navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » You Are There, Here With Me (Lady In White's Challenge)
Open Poetry #17
Post A Reply Post New Topic You Are There, Here With Me (Lady In White's Challenge) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2001-12-19 02:40 AM

~* You Are There, Here With Me *~

(For Lady In White' Challenge)

You are there ~ here with me,
Dust to dust ~ but still I see.
Breath of wind ~ upon my face,
Inhaling memories ~ simple grace.

~*~

Willow whispers ~ spirits free.
Reminiscence ~ gentle smile,
Warmth of heart ~ for a while.

~*~

Pirouetting leaf ~ flying free.
Dancing round ~ morning’s dawn,
Celestial sign ~ you’re not gone.

~*~

Half a whole ~ I’ll always be.
Through destiny ~ we’ll embrace,
Two friends held ~ in his grace.

~*~

Two hearts entwined ~ forever WE.

~* In Memory of Jenna *~
~ you are there, here with me ~

~*~ Carpe' Diem ~*~

Photo: Personal photo of the bench my friend and I always sat on under a Willow tree close to my home.  
I try to go there almost every day for a walk now.

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (12-19-2001 02:49 AM).]

© Copyright 2001 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
1 posted 2001-12-19 07:57 AM

Mysteria,
challenge well met and beautiful imagery to boot. Lovely
Kethry

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2001-12-19 08:11 AM

I wonder if Lady will shed a tear as I have...yes, indeed, I think she will.  If this were a contest, insteand of just a challenge, I do believe this would have won first place....

for now, it shall be a Keeper...

Lady In White
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-12
Posts 2799
USA
3 posted 2001-12-19 08:34 AM

Mysteria, you have taken the essence of the challenge and have made it your very own.  But then you did one thing better, and you've shared it with all of us.

Sometimes our losses are so deeply personal, that we hide in our grief, and wither away.  You knew your friend Jenna for who she was, and she continues to watch over you in wondrous ways...

and you will always share with your friends her gift of life, as it was meant to be shared, and in that...

we are priceless in our treasures...

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
4 posted 2001-12-19 08:52 AM

(tears fall down my cheeks) God Bless You, sweet friend, this is such a beautiful and touching challenge from your golden heart! (big hugggsssss) Sometimes we all experience losses and the tears are always with us, but it also brings tears of joy to my eyes to feel your hope and faith that Jenna is always watching over you guiding you with her love and grace! (sigh) She will always love you and remember you, sweet friend, just as we all do, and every day you walk to that willow, always cherish those sweet memories of yours and smile like you are there with her always! (kiss on cheek) Sooooooo beautiful, sweet friend, God Bless You! We all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Sharon, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

[This message has been edited by Mistletoe Angel (12-19-2001 08:52 AM).]

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2001-12-19 02:07 PM

Well I am in tears here at the responses on this post.  You know I tried and tried to do something about Jenna for this challenge and it wouldn't come.  Those lines just spoke to me..."you are there, here with me", as to take two people who are basically one and take one away, leaves a massive wound or hole to heal. Passions has been the salve on that wound and some if not most of the people in here, so I thank you.  

Noah ~ Without a doubt you have the biggest heart and don't you ever change that in you!  That tree is up about 8 blocks from my house and neither the tree, Jenna or me are going to budge from the union of that meeting place.  That is where we would meet to go to Starbucks after shopping, etc. when she was in Vancouver.  She would dance around it (she was a dancer) singing "Willow Weep For Me" with the longest red hair you have ever seen floating in the breeze, and to this day in the dead of winter I see her there and I guess I always will.  God bless you and her.  And Noah ~ thank you.

"she is there, here with me" that is how it will always be!

Sorry to have taken so much room up here  

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (12-19-2001 02:10 PM).]

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
6 posted 2001-12-19 02:22 PM

Sharon--This is so beautiful and touching..filled with love and special memory and place.  Thank you for sharing such an important piece of your feeling, here.  Hugs and blessings to you this holiday!
Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

7 posted 2001-12-19 02:35 PM

Sharon, this is exquisite.  I have a friend I hope to someday share a sitting with under a willow tree, and I know should anything ever happen to her I would feel much like you do now. You are so right about what we share here at passions, and how much others become to mean to us. Your expression of love is beautiful.  Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Donna

On the wings of words our spirits fly....and our souls are free.
~Me~

(I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance~Garth)

Martha Cowan
since 2001-03-08
Posts 240
Groves, Texas
8 posted 2001-12-19 03:10 PM

(((((((Sharon))))))))
I could feel the love in your heart for your precious friend in each and every beautiful verse. This touched my heart so deeply, and of course, I'm searching for the Kleenex. She is always there with you...and the bond between you shines radiantly ~ a bond that is strong enough to erase the boundaries of eternity and find her standing there beside you always.
Thank you for so tenderly touching my heart, my sweet friend...and Happy Holidays to you and yours..
Hugs and much love to you, always, ~*~dawn~*~

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
9 posted 2001-12-19 03:53 PM

You've met The Lady's challenge very well.
Very touchy poem you wrote
Thanks

I wrote to the challenge too, but the Lady missed it, but that doesn't matter

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Want to use the pics on my website? Just send me a mail and I'll give you the link.

[This message has been edited by Titia Geertman (12-19-2001 04:01 PM).]

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
10 posted 2001-12-19 04:36 PM

Thank you all for your very generous and kind comments, and Titia - that Lady never misses anything, she is just busy being an elf on the side!
SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown
11 posted 2001-12-19 07:51 PM

Oh my Sharon, you met this challenge very well. This is a very beaytiful, toching poem. And, I love the picture. My favorite tree is a willow tree.
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
12 posted 2001-12-19 08:41 PM

This is an absolutely lovely poem... You've got a nice ambience about your words, Mysteria - Jenna was a lucky lady to have you for a best friend... I can picture the two of you sharing a gourmet lunch (which you no doubt prepared) under its boughs..
Flutterwings
since 2001-07-10
Posts 288
Maine
13 posted 2001-12-19 08:45 PM

If you  still your mind and close your eyes you will feel her presence and she will pirouette into your heart.Every word was splendid imagery of your love and friendship for her. She is feeling this *Big Time* because you've touched me with your talent and you've made her smile.
Love and peace Maggie ((~.~))

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
14 posted 2001-12-19 09:36 PM

SmartChick ~ This tree is enormous, and of course they are also my favorite too.  Thank you.

Nan ~ If she made the lunch I would have choked - she was a dancer yes, a cook nada - and yes, we shared many a thing under those trees, including my picnic lunches LOL.

Flutterwings ~ I feel her!  Thanks Maggie.

~*~ The Very Best Of The Season To You And Yours ~*~

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
15 posted 2001-12-19 10:36 PM

I can only imagine the challenge you meet in going forward each year with the love you harbor so deeply. I admire and appreciate the bond you still have. You are spilling so beautifully as proof of that. So touching and dear your friendship has become to even someone like me. Peace and Love Dear Lady! {{Many hugs}}

Sincerely,
Regina

LngJhnAg
Member Elite
since 1999-07-23
Posts 3508
Boot+Kitty=Poetry in motion
16 posted 2001-12-19 10:41 PM

Sharon,  I know she is pleased.  This is a beautiful tribute to somebody who was very special.
Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
17 posted 2001-12-19 10:56 PM

Sharon, there are few times when I am at a loss for words....this being one of them.
God Bless You!  ~Hugs Nancy~

*~ Wishing you all a magical Christmas ~*

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

18 posted 2001-12-19 10:58 PM

Pirouetting leaf ~ flying free.
Dancing round ~ morning’s dawn,
Celestial sign ~ you’re not gone.
======================================

somethings never leave us...somethings never should.
You found the words when you needed them most..and did her a lovely justice.
Beautiful tribute of friendships never ending gift.
heart-hugs postess Sharon
jm

You're the hidden cost and the thing that's lost in everything I do.
Thats the way love is ... sky blue and black.

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
19 posted 2001-12-19 11:29 PM

~*Regina, Nancy, Michael, and Janet Marie *~

Thank you all for your heartfelt comments, yes, she was very special indeed and I guess the season isn't helping any, but she sure lives on in little things around me, and that is ,as Martha Stewart would say, "A good thing!" Thank you again, and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
20 posted 2001-12-20 12:04 PM

Shoot.....every time I read one of your poems I know my heart is going to be touched and this one is no different. Your heart and words tend to reach out and personally touch everyone around you. I just love reading your work. **big hugs**

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
21 posted 2001-12-20 12:24 PM

Startime ~ I am a touchie, feely kinda girl I think, and my feelings come out pretty intense sometimes.  Thank you for sharing some of my feelings with me.

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
22 posted 2001-12-20 12:58 PM

this touches my heart deeply...and you went and made me cry!
Soleil Noir
since 2001-12-19
Posts 688
USA
23 posted 2001-12-20 10:34 AM

You may touch and feel
my heart with your words,
anytime.

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
24 posted 2001-12-20 11:02 AM

Sea ~ Thanks for reading.

Soleil Noir ~ (what a lovely name) Thank you.

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (12-20-2001 11:03 AM).]

Suetang
Member Ascendant
since 2001-03-07
Posts 5187
Melbourne, Australia
25 posted 2001-12-20 07:55 PM

Hello Sharon
Oh, how well I can relate to this heartfelt but sorrowful piece.  Such sadness within your beautiful words of love and what a comfort this beautiful place under the willow tree must give you.  I have a couple of places of "comfort" I visit regularly as I seek for answers.  This was such a beautiful, touching tribute, written from the warmest of souls.
Take care my friend......Sue

Below is a quote from a lovely book I have on friendship and I just wanted to share it with you :

IT DIDN'T MATTER
THAT SOME OF THOSE FRIENDS
WHO WERE THERE FOR US WERE FRIENDS
WE HAD NOT SEEN OFTEN
WHAT MATTERED
IS THAT WHEN WE NEEDED THEM
THE TIE WAS THERE
AND THEY CAME TO HELP
IN ANY WAY THEY COULD

Suetang

Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
26 posted 2001-12-20 09:32 PM

Goodness...how unkind of me to go so many
posts without reading and responding to what
must be the most personally touching poem I
have seen from a lady's heart and soul...

This is special to you...and I thank you for
giving it to us..

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
27 posted 2001-12-20 10:10 PM

Oh Sue, thank you so very much for taking the trouble to put that quote there, and I have printed that and will take that one to heart.  Take care and I send you a hug as well at this time of year, take care and Merry Christmas.

Magnus ~ I thank you so very kindly for you kind response, as she was very, very special to me, yes.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » You Are There, Here With Me (Lady In White's Challenge)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary