navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Counterfeit Joy
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Counterfeit Joy Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
StellarChica
since 2002-07-06
Posts 207
floating down a river...

0 posted 2002-08-16 09:25 PM

Pictures line my dresser mirror,
Sun bleached and ravaged by time,
I'll open the window,
Put the fan on high,
Pretend it's a cool autumn breeze
The sky is purple,
The clouds are pink,
I'll watch the sunset from my bedroom window,
I'll revel in my artificial wind,
I'll pretend that everything's okay.

This one needs a little work but I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

*~erin~~*

"Noone is allowed to be so proud that they never reach out when they're giving up."-Better Than Ezra

© Copyright 2002 Erin Reynolds - All Rights Reserved
Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
1 posted 2002-08-17 12:50 PM

I did enjoy it anyway. The only thing that I felt could be improved on was the breaks in the poem - there were none. That's okay though. I just felt it tended to read like a run-on sentence. Just... dont' improve it for someone else, improve it for yourself, okay?
Nazera29
since 2002-08-14
Posts 34
Connecticut
2 posted 2002-08-17 12:57 PM

the tone in this poem is expressed wonderfully... i can feel a sense of sadness and longing, it painted a vivid picture in my mind... clean it up if you think you should, but i enjoyed it as is.

*We are the hero in our own story*

StellarChica
since 2002-07-06
Posts 207
floating down a river...
3 posted 2002-08-17 01:11 AM

I agree that it seems like a run on sentence but I can't figure out how to fix it..Hmm..I'll work on it a little. Thanks for reading guys .

*~erin~*

"Noone is allowed to be so proud that they never reach out when they're giving up."-Better Than Ezra

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Counterfeit Joy

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary