navwin » Sanctuary » Poetic Haven » No sense
Poetic Haven
Post A Reply Post New Topic No sense Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking

0 posted 2003-03-13 10:08 AM

No sense.

the sirens are wailing

“Keep going”

“Keep going”

but the lumbering giant
stands still on the hill

07/03/03

Just a little poem I wrote on the way back from town.

© Copyright 2003 Andrew Sewell - All Rights Reserved
Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
1 posted 2003-03-13 01:46 PM

Well, this is uh, different.  Messed up.  Again I'm having trouble understanding what you are trying to mean with this, whether it's something simple and straightforward or a deeper, more complex concept you wish to express.  There's always so much ambiguity surrounding your work, I wish you'd write more at a time...

Unless you're one of those poets who writes to be read into, it'd be helpful to offer more to the reader so that they don't take it in the wrong direction.  Nicely written.

Parasite

"Faith" means the will to avoid knowing what is true.
~ Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
2 posted 2003-03-14 11:03 AM

You're a political guy, Zu. I'm going to take the entire meaning of this piece as a political stance and say that the lumbering giant is metaphorical for the current situation or a past situation. Give me a break, it's after 3am and I haven't slept properly in days. Metaphors are good for you anyway.

However! I do like it. A piece that gives the reader the ability to see whatever the hell they want is nothing but good. You've giving us freedom and only joy and rapture can come out of that.

~AF~

I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Sanctuary » Poetic Haven » No sense

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary