My Buttons Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines

0 posted 2002-03-15 11:01 AM

Pushing My Buttons

Tagging always bothers me.
Maybe I am too behind.
A message left on number three.
Oh how I hate the phone tag line.

Leaving words to some machine,
never knowing who's to find.
And hear my voice through coughs between,
wondering if they'll answer mine.

Pushing buttons, Emergency One,
Two, if you know the extension please.
Just when I think I've got it down,
Another number choice to tease.

So once again I hang it up,
trying to remember the list.
Call and finally reach the beep
And now I wait return's assist....

M
* don't you just hate to call a Dr's office and get no one...

"Love is not blind - It sees more and not less, but because it sees more, it is willing to see less."
(Will Moss)

© Copyright 2002 Wynter Bliss - All Rights Reserved
Morcastlin
since 2002-01-14
Posts 244
The Jersey Shore, USA
1 posted 2002-03-15 11:07 AM

Oh boy, I can relate to this one!!! If only people would simply answer their phones!!! lol! This is great!

Love,
Bonnie

bslicker
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-04
Posts 2321
state of mind
2 posted 2002-03-15 11:08 AM

i hate auto answering also.
Good write, made me chuckle

Bernie

A smile a day keeps the world in smile's.
Bernie Slicker

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
3 posted 2002-03-15 11:09 AM

Maureen darling girl Wonderful writing, as always you delight when you write, and when you write in this style you excel. Beautifully put as always. It doesn’t happen here in England if the Doc isn’t around you get put through to MaiDoc It’s the emergency doctors on call I hope you get through soon darling heart

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

To give light to them that sit in darkness..... to guide our feet into the way of peace Luke 2:79

Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
4 posted 2002-03-15 11:11 AM

*giggling* isn't it funny how we all hate answering machines yet most of us have them so that we don't miss important calls...*giggle* I hate them too...Very well said...**big hugs**

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Victoria
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-08-12
Posts 5869

5 posted 2002-03-15 11:17 AM

Isnt technology wonderful haa?? hugs

~Victoria~

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

6 posted 2002-03-15 11:23 AM

HAHAHA nakd you hit the nail right on the head, Oh I hate when that happens. great write, floria

Floria

"Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them"
(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
7 posted 2002-03-15 11:49 AM

One ringy dingy... two ringy dingy... three ringy dingy...leave a message, please...or wait for assistance,  and then hope the human doesn't accidentally disconnect you, which always happens (it's Murphy's fault) when calling long distance. But sitting on hold or leaving messages when you already don't feel well does nothing to improve the impatient's condition. Hang in there, Maureen. Or should I say hang up?
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
8 posted 2002-03-15 12:04 PM

Bonnie, I am not even that old..yet..but darn I hate having to listen to every choice only to find out I missed the one I need and have to start all over again.All those  persons in his office and no one answers at all. And I don't consider myself an emergency and yet..one day I would like to push that  button and see what happens..*s

M

Bernie..thanks..maybe it's our age (not saying you are as  old as I)..but I like to hear a human voice..glad it made you smile..even I did, after reading what I wrote *s

M

Marsha..hiya...sweet thing..glad I gave you a lift today as you always do for me... I could have said it was an emergency but it wasn't.. I just needed something faxed from one office to another before Monday...so as not to be forced to take that breathing test again. *s

hugss
M

Karen...I don't have  mine on at the moment so no one can bother me..unless you know my unlisted number..that sure quieted it around here. *s
hugss
M

~V~..yup..for others I  think..*s
hugss
M

Floria.. the phone is one of my least liked pieces of technology *s
M

[This message has been edited by nakdthoughts (03-15-2002 06:10 PM).]

Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
9 posted 2002-03-15 12:50 PM

Years ago, I won't say how many, I used to be a telephone operator and worked a switchboard.  That was fun~   Hey, I don't do numbers...if I can't get a "real" person on the line, then I just hang up!  Loved this, Maureen.

Michael

Stars will shine when I am gone
Earth will spin on as before
Gulls still race along the shore
Morning star, still kiss the dawn

~ M. Auguste

Saunni
since 2000-07-11
Posts 1777
West Virginia
10 posted 2002-03-15 01:22 PM

Oh, this is too cool and you wrote about it so well! Yep, the dreaded calls we sometimes have to make to find we get the machine. It's certainly something I hate to do. I think one of the things I don't like about it is wondering what I sound like on the machine LOL. Great write!

Sauni @~~~>~~

The Sun Shines
Not On Us, But In Us
The River Flows Not Past,
But Through Us

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
11 posted 2002-03-15 03:49 PM

maureen,

lordy could i relate to this one...
it's like a maze just trying to get
through the list of the options presented
to you and sometimes even when you finally
do reach a human voice, you're not even
with the right department or person! gotta
hate that...excellent write...

take care.
amy

"just because someone doesn't love you as you'd like them to, does not mean they don't love you with all their heart"

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
12 posted 2002-03-15 04:19 PM

Maureen, all I can say is that I hate all recorded messages. So I kind of disappear into the forest. And only call the doc when I know she's in. Yep! I gotta lady doctor, of course! She is beautiful, looks like a movie star and loves me to pieces. LOL... Always takes my call or calls me back quickly. Do you think maybe she treats me special because I take her Godiva chocolates and write her poems? Hehehe..

But I agree with you. I hate those dumb machines.

((Maureen))
-newell  

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
13 posted 2002-03-15 06:27 PM

Hey MS...my initials in real by the way...yes I have been disconnected too and everything from this small town is long distance anyway..Oh I will be hanging up plenty or at times they will just hear me coughing ...that's the problem..even finding the right time to call...
Thanks a lot for your cool response..These next few days will be hardest as the weather is in the upper 70's getting warmer and the trees are budding so I am sure the allergies will be acting up even more than last week.
hugss
M

Michael..a telephone operator? You?  well years ago they weren't so bad..ahemmmm
at least they were real voices..*s and I am glad you enjoyed the events of my morning. *s

Maureen

Sauni..thanks for dropping by..What  bothered me most was I chose to speak to the drs secretary... only then, to get her  machine saying shes not in and to leave a message too. One button after another..I don't know how the elderly do it..I always tell my mother to wait on line or hit the 0 button and force someone to come on...or better still pretend you have a rotary phone  *s.
then you can't push a button!
Oh I don't worry about what I sound like, especially with this raspy voice right now..the sicker I sound maybe the faster I will receive some attention...just kidding

hugss
M

Amy...yes a maze to amaze us I think *s

I have had that happen too, where I have the wrong person and they won't even  switch me to the right one..thus  making me start all over again. Thanks *s

SS
Well who couldn't love a fella that writes  poetry to them..
I  don't care what sex my Dr is as long as they can help me...I do remember being embarassed by a male speech therapist once, when I lost my voice for a year...but
that's another story for another time and can't be appreciated unless told in real *s

Hey, chocolates too?  You sure know how to win them over  *smiling*

hugss
M

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » Pushing My Buttons

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary