navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » Soundtrack of My Life
Open Poetry #19
Post A Reply Post New Topic Soundtrack of My Life Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley

0 posted 2002-03-14 11:38 PM

It seems that lately
My life is like a movie
With a really bad
Saxophone soundtrack

No soft and mellow tunes
That flow clean and pure
Instead I hear it loud and squeaky
Ever so slightly off key

Why can’t I hear ‘Clare de Lune”
Flowing gently around me
Instead of ‘Rebel Rouser’
And ‘Yakkety Sax’?

© Copyright 2002 Poet deVine - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2002-03-14 11:45 PM

(big hugggsssssss) My heart goes out to you, sweet friend, your words to us are always a true winner, like the O' Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack at the Grammys this year, your heart always conducts the most wonderful ballads of all! (kiss on cheek) May the soft gentle music come and sing to your heart forever more, sweet friend, we all love you so much, this is well-expressed! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Sharon, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

NapalmsConstantlyConfused
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 529

2 posted 2002-03-15 12:02 PM

you should try some John Lee Hooker.... music from back in the days when they knew what "rhythm and blues" meant....

even though i realize that this is not really about music, sometimes taking a moment of time to listen to good sounds can soothe out the jagged edges and leave your ride through life a little smoother.
-Dave

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2002-03-15 12:09 PM

Thanks guys!! I actually wrote this after watching the beginning of a movie...it was a dark and stormy night..a cab pulled up next to a diner..and in the background was a smooth jazzy sax solo. I thought "gee wouldn't life be great if we could live it with that kind of music playing in the background all the time?" So it was my inspiration..and I love the sound of a saxophone.
Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
4 posted 2002-03-15 12:11 PM

Maybe all you need to do is wipe away a little dust from the needle. Shine it with a little sweet oil of wine, deVine. Life plays wonderfully sweet when we expect it too.

((Poet deVine)
-newell  

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 2002-03-15 12:17 PM

"Oil of wine"? I don't drink...and wouldn't wine or oil make the 'record' sticky? (I know there's a metaphor there somewhere.)
Bridget Shenachie
since 2002-01-23
Posts 1056
Kansas USA
6 posted 2002-03-15 12:39 PM

Really enjoyed your poem.  I do enjoy free verse and I like your theme.  Our lives do move like movies through our memory.

Most of the time, Yakkety Sax sounds good to me.  Hope that I don't get too rattled to switch to chamomile tea and Mozart to soothe my jangled nerves.  I've got lots of those remedies.  Still haven't resorted to the 'bury my face in the pillow and scream' tactic, but I'm keeping it on file.

And then there's meditation.  Use it a lot and probably look like a space cadet to most.  So who cares?

I'm starting to ramble...

Glad that you're doing well.  Love your writing!

Shenachie

P. S.  I don't think that I could live with only one music genre all the time.  I just have to switch gears!  

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
7 posted 2002-03-15 01:23 AM

Nah, I think what you need is some good ol' country music. I mean, who wouldn't want to listen to some guy singing about how his truck broke down, and how his dog died? (Note: I LOVE country, so... please don't get offended if you love it too )

I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming, terrified, like his passengers.

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
8 posted 2002-03-15 01:25 AM

PdV,
Geesh...change channels! How hard was that. $50 dollars please. (It's my minimum fee)

Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing himself. Leo Tolstoy

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
9 posted 2002-03-19 10:29 PM

PoetdeVine~
How's about a Sil Austin tune ?

LOL @ your - '"Oil of wine"?'
You crack me up gal~
*Hugs*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
         noles1@totcon.com                    

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
10 posted 2002-03-19 10:40 PM

Hello DeVine, and truly you are my friend.
These haunting questions seem to be in loop... Perhaps Flure De Lune is not your music...I seem to remember a fireball in a jalopy that was pretty good with the gas!
I hear Santana...Smooth! ThisDiamond

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
11 posted 2002-03-19 11:15 PM

Hey sweetie,

Let's get on the karaoke machine and sing something How about Joan Jett's I love rock n roll!!!!

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
12 posted 2002-03-20 06:25 PM

I've always wondered what would happen if we each had a movie crew following us around all the time. . . hmmmmmm. . .

anyway. . . I think that I'd like to compose my own soundtrack to my life. . . thanks. . .

great work. . .

----------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
13 posted 2002-03-20 06:43 PM

I have no idea why your soundtrack is like that...but I too love "Clare de Lune" *s
nicely done
M

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
14 posted 2002-03-20 07:21 PM

Liked your poem a lot, and liked Larry's answer to you, because I agree. If you can change channels it works for such peace and tranquility.  

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.
  ~* Albert Einstein *~

Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
15 posted 2002-03-20 07:46 PM

Sharon,

I shiver as I tell you that I like this a LOT!   Nice writing, my friend.

Michael

Stars will shine when I am gone
Earth will spin on as before
Gulls still race along the shore
Morning star, still kiss the dawn

~ M. Auguste

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » Soundtrack of My Life

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary