navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » Our Savior's Tears...........................from way, way back
Open Poetry #19
Post A Reply Post New Topic Our Savior's Tears...........................from way, way back Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA

0 posted 2002-03-13 05:45 PM

A tear of happiness once fell
From our dear Savior's eye
And left a cotton candy trail
Of clouds across the sky.

From them cascaded gentle showers
That fell to Earth below
And greened the grass and fathered flowers
And capped the hills with snow.

They filled the oceans, rivers, lakes
And painted upon high
With strokes a master artist makes
Bright rainbows in the sky.

A tear of anger also fell
From our dear Savior's eye
That left a thunder and lightning trail
Of clouds across the sky.

And, from these clouds, huge storms arose
Unleashing ice and hail
That echoed through the Earth below
Our Savior's mournful wail.

From his anger and his pain
Huge floods were given birth
And killer storms and hurricanes
Lashed out to punish Earth.

Are we living by God's plan?
Are his tears of rage or joy?
Will they bring rains befriending Man
Or otherwise destroy?

For your answer, search the skies
And please be kind to Him.
Our future lies in how He cries
And, buddy, I can't swim.

© Copyright 2002 Michael Mack - All Rights Reserved
strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

1 posted 2002-03-13 05:49 PM

Oh Baladeer I love this so much, A very serious poem that makes one think, and then, bam, a laugh and a chuckle. Only you could pull this off. I really enjoyed this one, floria

Floria

"Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them"
(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

Victoria
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-08-12
Posts 5869

2 posted 2002-03-13 05:50 PM

Beautifully written Deery..and a chuckle at the end..

~Victoria

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2002-03-13 05:52 PM

BRAVO!!! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY STRIKING AND EXCELLENT, I LOVE IT!!! (BIG HUGGGSSSSS) I believe He has a plan for all of us, and He cries tears of anger and punishes us with tidal waves and hurricanes to surmount just to save us all and teach us to swim and stand high with love and weather each storm of life and hatred to become compassionate and pure in heart in the end! (smiles) This is outstanding, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Michael, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Krissy
since 2002-02-22
Posts 556
kent England
4 posted 2002-03-13 07:02 PM

’Deer hi there, ohhhhhhhhh this is the most beautiful piece of writing I have ever seen?  This is simply stunningly lovely in it’s entirety, not a word, not a pause not a syllable out of place. This is truly and I’m going to have to steal from mum’s vocabulary here Utterly utterly brilliant

You leave me speechless and you will leave mum speechless too, this really is an amazing poem.

She’s telling me it’s time to let her back on her computer but I’m so stunned by this I’m almost frozen to the spot since I have to make this a short reply I’m awe-struck by the sheer brilliance of this wonderfully written poem.

Mr Balladeer this proves you are the MASTER

Love and warm stuff
As always
Krissy

And while thy willing soul transpiers
at every pore with instant fires
Andrew Marvell 1621-1678

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
5 posted 2002-03-13 07:30 PM

’Deer dearest heart Oh MY STARS this is fantastic, never ever have I seen such an outstandingly beautiful poem. My abominable daughter is right I am struck dumb, totally speechless before such a well crafted and glorious piece of art

When I gazed in wonder at Rodin’s Kiss, I thought this is the definition of beauty. When I listened to Handles Messiah I was convinced that I’d never heard such sweetness in my life, but this surpasses all the sights and sounds that I had previously considered beauteous.

Beauty now has a new definition and when you next look the word up in the Oxford English Dictionary it will read Beauty see Our Saviour’s Tears by Balladeer

Stunned and speechless ‘Deer now you know how to shut me up, simply write my dear ‘Deer just WRITE

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

To give light to them that sit in darkness..... to guide our feet into the way of peace Luke 2:79

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
6 posted 2002-03-13 07:45 PM

i have never seen you write of Christianity before...

this is a uniquely penned piece from you, Michael!!

it's quite beautiful

i can't swim very well either

in the past i have written about tears i can't swim out of and referred to Alice and how she shrunk and got drowned in her own tears but that's another metaphor

i once wrote a piece which this reminds me of.... it's a very very old piece of mine.... first line is "some people believe in a saviour".... i think i'll look for it and post it for you

thank you for sharing this from your archives.... you are a fine writer, Michael... i respect you very very much

the difference is... when you write, you are an Olympic swimmer.......while i'm just trying to keep my head above water doing the breast stroke or treading water or diving into an empty swimming pool

aww damn... i'm rambling again!!! stupid metaphors are making me wriite on and on and on about nothing....

this poem of yours is good. Real good.

that's all i realy wanted to say!! i'm proud to know you!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
7 posted 2002-03-13 08:16 PM

Ok, ok, so you start out sensitive, caring, compassionate, and end up squishing us with the last line...

only you could get away with that!

Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan
8 posted 2002-03-13 10:59 PM

Michael...I love the way you lace this serious poem with some light humor.
I think thats the way life should be.
I know that I try to use Gilda Radner as my example.
She knew she was dying, but continued to make other people laugh.

With that thought in mind...I'll tell you that I made David promise to punch holes in the top of my coffin, so that I will be able to breathe after I am buried.
Chipmunks need air to breathe if they are trapped in a box.

I really enjoyed the twist in your poem.
Excellent work as usual

copyright2002 Lyra Nesius

"poetry is life distilled"  Gwendolyn Brooks

Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
9 posted 2002-03-13 11:08 PM

I was surprised at first to see you write a religious based poem, and you did a superb job I might add   
Your flow and message is well executed with serious sensitivity and great wit at the end.  This is excellent writing!
You're the master storyteller and my favourite cutie patootie as well

Take care,
Melissa~

"Poetry is not an opinion expressed...
it is a song that rises from a bleeding
wound...or a smiling mouth"

~Kahlil Gibran~

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
10 posted 2002-03-13 11:09 PM

Bravo! Provisimo! And the master of the unexpected...Hmmm, must be one of those artistic types huh? Enjoyed. ThisDiamond
(Pssst...these days I keep a canoe by the backdoor...shhhh)

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
11 posted 2002-03-13 11:16 PM

Something to think about...James
NapalmsConstantlyConfused
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 529

12 posted 2002-03-14 12:09 PM

well doreen said it right.
rarely indeed do you tackle religion... you do sentiment in a less showy, and therefore more meaningful way, than do most; it is therefore more visible when you tackle something like this.
wow.
bravo, 'Deer, you awe us all again.
-Dave

Rosemary J. Gwaltney
since 1999-08-26
Posts 997
northern mountains, Idaho
13 posted 2002-03-14 12:26 PM

I haven't seen you write of Christianity before, either, and it's a real treat. Of course, only you could end a serious work on a light note!

It's a very well done poem. Thank you!

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
14 posted 2002-03-14 12:28 PM

Well I think you "do" religion well, and there has to be an element of humor as well for isn't that real life?  However, if you had been here today Michael in this rain you might have needed water wings.  You are definitely my favorite story teller that is for sure, and I know because of your heart, you can write about anything, and you just proved it.

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.
  ~* Albert Einstein *~

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
15 posted 2002-03-14 12:45 PM

floria...glad you liked it.... everything should end with a smile

Victoria...thank you...maybe the rains will drown your bird! LOLOL!!

Noah...There is a plan, indeed...wish I knew what it was!!!

Krissy...thank you, sweet girl. I could do something to leave the two of you speechless? LOLOL! Not in this lifetime, miss! (and I wouldn't have it any other way)
Be well, Krissy!!

Mushy...ah, the other half of the Dynamic Duo! Thank you, mushy. Comparing me to Handle is quite an honor indeed! I'm tickled that you enjoy my little offerings...I shall try to keep you speechless in the future!!

Doreen...thank you, girl. Watch out for those empty swimming pools. Even if the fall doesn't kill you, there's no way out! Thanks for such wonderful words...

Sunshine...what can I say? I'm a born squisher! (I'm trying to cut back, though)

Lyra....Gilda would be an excellent role model for anyone! Forget that box, lady. Even when chipmunks are out on a limb, they;re still flying high

Melissa...my pagan past must pursue me! LOL! I like being your favorite, patootie!!

This Diamond...canoes are good! I may need a ride....please???

James...thank you for reading...and thinking.

Dave...I certainly appreciate your kindness. Yes, that sentimental side sneaks out every now and then...thanks for noticing...

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
16 posted 2002-03-14 12:53 PM

Rosemary...it comes out occasionally. I've got Say Hello to God For Me and The Preacher and the Boy back there in the archives somewhere. I'm very pleassed you liked it. Thank you...

Mysteria...it rains there all the time, doesn't it? You've got God bawling His eyes out! Of course, if the rain is falling on your house, they are undoubtedly tears of joy Thank you for being there...

amigo
since 2001-10-12
Posts 520
the earth school
17 posted 2002-03-14 01:23 AM

Yeah, yeah....pray all to be kind to each other and especially to Him....neither can i swim...great write here, Balladeer...
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
18 posted 2002-03-14 05:25 AM

Oh Michael ... this is a treasure!  I loved the imagery and references in this piece ... and as always ... I got the biggest grin from your closing. Wonderful ending line, just loved it!

Best wishes and hugs,
/Kit

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
19 posted 2002-03-14 08:00 AM

Indeed... I'm not such a great swimmer either.  I'll take one of the lifeboats, please... Grand words, deer one...
Duncan
Member Ascendant
since 2001-08-07
Posts 5455

20 posted 2002-03-14 08:35 AM

Got an extra life preserver?
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
21 posted 2002-03-15 03:54 PM

I love this, Deer One... and the fact that it's from way, way back just proves what I've long suspected... you're old. *G*

No, seriously... that was a Toerag moment slipping in... It's been THAT kind of week and the brat in me knows it's Friday... *G*

No... what I've suspected is that you polish your craft and work at it... but the excellence you gift us with isn't something you've learned... your talent is innate.

I, for one, am so grateful you have it. *S*

Now I'm off to think... see what you went and did to a blonde? *G*

walker
Member Elite
since 2001-02-11
Posts 2240
Florida
22 posted 2002-03-15 04:00 PM

I love this one. Living in South Florida I've known my share of storms and my friend they are scary... so we don't want to get him mad Let's play it cool.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » Our Savior's Tears...........................from way, way back

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary