navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » I looked in the mirror today and hated what i saw
Open Poetry #18
Post A Reply Post New Topic I looked in the mirror today and hated what i saw Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DayDreamer99
since 2002-01-23
Posts 72

0 posted 2002-02-12 02:35 PM

I looked in the mirror today
And hated what i saw

I hated that girl,
The girl in the mirror
Is ugly,fat and worthless
That girl will never get anything right

And hated what i saw

I think maybe im unloveable
And so i go back to that girl in the mirror
To see what else is wrong with me
And so i continue to hate that girl

And hated what i saw

© Copyright 2002 DayDreamer99 - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2002-02-12 02:42 PM

DayDreamer,
Hey...what happened to that daydreamer attitude?! There is a way through this, honest. Just know that you are in a place that will be accepting and make every effort to be understanding. It does help to write about our feelings. Just don't forget to explore positive thoughts too! Courage it can only get better. And you need to know your poem was in fact well written.

Booker
since 2002-02-11
Posts 5

2 posted 2002-02-12 05:51 PM

Dear DayDreamer

I have been in that very same situation. And I've uttered similar words to my mirror image. And sometimes that mirror was a refuge. I grew numb in that dark place and sometimes it brought me an odd sense of security. That was some time ago. Hopefully this feeling is not recurrent for you, but if it is then I just want to say: You WILL overcome this eventually! There is is a wonderful world out there waiting for you. And there is also a wonderful world within you, a world with endless potential for happiness. See if you can discern it the next time you look in the mirror. It is there, waiting for you to discover it. And when you do you might find that much of what you consider "flaws" will evaporate.

I agree with Larry C (wow, I'm a...) Filling your mind with positive thoughts often works wonders! And writing, of course!

And I liked your poem. It brought me back and filled me with strong emotions. Good stuff.

Love,
Booker

PS: This is my first post by the way. Just joined. Hi everyone!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » I looked in the mirror today and hated what i saw

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary