navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Sea Glass
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sea Glass Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Nazera29
since 2002-08-14
Posts 34
Connecticut

0 posted 2002-08-15 02:25 AM

Someday I'm going to be alone in thes big world and
There will be no piece of sea glass paired with me; I will be the sole shard at the bottom of your sink after you wash out your bathing suit
I will be alone and dreaming of the day you return to me to pick me up and marvel at my crystal shining beauty and you wonder how you ever lost me in the first place
I will sit on the porcelain, fighting against every wave of her dishwater until you stumble onto me, until you tell her to leave me alone and you choose me this time
I will lie in your hands, like I always did
and I will trust you not to lose me again

*We are the hero in our own story*

© Copyright 2002 Jessica - All Rights Reserved
LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut
1 posted 2002-08-15 02:33 AM

ooo I like this...your metaphor is quite unique
If you were my piece of sea glass I would keep you with me forever and ever and believe me, then you would be begging to be washed away...

Excellent work

~Lisa

P.S. love the signature

fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)
2 posted 2002-08-15 02:58 AM

hey,
first off, welcome to passions, it's always cool to see new members.  this poem really blew me away, it's a great metaphor and i loved the last two lines. you definetly caught my attention, can't wait to read more from you.
-bergundy-

maybe i'll catch fire, something nice to warm me. something pure to burn away the darkness, that hides inside my mind. -alkaline trio-

anya
since 2002-07-27
Posts 393
London, UK
3 posted 2002-08-15 06:01 AM

loved this metaphor, really enjoyed the images created in this poem
anya

Kevin
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-11-02
Posts 729
Torrington, Ct, Usa
4 posted 2002-08-15 09:27 AM

I take full credit for recruiting Ms. Nazera

She's a beautiful poet guys
watch out now

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
5 posted 2002-08-15 11:17 AM

OOOoooooh. This was really neat. Each time I re-read I love it more...Good job, Kev, for recruiting her. I'll definitely be looking forward to more of this nummy poetry.

~Carly

"Feelings are not supposed to be logical. Dangerous is the man who has rationalized his emotions."
  ~David Borenstein

LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut
6 posted 2002-08-15 11:57 AM

Don't listen to him, she came because my presence was calling her

My first posts here were lucky to get 2 replies....Both of Jess' get 5 ...well now 6.
~Lisa

Nazera29
since 2002-08-14
Posts 34
Connecticut
7 posted 2002-08-15 02:28 PM

haha, lisa, kevin, dont fight! there is enough of my love to go around! thanks everyone

*We are the hero in our own story*

paper doll
since 2002-08-04
Posts 133
Floating on Uncertainty
8 posted 2002-08-16 06:06 AM

Nice post. I think it would read a lot better if you broke up the lines a little more. It reads more like prose than a poem so if you were going for prose you've done a well enough job but otherwise break 'em up.

~M

Imagination=nostalgia for the past, the absent; it is the liquid solution in which art develops the snapshots of reality.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Sea Glass

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary