navwin » Sanctuary » Poetic Haven » Said Sere to a "Victorious" Commander Christopher Michaelson
Poetic Haven
Post A Reply Post New Topic Said Sere to a "Victorious" Commander Christopher Michaelson Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

0 posted 2003-12-31 01:10 AM

NOTE:  Still more from my made-up world and the horrid war that once ravaged it.  Some background info:  Sere(woman whose name is pronounced "SerEE") is an old school friend of Christopher Michaelson, whose family was brutally murdered by the political regime that would ultimately become one of the major powers involved in the war discussed.

Let's go home.
We are home.
Here is home, and there.
We are all one in our loss,
fragments of shattered wares
and desolate forgotten nations.
Let's go home.
How dare you harken back to
an old barbaric way of living!
I would bury you now, but
that was the old way of life.

Those bodies over there are
no less at home than we,
and no less forgotten.

I know you've finally lost your
dream of vengance, your hopes
to bring back the world you loved.
Just be Christopher Michaelson.
Let us live.

I'll let you live
to be with me
and weep with me
and heal with me.
Home.

2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2
--Smit
My Creations

© Copyright 2003 fractal007 - All Rights Reserved
kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
1 posted 2004-01-25 03:07 AM

Hi Kevin,
i found this poem intriguing. would like to read more poems about your made-up world..

How dare you harken back to
an old barbaric way of living!
I would bury you now, but
that was the old way of life.
~aroused my curiosity. what is the "old barbaric way of living" that you speak of? and is burial a proper decent way of sending someone on his/her final journey? why is it outdated? unless the war necessarities that we can't bury our loved ones and hence the new way of life=no burial

Those bodies over there are
no less at home than we,
and no less forgotten.
~i thought this to be very clever. hints at the emotional state of the leads without much saying....

again, enjoyed the read

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
2 posted 2004-06-07 12:01 PM

I'm kicking myself for missing this one, it is beautifully crafted and an absoloute pleasure to read, thank you for sharing it with us.

Andrew

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Sanctuary » Poetic Haven » Said Sere to a "Victorious" Commander Christopher Michaelson

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary