navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Twenty or Less...#31
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic Twenty or Less...#31 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
MARK V SHELDON
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 3015
In a corporeal internship...

0 posted 2001-08-23 07:19 PM

Learning

Never
To trust

Again

Leaving
Love

In
Darkness

Trying
The faith
I once
Found

Thank you

(Copyright 2001 by: MARK V SHELDON)

"It's all in the details -- the Big Picture always takes care of itself."
-MVS

© Copyright 2001 Mark V Sheldon - All Rights Reserved
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
1 posted 2001-08-23 08:28 PM

No, I hope you always trust..what is the use, without it? Concise comments, love the form..
Sandra

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
2 posted 2001-08-24 07:48 AM

Please don't allow a bad experience to never let you see the color purple. Others would have satisfaction in keeping us in the dark. I refuse to allow it. But faith is a most wonderful beginning.

Sincerely,
Regina

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
3 posted 2001-08-24 07:57 AM

Mark,
Nice enjoyed them all.

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

4 posted 2001-08-24 08:27 AM

nice work my friend... the tone and message a sadder one than I have come to expect from you and I hope all is well...

have enjoyed your 20 or less series quite a great deal.. I am thinking of embarking on a 3 word Senryu series myself...and am sstill looking for the two words that would fit that form...

good to see you back!!!

MyEnchanted_Melody
since 2001-05-30
Posts 1106
across the land of dreams. In your heart, I'd always be.
5 posted 2001-08-24 09:14 AM

Leaving
Love

In
Darkness

------------------------

Trust is such a precious fragile thing. Once broken, it would seem hard to endanger it again. But can you ever love without taking such a risk?

Sad......touching and well delivered.

Welcome back , again.......

Thank you

"Oh...me!Oh Life!
Of the questions of these recurring..........
Of myself forever reproaching myself,
for who more foolish than I......"
~Whitman~

MARK V SHELDON
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 3015
In a corporeal internship...
6 posted 2001-08-24 12:05 PM

Sandra:  It's a very stark dichotomy when one's inner-core and constitution is that of an optimistic idealist and the outer realities keep reafirming that this world of ours is very rarely welcoming to such points of view...  I know it all depends upon mental outlook and surrounding one's self with those who can be trusted (and very luckily, I have learned to do this quite well of late), but it doesn't negate the fact that acknowledging the reality of so many people out there who CAN'T be trusted, even though they would try everything to make you think otherwise...  Anyway, don't worry:  I've learned to gauge things much better lately and was simply venting a deep inner ripple toward the memory of someone who still causes internal waves...

Thank you, Regina, and you are right...  but, ironically, the "color purple" is another "memory trigger" for me, though I've learned to place it in perspective...

Sy -- thank you, Sir...  It's been an enlightening sojourn...

Ron, I very much appreciate your thoughts and "welcome back".  Not to worry -- things are quite well actually, but entering my "poetic state of mind" still finds many fertile grounds of barren landscapes whose seeds I throw to the wind of this forum...  I would be very curious to read what ideas spring forth from your "minimalistic well of Wisdom and Inspiration"...

My Melody:  There can be no Love without risk -- this is one lesson I have learned, experienced, and acknowledged, with no regrets, may I add...  Love will always be the greatest adventure, in my mind...  Thank you once more for the welcoming -- it's a grand feeling to be amongst "friends" and artists of like minds...

-MVS

"It's all in the details -- the Big Picture always takes care of itself."
-MVS

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Twenty or Less...#31

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary