navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Butterfly Blue
Open Poetry #16
Post A Reply Post New Topic Butterfly Blue Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2001-11-02 05:15 PM

~*~
There are all kinds of abuse, and mental abuse is one form that you just can't see.  It hurts just as much, if not more than physical abuse, and the scars left are not visible but can sometimes take a lifetime to go away.  This is written for those (not only women) who have suffered from this abuse and are yet to take back their power, or be given their freedom to be all that they can be.
May you all find the strength to fly and set your spirit free.

~*~

~*~ Butterfly Blue ~*~

I freeze with bitter tears flowing.
Pain shrouds my frozen heart.
I’m alone and lost in darkness,
Lost, knowing not where to start.

Peeking through, a beam of light
has slowly crept into my view.
I’ve lived in total darkness,
but I hid it well from you.

The layers you created of self-hatred,
so destructive to my soul,
are suddenly dissolving,
where they once had full control.

What this before my eyes I see?
a butterfly wing, partially in view?
It’s so delicate, intricate and lovely,
with colors bright and new.

I feel the shedding of another layer,
and my heart begins to smile.
I shed the guilt and anger,
that has kept me so long in denial.

I see a beautiful butterfly arise
and completely shed its skin,
and with tears of joy I realize,
it’s a mirror I’m looking in.

No longer in your bondage,
It’s clear, I can finally see,
I gave you all my power,
Now, I’ve taken it back for me.

~*~

~*~

music: "Enchantment"
art: Linda Bergvist

~*~  Carpe' Diem  ~*~

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (edited 11-02-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
1 posted 2001-11-02 05:29 PM

Oh Mysteria! This a very touching write.
I know what it feels like to be verbally abused and yes it hurts so much.
You have a such a caring, loving heart!
You're an angel! Thank you for sharing this.

Love,
RP

Lady In White
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-12
Posts 2799
USA
2 posted 2001-11-02 05:31 PM

Do you know how well your words speak, even without the lovely graphics?

Thank you!

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2001-11-02 05:32 PM

(tears fall down my cheeks) Oh my gosh, this is so so sad and heartbreaking! (sad sigh) My heart cries out to all who have been through abuse, for I too have been through physical and emotional abuse by schoo, boys and by my peers. (sad sigh) Your beautiful compassionate heart reaches out in this poem! (kiss on cheek) God Bless You! (sigh) You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Sharon, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
4 posted 2001-11-02 05:45 PM

Sorry I haven't been answering your poems lately, too many things to do.

This is a beautiful poem, thank you

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Feel free to use the pictures on my website. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace/

Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
5 posted 2001-11-02 05:57 PM

*tear* again you do it to me, my friend. Again without knowing it you touch my heart and I weep tears from too many memories. In my life I have experienced all forms of abuse but the one which I have known most about is the emotional abuse of a man does to a woman who he wants total control of. It takes years to stop, understand, deal with and become strong and independent again after this kind of abuse. I am still working on being my own person. For the first time in my life I am discovering who I AM!!!I have found that I love music and not just the kind I was allowed to listen to. I have discover a joy of not only reading words but of writing them as well. The world has come alive for me as I have opened my eyes to see life and beauty all around me. *sigh* I go on too much here. Do you have any idea how much your poem means to one such as I? You are a messenger of light and love that gives strength to carry on no matter the mountains to over come. Thank you. I love for what you do. You touch my heart deeper than I can even say.

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

The Rusty Knight
since 2001-08-29
Posts 414
Texas
6 posted 2001-11-02 06:21 PM

My heart goes out to you,

I watched my youngest daughter go through this with a boy friend.  Total isolation from friends and family.  I watched for too long as he told her what she could and could not do, what she could and could not wear and who she could and could not talk too.  But when the bruses started showing up I watched not longer.  She is better now, but she is still not back to her old self.
All men are not like that, but one is too many.  I have printed the poem out and will give it too her.  Thank you for putting into words what a lot of people need to here.

Dan

Death comes not when we cease to breathe, but when we cease to dream.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
7 posted 2001-11-02 06:50 PM

Sharon, Thank you for this one.  I have my own very personal reasons for appreciating this piece.  Well done and hugs to you.  ~Nancy~

~Time has cast a spell on you,
So that you won't ever forget me.~

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
8 posted 2001-11-02 07:24 PM

relating to this with all my soul.....I love this and am keeping it!
SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown
9 posted 2001-11-02 07:33 PM

Mysteria, this is so touching. This is just beautiful and so true. I have been through many types of abuse. and I think emotional abuse is worse than any other. Sometimes the scars don't ever go away. Thank you for sharing this.

Flutterwings
since 2001-07-10
Posts 288
Maine
10 posted 2001-11-02 07:55 PM

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sharon! Take your power back girl!   You've expressed with much vision the pain of being emotionally abused.... how terribly hard it is to heal the wound. But, you've dipped your pen in the bloody tears and came up with a winner.

~ Fly away beautiful lady, fly away~

Maggie ((~.~))

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
11 posted 2001-11-02 08:09 PM

quote:
No longer in your bondage,
It’s clear, I can finally see,
I gave you all my power,
Now, I’ve taken it back for me.

that is so very very awesome, sharon... you are a wonderful lady with a beautiful talent of writing and these lines i truly needed tonight......

thank you so much for this (((hugs)))

Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
12 posted 2001-11-02 08:13 PM

So well expressed, Sharon, this touches me more than you could ever know.  Lets just say that my mom and I thank you for this ~ well know all too well~

Thank you for sharing  

Take care,
Melissa~

"Poetry is not an opinion expressed...
it is a song that rises from a bleeding
wound...or a smiling mouth"

~Kahlil Gibran~

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
13 posted 2001-11-02 09:07 PM

~*~ Thank You All ~*~

This is one time I am going to admit that I speak from experience in this poem.  I was held in mental bondage as are many, and I know it is not only women believe it or not.  When someone controls you they take your spirit and life become mechanical, and often one lives in fear.  No one ever will belittle me again, no one!  So to the ladies still taking this abuse I have to say, "it's just stuff", leave it behind and get a life for yourself where there is air to breathe and fly free like a butterfly!

~*~  Carpe' Diem  ~*~

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

14 posted 2001-11-02 11:16 PM

You had me from the title...
this is indeed powerful but most of all empowering...by sharing your life's hard learned lessons you help others find their way...you give them a choice and you give healing a voice.
Very well done Sharon...Butterfly Poetess  

I can be your hero baby ... I will kiss away the pain
I will stand by you forever ... you still take my breath away ...

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
15 posted 2001-11-03 12:57 PM

Janet Marie ~ I didn't really realize it until you said it there, I am really "into" butterflies aren't I? LOL, and sometimes I think I was put on earth to "live more than I wanted to", in order to share it, so others may live a little less.  Rambling...thank you sweet JM.

~*~  Carpe' Diem  ~*~

Martha Cowan
since 2001-03-08
Posts 240
Groves, Texas
16 posted 2001-11-06 07:31 PM

A tragic event in life that couldn't have been stated more precisely.  Having been there myself, as you know...I felt so many of the verses spoken directly from my own heart.  May the chains of abuse be broken in each and every life...to find the tattered spirit emerging upon beautiful new wings that lift them into healing and happiness.
Hugs and smiles to you, always....~*~dawn~*~

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
17 posted 2001-11-06 08:41 PM

sharon~

this was probably one of the most
touching and heartfelt poems I've
ever had the pleasure of reading. you
have penned the experiences of many
women and men, in such a way that I
am sure EVERYONE at this forum can relate
to, regardless if its from personal experience or not. May God always bless you
and allow you to keep soaring!
God Bless.
Take care.
Amy  

"I could kiss you in
the rain forever.
Turn all of your pain to pleasure
Fill up your days with
sunlight, make the
passion last every night"

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
18 posted 2001-11-06 08:49 PM

Not only are you beautiful...you are so powerful in this write...I can't even describe how this touches me....just know that you have made me believe in the power of verse...and your heart is most glorious in this sharing...No one has the right to steal the wings from our being. From my heart to yours. {{Hugs!}}

Sincerely,
Regina

It's all in the mind
Except for what's in the heart.
http://www.mygem.net/heartquill

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
19 posted 2001-11-06 08:49 PM

Dawn ~ Sister of my heart, yes I know you will know this poem well, and look at you fly girl!  Thanks for your lovely comment.

Aimster ~ I want to thank you so much for your wonderful words, and I am sure there are millions of healing hearts and souls finding their wings for sure.  Thanks again.

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
20 posted 2001-11-06 08:53 PM

Regina ~ You snuck in while I was thanking others, and missed you.  My such a compliment and it is hard for people that have been really thrashed about to receive those, but what the heck -  Thank you!  I appreciate your reading what I try to write from somewhere inside of me, and enjoyed it.  Thanks.

~*~  Carpe' Diem  ~*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Butterfly Blue

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary