navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » Whispers Of Dawn Margie girls Challenge
Open Poetry #17
Post A Reply Post New Topic Whispers Of Dawn Margie girls Challenge Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England

0 posted 2001-12-02 05:59 PM

~ Whispers Of Dawn ~

Softly the breeze feathers against your skin so warm
And the air carries with it that hint of early morn
When the sky goes that unearthly ethereal hue
And the sun is poised to spread her dappled dew
There in the whisper of dawn you might meet me
As I wander the canyons of forgotten dreams silently
If you see a figure pass through the misted light
It’s only me floating pass as I head towards daylight

When the whispers of dawn summon you from night
And your dreams are filled with the softest of light
In those moments as you coast towards the new day
Maybe you’ll see me in the shadows where I stay
Within dreams that are nothing but a sweet memory
Perhaps you will still see a fleeting shadow of me
Don’t turn around to find me because I’ve gone by
There’s only memories of my wondering soft sigh

If you feel a touch like a kiss from a dreamers lips
And you can almost imagine you feel my fingertips
In the whispers of dawn it might well have been me
As I gathered blooms in the garden of lovers memory
If you catch a glimpse of a butterfly close to you
And its wings waft air scented with lover’s dew
If in the smoky light you think I’m flitting on by
Within that soft breeze hear me sighing goodbye

Marsha

To give light to them that sit in darkness..... to guide our feet into the way of peace St John ch2 v1

© Copyright 2001 Marsha Grace Melody Todd - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2001-12-02 06:17 PM

(sigh) Oh Marsha, this is soooooooo beautiful! You are a lovely butterfly to us all, always flittering across this blue eyes, sharing love and flittering free with laughter! (smiles) You met the challenge so beautifully! I love it!!! (kiss on cheek) You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Marsha, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

2 posted 2001-12-02 08:12 PM

Beautiful, soft and lovely, Marsha!
EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
3 posted 2001-12-02 09:07 PM

wouldnt that be something.. to meet someone you know in your dreams..
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
4 posted 2001-12-03 12:37 PM

Very nicely done, Marsha. I like the "feathery" touch and the soft butterfly whisper. A beautiful challenge reply. Good luck!
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
5 posted 2001-12-03 12:52 PM

Oh, yes, mushy! You did VERY well with this one....it has a mystic and etheral quality to it which is very pleasing...well done!!!!
peaches73533
since 2001-11-04
Posts 981
OK, USA
6 posted 2001-12-03 02:38 AM

Very beautiful and very well written fro beginning to end.
PEaches

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
7 posted 2001-12-03 06:23 AM

Mushy,
you know I love this, but do you know how much...ooodles and scoodles.
Keth

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

Lady In White
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-12
Posts 2799
USA
8 posted 2001-12-03 09:46 AM

In so many ways, I can appreciate this for two things - one, it shows the growth of your poetry, in calmness from which it came, a centering, if you will, from what is most important...

and two?  For seeing you come back home to Passions!  It's been a while, my dear.  Now, sit down, have some wine and crackers, tell me what's been going on.  And for pity sake, write a bit more before you off and disappear again, my Phoenix friend...

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
9 posted 2001-12-03 10:01 AM

soooooooooooo gooooooooooooo to see you posting Mushy Marsha.....
And this poem is truly a treat to read....love it  

(((Hugs)))
Charisma

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
10 posted 2001-12-03 08:03 PM

Marsha-Marsha-Marsha~
My dear girl ... I LOVE challenging you~
You take the 'bait' like a pro ...~
This is stunning AND it 'shows to go ya' ...
that you need to be writing MORE and MORE~

Welcome back to the fold, darling girl~
I love you~
*Hugs*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
     noles1@totcon.com                

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
11 posted 2001-12-03 09:51 PM

Noah darling boy, thank you, surely you haven't missed me, there's absolutely droves of wonderful real writers here. I as you know was only playing. Yes I know it shows. Truth to tell I only wrote this because I wanted to try for that book. I'm really pleased you like it. but I know you're really just being kind

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

Denise dear heart, thank you, it was supposed to be soft and dreamy, I hope I hit that at least   You are also too kind

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

Eagle Scorpion, ahhh well, I often meet people I know in my dreams, this however was more sort of someone I used to know.    

Love and warm stuff
as always
Mushy

Midnitesun, thank you muchly,  
I'm glad you liked the feathery dreamy touch. That was what I wanted  

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

'Deer dear heart, Thank you, and you know I don't believe a word of it. It's all very well you saying how good this is darling boy, but then you write a masterpiece that blows this out of the water hmmmm. (tsk some friend!)  kiss: And to top it all you made me cry, I mean really, is that kind or socialble? It's all very well for you, some of us wanted this book you know. (shall I go and sulk?) No I'd better not Green isn't my color. I knew I didn't stand a hope in hells chance anyway but with you entering the lists I should have known better.   Okay I forgive you, but only because you are too good, and you can't help having an abundance of talent I suppose.  

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

Peaches thank you so very much, it isn't a patch on the two people either side of you. Their respective poems are utterly wonderful. If you don't believe me go and read them. They really are terrific. I ought to be by rights incredibly jealous, but is the candle jealous of the sun? No exactly, it's pointless, so I'll be the little candle, and they can be the sun and the stars.

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

Keth darling sister of my heart, yes I know you said you liked it daring girl, and then you went and capped it again with another beauty. I know it was a deliberate ploy. Margie girl, I object Keth cheated now don't go protesting your innocence to Margie girl, she won't believe you. (Will you darling sister). Besides you know you only want to beat me because you like to win.......Haven't you sabbotaged me enough today wth the red rimmed eyes and the the blotchy face? HHmmmmmmmmm? Yes darling sister mine, now stop winning.

Love and warm stuff
As always
Slushy

Lady, thank you so muchly, I won't promise to be here everyday, but I do promise to be here more often. I truly didn't think you'd miss me much. I know, I don't think enough. Well, thank you for missing me and thank you for saying my writing has grown. Although let's face it, it could have done with it. However I shan't get too puffed up in my own esteem, I know I have a hell of a long way to go before I am even in the foothills. Whereas you and the rest of my friends here have "Already been to the mountain and looked over to the promised land". (Is that a quote from Martin Luthor King?) Anyway you have and I'm just now beginning my trek  

Love and warm stuff
As always
Puck

Charisma darling girl, thank you muchly,   I don't deserve your praise, but it's soooooooo goooooooooood to hear it anyway  

Love and warm stuff
as always
Mushy

Margie girl darling sister of my heart, well, thank you soooooooo much, I could brush this off and say no it was something I just jotted down, but I didn't, I did do some work on this. I really wanted that book haven't you got one I can have as a boobby prize? I know, it's going to go to the best, but Margie darling girl,..... Oh well, c'est la vie. It's no good I'll just have to con it out of the eventual winner.
I'm glad you like it darling girl. But the Butterscotch Sky one is really only a bit of fun, it's just an antidote to Keth and 'Deer making me sob my eyes out. I needed to cheer up.
And in case I've not told you lately I love you too. (And no eveyone else I'm not currying favour, Margie girl is above that sort of thing, otherwise I'd try bribery and corruption, I'd try anything me)

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

To give light to them that sit in darkness..... to guide our feet into the way of peace St John ch2 v1

[This message has been edited by Marsha (edited 12-03-2001).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » Whispers Of Dawn Margie girls Challenge

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary