navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Alone
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Alone Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl

0 posted 2002-08-14 05:46 PM

You used to care about me;
and picked me up,
when I fell-
flat upon my face.

Why don't you dare to love me?
When all I give to you is that,
and I've let you know,
I'm here for you.

Why won't you ever hold me?
To feel you now,
embracing me tight-
could be the world to me.

I miss your voice,
and that smile on your face.
I miss your laugh,
and the hair falling in your eyes.

And why can't you be with me now-
when I need you more than air?
Because all I do is cry,
all by myself; alone.

© Copyright 2002 Jennifer Parker - All Rights Reserved
Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
1 posted 2002-08-14 06:32 PM

I can really identify with this peice and I can understand what you are going through, I really enjoyed the read, thank you for sharing

Andrew

Visit my forums @ http://chronicles.proboards4.com/index.cgi

Nazera29
since 2002-08-14
Posts 34
Connecticut
2 posted 2002-08-15 03:16 AM

unfortunately, i can relate to your poem ALOT!! your words really described true feelings...i guess all i can say is that all wounds do heal... thanks for sharing!
Jess

*We are the hero in our own story*

Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV
3 posted 2002-08-15 09:27 AM

OMG, Do I know what your talking about here! I took off this past Saturday, to go see my boyfriend, i guess i was kind of expecting more than a hug but thats all I got, and then he ended up either ignoreing me, ir just walking away from me the rest of the day, I of course, started crying. And he ended up breaking up with me...because I "embarrassed him in front of his family". I, in turn, ended up staying the weekend, hanging out with his family, and he ended up getting so jealous! LoL...If he hadn't broken up with me in such a rash way, I
would have never had to lean on his brother and uncle for support...good poem.. to Sorry about my ranting

~Tamma

Have you ever heard that "No shirt, No shoes" rule? My question is...Why doesn't that rule include pants?

paper doll
since 2002-08-04
Posts 133
Floating on Uncertainty
4 posted 2002-08-15 07:30 PM

Jenn, sometimes it is better and actually a test of your character if you stand on your own two feet to display your independence. In this case, I am sorry that he's being such a tool and doing this but if he's not even considering being with you, you're better off. No, you're better. *hugs*

The piece ran through well. Look after yourself, ok?

~M

Imagination=nostalgia for the past, the absent; it is the liquid solution in which art develops the snapshots of reality.

Jester
since 2002-08-13
Posts 41
The dark corners of your mind
5 posted 2002-08-15 07:49 PM

I like the way this sounds. To me, there appeared to be no meter or beat or anything similar... but it still flowed.. i really enjoy reading things like this

I am your God, will you kill me now or shall I be continually suicidal?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Alone

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary