navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » A Look Behind
Open Poetry #18
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Look Behind Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ShadowRider
since 2001-07-14
Posts 1038
USA

0 posted 2002-01-21 05:26 PM

A Look Behind

Birthplace to grave
take one last look behind
the highest steps up seem reachable now
why do they look so familiar
why do cavernous memories seem all crowded in a corner
I don't even shine a lantern on them anymore
they just huddle in the dark

stepped slopes have lost their allure to be conquered
dear mother of us:
take one last look behind:
we are what you had always hoped for
and less than you feared

© Copyright 2002 Picasso Lyrics - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2002-01-21 05:35 PM

not sure I ubderstand this one..although I have a feeling of dread when reading for some reason..but you know me..I don't always "get" what is meant *s
M

ShadowRider
since 2001-07-14
Posts 1038
USA
2 posted 2002-01-21 05:40 PM

Hi M!  just happened to be online preparing for the game, and posted this puzzling piece.  Ok..i will spill..it deals with how worried mother's are when their children grow up; how many trials we as their children face while trying not to worry their parents.  Its like:  we never can bring ourselves to admit our faults to them, totally, or our setbacks, because they doooo get sooo worried.  

Does that shed some light on it?  Sorry for the obscurity....i must have written it in a 'dim' light, or something.  hehehe

and HI !M!   hope you are doing alright.  *s*
JF

[This message has been edited by ShadowRider (01-21-2002 06:12 PM).]

Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
3 posted 2002-01-21 05:42 PM

mmmmmmm I guess we turned out not so badly then....Very interesting poem. **big hugs**

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
4 posted 2002-01-21 05:45 PM

(sigh) Soooooooo very sensitive and sentimental, sweet friend, I believe all parents cope with this anxiety, but in the end I know that they will grow up and joy and hope will fill all their hearts, both in the parents and children! (big hugggsssss) God Bless You, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet friend, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

vandana
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Patricius
since 1999-10-22
Posts 10463
USA
5 posted 2002-01-21 07:28 PM

enjoy
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
6 posted 2002-01-21 07:34 PM

well I have unloaded so much on my mother this past year I feel awful about it..probably has been the first time in my life I have needed her since before getting married and  it feels demeaning to be letting her down and myself.  Now I understand, thanks.
M

Victoria
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-08-12
Posts 5869

7 posted 2002-01-21 07:49 PM

I never went to my parents with problems..but my children
came to me with all their problems..i guess i should feel
honored ha...looking on the optimistic side SR.

~Victoria~

You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.

-Ziggy

ShadowRider
since 2001-07-14
Posts 1038
USA
8 posted 2002-01-21 11:47 PM

to all:

Thanks for your generous nice replies.....you make a Midwestern boy feel at home.  *s*

and NT....i look at it this way, you shouldnt be ashamed to broach those subjects with your mom.  M, who loves you more in the world....aww....leave the deep lovin' understanding  to the 'professionals:  Mom's and Dads.'   I am sure you have been helpful to her, too, M.  I know you have in fact....a little love goes a loooong way....and warms better than any soup i know of!  *smiles and hugs*  

SR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » A Look Behind

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary