navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » In Silent Echo
Open Poetry #17
Post A Reply Post New Topic In Silent Echo Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2001-12-11 10:22 PM

In Silent Echo

Can't you hear me calling you?
I plead into the night;
Silence simply echoes back,
Indifferent to my plight.

Crouched in singularity,
Resigned to wanton fate …

Isolated in a world,
Where others congregate …

Can't you take away my fear?
I call toward the sky;
Refusing to reply.

Caught within this void of time,
No hope to call my own …

Ravaged by the years of doubt,
The seeds that I have sown …

Can't you see my tears this night?
I whisper to the breeze;
A vacant, ghostly tease.

Sheltered by the barriers,
I build within my mind …

Hidden by obscurity,
Through destiny - resigned …

Can't you recognize my pain?
I beg the gentle wind;
Silence simply echoes back …

I fade into pretend.

/Kit McCallum

© Copyright 2001 Kit McCallum - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2001-12-11 10:26 PM

(big hugggsssssss) Oh Kim, I hope you're OK, this poem had me crying for you! (sigh) My heart is always with you, and whenever you need someone to talk to, I am always here, sweet Kim! (kiss on cheek) God Bless You, sweet friend, we all love you so ver ymuch! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Kim, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA
2 posted 2001-12-11 10:27 PM

Kit,

Such good writing.. but so sad   *hugs* to you.

Hugs,
Tara

"My heart is like an open book, for the whole world to read"
     - Motley Crue, Home Sweet Home

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

3 posted 2001-12-11 10:27 PM

was just going to bed and read this.  You are never alone, dear lady, I heard much in this....much indeed.

Kathleen (Kay)
"When red-haired girls scamper like roses over the rain-green grass, and the sun drips honey."
Laurie Lee

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
4 posted 2001-12-11 10:32 PM

I like the last line here. . . "I fade into pretend. . . "  as if, you weren't real to begin with. . .

well done. . .

-----------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Tracey
Member Elite
since 2001-08-29
Posts 2808
where insanity meets breeding
5 posted 2001-12-11 10:34 PM

This speaks very strongly to my feelings of a few nights ago. Sometimes we need to just wallow in those feelings for a while. The world moves so quickly, sometimes we feel we're being left behind, and we just need these moments to ourselves to regather, regroup and renew. Different style from what I'm used to seeing from you Kit. I like this.

If she who dies with the most toys wins, then can I have some toy boys please?

Shadowed_Innersense
since 2001-12-05
Posts 49
somewhere at the edge
6 posted 2001-12-11 10:40 PM

Great depth and need to share ...
This is a beautiful look to the innerself.
I hope that you never hear the echo but an honest response to that which you have to share.

Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
7 posted 2001-12-11 10:43 PM

*sigh* I share this feeling with you. That is when I find myself writing one of my fantasies....then I do not have to listen to the silence the answers the call of my heart. **big hugs** I hope the echo you hear will soon be one the echoes the desires of your heart.

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

8 posted 2001-12-11 11:38 PM

Your versitility as a writer is showing here...
from one who is known for her ballads and story poems...comes this succinct, sharp
emotive piece..and even in your consisce wording your gift of cadence still shines in this melancholy gem of pen.
I like seeing poets reach and grow into new styles.
Well done dear poetess of the smiles.    

Its not like you to say sorry,
I was waitin on a different story.
This time I'm mistaken ...
for handing you a heart worth breaking.

Nickleback

Eloise
since 1999-11-27
Posts 1096
Wyoming
9 posted 2001-12-11 11:43 PM

An excellent write Kit.  Always enjoy reading your work.  
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
10 posted 2001-12-12 01:29 AM

Kit,
Guess we all land there on occasion, huh? Great write and loved how you formatted. Very effective.  

The past is history and the future is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why it is the present!

Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
11 posted 2001-12-12 08:47 AM

This is excellent writing, Kit... really enjoyed reading this one from you...

regards,
sudhir

True Reflections
since 2001-12-04
Posts 143
Ohio, USA
12 posted 2001-12-12 09:57 AM

Kit,
This is extremely good. My favorite of yours so far. You really capture the helplessness and hopelessness of feeling alone with one's thoughts and fears.

Roger

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
13 posted 2001-12-12 10:04 AM

Kit~

'I fade into pretend.'

Wowser for such a poignant piece~
Felt this piece deeply~

So many are 'Isolated in a world,
Where others congregate …

Reaching out ... I can gather a few in ...
I must do more~   And so I shall ~
*Hugs*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
       noles1@totcon.com                  

vandana
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Patricius
since 1999-10-22
Posts 10463
USA
14 posted 2001-12-12 10:30 AM

enjoyed
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
15 posted 2001-12-12 10:50 AM

I do so like it when poets stretch beyond the who and what of their normal "write" and touch upon senses and sensations that are not their "norm"....

this is a Keeper, Kit....thank you for sharing!

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
16 posted 2001-12-12 11:19 AM

Kit,
You have the heart of a poet and I know it. *L*

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
17 posted 2001-12-12 02:39 PM

From the time I first saw your name this morning, I've been stealing moments from work to read poems, with ever-increasing anticipation to read the one that called me first and kept me from giving in to the werk monster... So you can imagine what a jolt I got when I read the first line. *S*

This is incredible, Kit... so powerful and poignant and flawlessly written... and so representative of the smothering aloneness that gnaws at so many people this time of year... and those are the lucky ones who only have to endure it seasonally.

The depths of your compassion is exceeded only by the breadth of your talent.

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
18 posted 2001-12-12 05:58 PM

Oh, Kit this is fantastic. I wish I did not feel like this, but you almost expressed my feelings exactly. Amazing.
Sandra

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
19 posted 2001-12-12 06:23 PM

How beautiful Kit, words that moved my heart.

((hugs))
charisma

~*Theresia~*  

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
20 posted 2001-12-12 06:35 PM

Kit...enjoyed this change of style in your writing so much!  
Take care, my friend.
~hugs, Nancy~  

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
21 posted 2001-12-12 09:41 PM

Very well expressed...hugs to you...James
vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...
22 posted 2001-12-12 09:45 PM

Kit-
   Wow...this is wonderful!  
   Such a powerful and touching piece.
   Thank you for sharing this.
   Hugs,
   ~Vicky

"...until you have read the verse on his heart,
you have not truly met the poet.
~vlraynes

[This message has been edited by vlraynes (edited 12-12-2001).]

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
23 posted 2001-12-13 12:05 PM

Flawless writing, Kit! This moves so smoothly...

"crouched in singularity"....perfect! You are indeed an incredible poetess  

amusemi
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1262
A State of Disarray
24 posted 2001-12-13 12:10 PM

Speechless.
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
25 posted 2001-12-13 06:55 AM

Mistletoe Angel: Thank you sweet Noah … I'm OK … just doing a little reflection at this time of year, many hugs in return.  

rosepetals25:  Thank you for the kind words Tara, big hugs back to you!  

Irish Rose:  There is often much behind the words that surface now and again, thank you for your understanding Kathleen, hugs to you!  

Sven:  Thank you for letting me know you enjoyed that line Sven … sometimes nothing feels real to me, and that line did actually evolve from that feeling. Big hugs!  

Tracey:  I'm glad you enjoyed and could relate to this piece Tracey. We do need to wallow in those feelings once in a while when they surface. Many thanks and hugs.  

Shadowed_Innersense:  What a lovely response Shadowed_Innersense. Welcome to Passions, and thank you for such a wonderful comment. Hugs to you!  

Startime:  I find I'll often do the same thing Karen … I think that's why I end up writing so many story poems of inspiration … they often quell the sad ones for a time. Big hugs for your understanding.  

Janet Marie:  Your beautiful comments always make me smile JM … thank you for these lovely words my friend. I do like to take that pen out for a stretch now and again for a little exercise, LOL. Big hugs to you!  

Eloise:  Thank you so much for the kind thoughts Eloise, I'm glad you enjoyed this piece. Many hugs!  

Larry C:  We do all land there on occasion Larry … and when we do, I find it does help to write it out. I'm glad you liked the formatting, much appreciated. Hugs to you!  

Sudhir Iyer:  Always wonderful to hear from you Sudhir, and thank your for your warm regards, many hugs to you!  

True Reflections:  Thank you for this lovely comment Roger … I'm glad I was able to capture these aspects you noted through this piece, big hugs!  

Marge Tindal:  You do so much already Marge … and yet somehow, dear heart, I know you "will" continue to gather more in. Big hugs to you for your wonderful heart!  

Vandana: I'm glad you enjoyed Vandana … thanks so much, hugs to you!  

Sunshine:  I'm glad you enjoyed the variation Karilea. Every once in a while I have to force myself away from the rhythm of the ballad and stretch my pen a bit. Thanks for enjoying … big hugs to you!  

Seymour Tabin:  Awww, thank you Sy … I think only another poet can see so deeply into the heart of another. I'm glad you are a kindred heart, many hugs to you!  

Southern:  That must have been a bit of a shocker Suthern, LOL.  I was calling you from a distance, and I'm so glad you answered the call. What a lovely comment … you've warmed my heart, thank you. Big, big hugs!  

Catalinamoon: Although I wish you did not know this feeling Sandra, I do appreciate knowing that I am not alone. Thank you for letting me know this touched you … sending big hugs your way!  

Charisma:  Thank you so much for letting me know this moved your heart Charisma, very much appreciated, big hugs to you!  

Enchantress:  I'm glad you enjoyed this change of style Nancy. Every once in a while I like to play with different rhythms and formats, even a limerick or two, just to get a little exercise, lol. Much appreciated, big hugs!  

JamesMichael:  Thank you for enjoying this piece James, I'm glad you liked the expression in this piece. Big hugs to you!  

Vlraynes:  Thank you so much for the kind words Vicky, I'm glad this piece came across in this way, many hugs to you!  

Balladeer:  Oh, I'm glad you liked that line Michael. It was the line that started this piece … the other words were built around it. Thanks for letting me know sweet poet. Big, big hugs to you!  

Amusemi:  LOL … and thank you for that comment Amusemi, it is very much appreciated, hugs to you!  

Much appreciation to all
/Kit

Parker
Member Elite
since 2000-01-06
Posts 3129
ON
26 posted 2001-12-13 06:49 PM

Very powerful stuff. Deep inner longing I get from it. I think you stole it from my life....  

Parker

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
27 posted 2005-08-05 12:48 PM

I have no idea how I missed this before, but considering I could have written this word for word, (that is if I could write like this I mean.)  I am glad I found it now.  I have the same problem no one listens to me, no one!

I give up looking for the animal vs man poem will wait I guess (not my nature) but I will wait.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » In Silent Echo

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary