navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » Never Again (1000th Post)
Open Poetry #18
Post A Reply Post New Topic Never Again (1000th Post) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan

0 posted 2002-01-25 12:52 PM

I am dedicating my 1000th post to the victims of the Sept 11 terrorist attacks.My younger son, Victor is a real estate lawyer in NYC and he was supposed to be at a meeting at Cantor Fitzgerald on the morning of Sept. 11; but on the afternoon before, he received a phone call telling him that he didn't have to be there because they weren't going to discuss the real estate deal.I think an angel must have been watching over Victor that day...and I am so very thankful for that.

Never again will things be as they were

human existence has been forever altered
by the ugly face of terror
the catastrophic scream of thousands dying
steadfast towers of strength, bastions of commerce
violently stabbed by flaming missiles of dread
a sad rubric of a nation raped

swirling plumes of sinister black smoke
manic tongues of orange frenzy
swiftly swallowing it's human prey
rudely spitting out the pieces

a holocaust of fury visited on undeserving souls
the world mourns
woeful black tears pour from it's eyes
and splash across TV screens across the globe

mangled bodies encased in melted steel
human beings blasted to pieces
the contorted mask of deadly horror
minds perverted by hatred, laced with evil
the hollow victory of cowards

trust eroded, humanity ripped to shreds
gaping wounds will never heal
the very anchors of civilization, uprooted
all that was once sacred has been vilified
forever lost in
the pulverized remains of our innocence

never again will things be as they were

copyright2002 Lyra Nesius

"poetry is life distilled"  Gwendolyn Brooks

[This message has been edited by Madame Chipmunk (01-25-2002 12:53 AM).]

© Copyright 2002 Lyra Nesius - All Rights Reserved
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
1 posted 2002-01-25 01:01 AM

Madame, I saw that your response to my poem was #999 and I wondered what #1000 would be...you did not disappoint. This is more than worthy. I, too, thank God for your good fortune. Congratulations on this milestone...may there be thousands more
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2002-01-25 02:09 AM

I cannot imagine a more wonderful way to mark a milestone, than to be able to be thankful for having been spared a more personal part of the September disaster. You and your son must be counting blessings daily.
sodpossom
since 2001-06-15
Posts 723
N.C
3 posted 2002-01-25 11:43 AM

Lyra

This was perfect for your 1000 post.The world will definitely never be the same.Sounds like your son was very blessed and you also,because I know how proud you are of him.A very nice poem!

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
4 posted 2002-01-25 11:50 AM

Peace.....
Lauren~

Twas not into my ears you whispered
but into my heart.
Twas not my lips you kissed,
but my soul

[This message has been edited by Greeneyes (01-25-2002 11:50 AM).]

Victoria
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-08-12
Posts 5869

5 posted 2002-01-25 11:54 AM

I had chills just thinking of what if he had not received that call....thank God..hugss
Congratulations on 1000 Madame

~Vic

You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.

-Ziggy

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
6 posted 2002-01-25 11:59 AM

Lyra--Indeed, there are many angels watching...Congratulations on the 1000.  You have become an important part of our passions family.
amigo
since 2001-10-12
Posts 520
the earth school
7 posted 2002-01-25 12:15 PM

Yes...Lyra, i agree...things will never be the same....kudos on reaching the milestone...
N orth Carolina Girl
since 2001-12-04
Posts 962
NC,USA
8 posted 2002-01-25 12:21 PM

Lyra,wonderful poem on a very sad situation.I don`t anyone can ever forget September 11.I don`t think we should even try.Its a tragedy that has touched all of our lives.i`m so glad your son wasn`t in those towers at that time.Congratulations on your 1000th post. TAKE CARE

Juanita

"always have a smile on your face it makes people wonder what you`re up to:

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
9 posted 2002-01-25 12:27 PM

Congrats on 1,000 posts!! Oh thank the Lord Victor received that phone call! 9 11 is a day that we will never forget. Can't wait to see what you will write for your 2000th!

RP

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

10 posted 2002-01-25 12:57 PM

This is powerful Madame C, and Oh I am so happy for you and your son that he wasn't there. What an awful unforgetful day that was and you have expressed it well. floria
Had to come back and edit this. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 1000th.

Floria

"Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them"
(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

[This message has been edited by strbbux (01-25-2002 12:58 PM).]

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
11 posted 2002-01-25 01:03 PM

Lyra darling girl wonderful utterly utterly wonderful, this is writing at its most powerful. YOUR writing is always superb whether you’re writing comedy love or about powerful emotions. This your 1,000 post is outstanding it truly is.

You have excelled darling girl YOU truly have. Wonderful powerful and compelling reading, really well done.

I’m sorry I simply couldn’t resist doing a poetic reply, forgive me? please

1,000 times your light has shone out bright
1,000 times you’ve illumed the darkest night
Words stream across the page in perfect flow
Such delight and wonder you’ll forever show
Never stop writing Lyra your rhyme is divine
Please darling girl always spare us your time
Keep writing Lyra and we’ll always love you
Here’s to the next thousand or do I mean two

Thank you darling girl for all you are continue to shine as you do so well

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

To give light to them that sit in darkness..... to guide our feet into the way of peace St John ch2 v1

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
12 posted 2002-01-25 01:53 PM

Congrats with your milestone and hope to read many more. May Angels always guard you and your loved ones.

Charisma

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
13 posted 2002-01-25 03:04 PM

(tears fall down my cheeks) Oh my goodness, I am so relieved Victor got that phone-call, I believe September 11th is indeed a day that will forever change the world and how we feel, and the tears will always be with us, but nevertheless it is also a day many angels were made, such as the one that called him! (big hugggssssss) God Bless You, sweet friend, this is the most wonderfully compassionate way to celebrate 1000, we all love you so much and can't wait to read many more thoudands from your loving heart! (kiss on cheek) We all love you so much!!! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Lyra, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
14 posted 2002-01-25 04:01 PM

Lyra,
Let's count out blessings large and small
thank the Lord he got the call
thank God too for all he's done
to make your place in Passions sun.
1,000 poems...well my dear
I see you've made a home in here
Lyra may there be a 1,000 more
before you move from Passion's shore

Loved the poem and the thoughts. Congratulations on the 1,000
Lynne

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

DarkAngelChelle
since 2001-12-06
Posts 87
Kansas
15 posted 2002-01-25 05:16 PM

Lyra,

What an amazing 1000th post.  And I imagine that you can't count your blessings enough after finding out that Victor could have been in that building.  But thank goodness he wasn't, and I'm sure that the angels that are watching over him are keeping his safety closely in hand.  This such a fitting tribute to those who lost their lives.  Never again will anything, nor anyone, ever be the same.  
Take care.  

~What is cherished most is what must be the hardest fought for.~

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
16 posted 2002-01-26 12:59 PM

Lyra,
Wow...what good use of your 1,000th. Well done. You and Midnitesun seem to always make such meaningful use of your opportunities. I am proud!

peppermint35
since 2000-05-28
Posts 1106
Texas, USA
17 posted 2002-01-26 01:41 AM

Wow, I think Larry expressed how I felt upon reading the poem.. that you made an absolutely wonderful use of your 1000th post with this.. you said it all.. and you said it perfectly!!!  The angels indeed watched over your family, thank all goodness.

All else I can say is that this one is not only worthy.. but worth keeping and reading time and again.. and I intend to do just that...

Hugs,

Pepper
"A poem is the very image of life expressed in its eternal truth."
   Percy Bysshe Shelley

Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan
18 posted 2002-01-26 10:05 PM

Michael...thanks for being the first to reply to this one and for replying so very soon.  I am also very flattered that I didn't disappoint you.

Kacy...thanks, and believe me...I am counting my blessings over this one every single day.

Lauren...Peace to you also,  That is exactly what the world needs....Peace!

Stevie...Victor knows how proud I am of him and he also knows that he had a very narrow escape.

Victoria...I too, get the chills when I think about it.....over and over and over, every single day...and I think I always will.

Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan
19 posted 2002-01-26 10:16 PM

Martie...thanks for making me feel at home here.  I really love being part of this family.

Juanita...thanks for your reply.  You are absolutely right!  That is one day that no one will ever forget!

Amigo...thanks very much for your reply and your kudos....much appreciated!

Joanna...thanks for your reply.  I am so very grateful for that phone call from whomever it was who made it.

Floria...thanks so much, I am glad you enjoyed it...again...no one will ever forget that day, and no one SHOULD ever forget it either....important lessons were learned that day!

Marsha...Thank you so much for your poetic reply....It is always so wonderful to see your replies because they really make my head swell.  One of these days...it will get so big that I won't be able to wear any of my hats.

Charisma...thanks so much. I agree, the angels were certainly guarding Victor that day.

Noah..thank you, I think it might have been an angel who made that phone call to Victor

Keth...thanks for your reply and for the lovely congratulatory poem.  Yes, I have made a home here.....thanks much to you and Marsha.

Chelle...Thanks and I count those blessings many times every day...over and over again

Larry and Pepper.....thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for your very nice replies.

**Messages combined to observe no-bumping policy**

[This message has been edited by Balladeer (01-26-2002 10:39 PM).]

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
20 posted 2004-11-05 03:55 PM

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » Never Again (1000th Post)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary