navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Thoughts Wrapped In Tickles
Open Poetry #16
Post A Reply Post New Topic Thoughts Wrapped In Tickles Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2001-11-04 12:37 PM

~*~ Thoughts Wrapped In Tickles ~*~

Brushing a lock of hair aside
I kiss my beautiful little angel’s cheek.
As I look at her I pray on day
she’ll know the gift she’s given me.

I tried to feel it in an evening breeze,
Or in each warming ray of the sun,
but ice had encased my misused heart,
it could not find a place to grow.

Each prism of God's rainbows
faded from my mind without any splendor.
My solace became the moon and stars,
evening hid years of tears and emptiness.

In the moonlight I prayed,
and wondered will the feeling ever come?
I dreamt of it turning to dust,
decomposing as autumn leaves, eluding me.

Others felt it, embracing openly.
Was I never to feel its gentle touch?
Then there was a miracle, her!
Heart of my heart, flesh of my flesh.

When we met the winds shifted currents,
in every breeze of the mountains and sea,
I began to hear a soft lullaby,
feel thoughts of her wrapped in tickles.

A little miracle found my heart,
opened and warmed its very core.
She lives where no one else has ever seen.
In a heart filled with forever love.

Now as I await a second little angel to love,
and it seems like only yesterday she was born.
How blessed am I to watch them both grow an inch,
and so shall my love and thoughts that tickle.

~*~   ~*~   ~*~   ~*~   ~*~   ~*~

I wrote this about my darling little angel, my Granddaughter. Children seem to grow up way too fast and there hardly seems enough time in a day to love them enough, but please try to make that time.  In these pictures she is 2 weeks old, and 2 years old (she is 3 now). I love this child more than life itself, and I will be blessed with another grandchild hopefully any day now but she is being stubborn just like her Gramma!  

~*~   ~*~   ~*~   ~*~   ~*~   ~*~

music is Heaven's Heartbeat

~*~  Carpe' Diem  ~*~

© Copyright 2001 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

1 posted 2001-11-04 12:43 PM

This is precious, Sharon! Grandchildren are the most special gifts, aren't they?!
RSWells
Member Elite
since 2001-06-17
Posts 2533

2 posted 2001-11-04 01:20 AM

Ahhhhhh~~Miracles indeed! When it seems such tiny innocent and dependent seeds couldn't possibly garner any more of our nuturing Love, we manage to cultivate an adoration in direct proportion to their every breath, the growth of every inch, the addition of every new hair and sad yet inevitable cognition of real life. The Love of our offspring (and their's) is as perfect as it gets.
peaches73533
since 2001-11-04
Posts 981
OK, USA
3 posted 2001-11-04 01:43 AM

This is amazing.I love it.It's like you just spoke from your heart and the words were just flowing like smooth river waters.
Peaches

Katherine Chandler
since 2001-03-07
Posts 280
Florida, USA
4 posted 2001-11-04 02:49 AM

Your creative talents never stop amazing me~ this is so beautiful Sharon. I am so happy for you and soon this new little bundle of giggles will bless your world once again. You have so much love inside to give~ always allow this precious part of you to shine dear heart..

God bless

Katie

'At this point in my life I'd like to live as if only love mattered..'  Tracy Chapman

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
5 posted 2001-11-04 08:38 AM

And now you shall be doubly blessed, dear Mysteria... I'm very happy for you - Munchkins are soooo special - Nicely said...
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
6 posted 2001-11-04 08:39 AM

What a lovely poem for your angel. I have the same relationship with my oldest granddaughter, Savanna, as you may have noticed in the poems I write about her, too! I think there is never another quite like the first, though you alwyas love the others too. Thanks for sharing this, I wish I could tell Savanna I wrote it for her! (I save and print all my poems for her and put them in a grandmother book for when she is big)
Sandra

SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown
7 posted 2001-11-04 08:55 AM

Awww! She is so precious! And so lucky to have you as her grandma. This is a beautiful poem for her. Thank you for sharing this.
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
8 posted 2001-11-04 09:27 AM

"A little miracle found my heart,
opened and warmed its very core.
She lives where no one else has ever seen.
In a heart filled with forever love."

Wonderful Sharon!  I loved your phrasing in this verse above particularly ... so beautifully spoken. They are treasures indeed, and you must be on pins and needles awaiting the arrival of your next little bundle of joy!  I can't wait to read about the new little arrival!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
9 posted 2001-11-04 09:39 AM

Give Tori a hug from yet another grandmother...and hope to see the new one safe and sound when the time is right...

So enjoyed!

A Whisper's Caress
since 2000-11-03
Posts 791
on the horizon of a fairytale
10 posted 2001-11-04 09:44 AM

absolutely beautiful child.
Lovely thoughts in tickles.
prayers that all goes well with the
new baby.

Look into the eyes of a man and
you will find the soul of the woman
who loves him...

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
11 posted 2001-11-04 10:29 AM

Awwwww Sharon...What a baby can do...melt the heart of you, bring smiles of happiness too...

Thank you for this beautiful Sunday poem of love.  Will be waiting for news of the new one.  Hugs!

Flutterwings
since 2001-07-10
Posts 288
Maine
12 posted 2001-11-04 10:48 AM

Yes, Sharon, you are blessed to be able to be with your grand children, and they are also fortunate to have you with them. You and Tori compliment the gorgeous harbor behind you. Thanks for the tickles... you always have a way of sucking me right into that special, loving corner of your soul.
Maggie ((~.~))

Martha Cowan
since 2001-03-08
Posts 240
Groves, Texas
13 posted 2001-11-04 11:14 AM

How is it that you know so perfectly how to turn on the faucet of tears from my heart?
Sharon...this was spoken with the tenderness only a grandmother would know how to capture ~ and with the graceful beauty that only YOU know how to convey with the greatest of ease.
Thank you for starting my day off with smiles, and for touching my heart in places that you seem to find effortlessly.
Hugs and much love to you and Tori...and the new angel awaiting arrival into a family that will embrace her with more love than she could ever wish for.
Love ya muches, always, ~*~dawnie~*~

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
14 posted 2001-11-04 11:29 AM

(tears fall down my cheeks) Awwwwww, this is sooooooo beautiful, this brought tears to my eyes to feel the love of your gorgeous heart for this sweet girl. (sigh) She is so lucky to have such a beautiful grandmother..you! (smiles) It is sad indeed to see children grow up so fast, but as long as we have the time to share with them always, how blessed we can be. (big hugggsssssss) I love you, sweet friend! (kiss on cheek) You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Sharon, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
15 posted 2001-11-04 02:23 PM

~*~ Thank you one and all for sharing ~*~

I see a lot of "Super Grams" came to read this one, and aren't you glad we are so young to be able to fully enjoy them?  I know I am!  I never got to go on swings and monkeybars when I was a kid, and hey what about that "Chunky Cheese playroom" or MacDonalds even? And just think with every new grandchild you get to do it all again!

In all seriousness, there is truly NO love like the one of a Mother or Grandmother.  I never experienced it so I decided I was going to be the best darn Mother and Grandmother this world ever saw! I found being a Grandmother the most intense kind of love I have ever known, even more than motherhood.  I look at her and every time, my insides flutter like on a "first kiss" is the only way I can put it.

Thank you for peeking at my angel.  God bless and send you love.

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (edited 11-04-2001).]

The Rusty Knight
since 2001-08-29
Posts 414
Texas
16 posted 2001-11-04 02:30 PM

I love the title.  Grand kids seem to bring out the kid in all of us and great poems in some.  *S*  You can usually tell a grandmother in a crowd, her purse has to be big enough to carry her photo album.

Dan

Death comes not when we cease to breathe, but when we cease to dream.

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
17 posted 2001-11-04 04:47 PM

Rusty Knight ~ Brother I would need one big purse, I keep most of the pictures on the computer! LOL, thank you.

~*~  Carpe' Diem  ~*~

Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
18 posted 2001-11-04 06:35 PM

Through your pictures and your words...YOU
have shown such love for a beautiful little
angel that is now very much part of your heart.  I loved all of this.

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
19 posted 2001-11-04 09:05 PM

Magnus ~ Now if that wasn't the nicest darn thing I have ever heard, so I will wish that YOU too feel this kind of love in your life.
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
20 posted 2001-11-04 09:39 PM

STANDING OVATION!!!! I know just how you feel. My oldest grandchild is 7 and then I have one 3 and one 2....it seems they grow up faster than their parents did. I LOVE THIS WONDERFUL POEM.  

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
21 posted 2001-11-04 09:56 PM

Oh Sharon!  Even the title "Wrapped In Tickles" says so much.  No there is nothing like having grandchildren to enjoy this time of life with!  
~hugs to you my friend, and Tori, who's baby sister is being just like a woman in the 'getting ready' department!~
Have to look just right for the cameras, at her debut!  
Much love to you and the kidlets!  Nancy.

~Time has cast a spell on you,
So that you won't ever forget me.~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Thoughts Wrapped In Tickles

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary