navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Your Doll
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Your Doll Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
EleanorMoonbaby
since 2002-09-02
Posts 202
England, UK

0 posted 2002-09-03 12:42 PM

I'm your toy, aren't I.
A slightly uglier version of Barbie, a frog amongst swans.
Now I'm holding my plastic, imperfect arms out, saying "Please play with me.
I'm still usefull, my limbs have yet to be torn off by someone else;
There's no biro scribble on my face
Just a slight mistake on the production line".
Sometimes it works, and you remember how I was fun to play with. We become inseparable, I'm like that old teddy you can't throw away.
Then a new version comes out.
Brand new Girlfriend-dolly, with new hair, clothes and accessories, complete with perfect, vacant smile.
Then I go back to the toy box to gather dust until you remember me again.
But I'm a faithful toy, so I stay put.

In the beginning, the Universe was made. This has angered a lot of people and has been widely regarded as a bad move- Douglas Adams

© Copyright 2002 Eleanor Warren - All Rights Reserved
mistic
since 2001-05-06
Posts 233
Idaho, U.S.A.
1 posted 2002-09-03 05:08 PM

This is a really interesting and a really good piece. I have kind of mixed feelings about this though I'm not sure what the feelings are... but I must like this quite a bit because it's going into my library. nice job.
Savage Quiescence
since 2002-07-29
Posts 326
Wandering
2 posted 2002-09-03 05:54 PM

This is a unique piece. The metaphor was good, it was very appropriate for the topic. A nice sense of hopeful, naive devotion.

Smiles
~Sky

"Whatever life brings, I've been through everything, but now I'm on my knees again" -Creed

Echo
since 2003-02-20
Posts 14
the abyss
3 posted 2003-03-19 08:02 PM

aww. your poem reminds me of so many of my favorite toys, lying on my bed and dresser, always waitin.  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Your Doll

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary