navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Phillip Is A Good Sleeper
Open Poetry #16
Post A Reply Post New Topic Phillip Is A Good Sleeper Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2001-10-26 07:10 AM

Phillip Is A Good Sleeper

A friend of mine doesn't do much except work all the time.
Times are tough in paradise so she works three jobs to suffice.
Then she buys food and pays the rent and she pays for her daughters school until the moneys all spent.
She works late into the night from eight pm until two am then takes a quick sleep until the next shift begins.
For she will soon be up at four thirty am to baby sit the young child of a Chinese friend.
She is baby Phillip's keeper and fortunately for her he is a good sleeper.
For these become the moments she loves the best because when Phillip sleeps she too can rest.
And when the mother picks up baby Phillip at about one pm that's just enough time for my friend to fit her next job in.
Her schedule doesn't allow much rest at all for now she must work from three pm til seven pm in a Korean Restaurant named Sorabol.

JamesLee
October26

[This message has been edited by JamesMichael (edited 10-26-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
Wanda
since 2001-10-23
Posts 461

1 posted 2001-10-26 07:54 AM

I read this and thought, "Oh my, how does she do this?"  Would you ever feel rested?  I can see why you have a great deal of respect for your friend.  Wanda
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
2 posted 2001-10-26 09:09 AM

*sigh* my heart goes out to her..this is one lady who deserves honor and respect for all the work she does to care for her family. Very well written. Thank you, so much, for sharing this with me today.  

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2001-10-26 10:04 AM

(sigh) God Bless her sweet heart! (sigh) She does so much and she deserves all the love and attention her heart desires! (big hugggsssss) This is such a touching perspective, dearest friend! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet James, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

walker
Member Elite
since 2001-02-11
Posts 2240
Florida
4 posted 2001-10-26 11:03 AM

Love this, specially the title/theme. Great poem.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Phillip Is A Good Sleeper

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary