navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » So Lonely...
Open Poetry #16
Post A Reply Post New Topic So Lonely... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mon Cherie
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-31
Posts 922
Land of Never-ending Summers

0 posted 2001-10-31 11:31 PM

So lonely is the girl
who stands solitary in the crowded room
waiting for him to come.

So lonely is she
when she stares at her watch.
Is this another futile wait?

So lonely is her heart
as it cries out for another
to welcome her into his open arms.

So lonely is her empty mind
as memories of the time they shared
goes fleeting pass her eyes.

So lonely is the girl
who walked slowly through the crowd
knowing that it was not meant to be.

So lonely is she
when she looks back.
Did he mean a word he say?

So lonely is her heart
as her eyes welled up with tears
that burnt deep down into her soul.

So lonely is her mind
where many empty promises laid
mocking the silly naive girl inside.

When would I be lonely no more?

© Copyright 2001 Mon Cherie - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2001-11-01 02:50 AM

Mon Cherie,
Not much worse than being lonely in a room full of people. Don't despair, this is a nice place. You expressed your experience well. I enjoyed.  

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
2 posted 2001-11-01 05:12 AM

Mon Cherie:  I have read this piece 3 times already and each time I am inspired by your writings - you write very well and I look forward to reading more of your work
Roniece

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2001-11-01 03:00 PM

Reminded me of the time I was going to meet my girlfriend in the mall and she was about fifteen minutes late and I was wondering where she was and then I remembered I had kept her waiting about ten or fifteen minutes the last time I had picked her up and so when she arrived I said "Are you trying to get even with me for the last time."  And she said "That's right."  James
Interloper
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-06
Posts 8369
Deep in the heart
4 posted 2001-11-01 03:08 PM

You are never alone when you are at peace with yourself

Fool, said my Muse to me, look in thy heart and write.

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
5 posted 2001-11-01 03:42 PM

sometimes we are more lonely in a crowd of people than we are when we are quietly enjoying being alone with ourselves

loneliness is very hard... and as i said in a poem, "the thing about loneliness is it doesn't really care".... i believe human companionship to be as vital to the human spirit as water and food are to the human body... the good thing about it is that there are many many people in this world and all we have to do is look around and there's someone right there to help alleviate the loneliness..

or then again, we could just stay home, eat peanut butter sandwiches and cry and sulk ... that's what i do any way... LOL!!!!!  

thanks for the read.... very heartfelt writing here  

Mon Cherie
since 2001-10-31
Posts 922
Land of Never-ending Summers
6 posted 2001-11-16 09:46 AM

Larry: Yes, sometimes being with lots of people doesn't necessarily mean that you're not lonely.    

Roniece: You read this piece THREE times??!! :P Wow. Thanks! But are you sure it was not because my writing was fairly amateur? :P

James: But it IS worth it if you know that she's going to turn up, and when she bestows that radiant smile upon you, you know you're willing to wait forever.  

Interloper: Yes, just the same as being with people yet feeling lonely, being alone doesn't mean you're lonely. And sometimes I do relish the time I can spend alone thinking.

Doreen peri: Yes.... But I do much prefer Choc Chip ice cream :P but then again, I'd have to go on an exercise routine after that. Bummer!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » So Lonely...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary