navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » One to think about............
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic One to think about............ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ANGELBABY
since 2001-09-01
Posts 25

0 posted 2002-07-20 11:37 PM

One day you are sitting around with you're friends and you all are drinking. You'll get bored so you decide to go take a ride. A mistake you'll never know you made...........
It's friday night and it's the last spring break you will ever see but you don't know this yet! You and your'e friends want to be cool so you decide to speed up, and remeber you have been drinking, as your'e driving cars seem to be going faster and lights seem alot brighter, so once again you speed up, you're going about 80 on a ramp but by the time you realize you turned down the wrong one an 18 weeler comes around and hits you head on!.........
                BOOM
No one in the car had their safety belts on....
You start to get really cold and you hear the sirens but they seem so far away........ You finally see the flashing lights and you hear the police man say they were all drinking and no one had on their safety belts it dosen't look like anyone will make it.
You start to scream aloud but no one can hear you what will my mom do without me man why did i decide to drink, you start to fade and you continue to say tell my mommy i love her, tell my sister not to cry, tell my brothers to stay up and tell my daddy not to be afraid, and when i go to heaven on my tombstone say drinking took my baby away!!

In school last year we had a seminar on drinking and driving it was called every 15 min, because every 15 min someone gets killed by a drunk driver and it just so happends one of my bestfriends was killed by one April 13, 2001 R.I.P jonathan we all miss you!! But after you read this think about other people before you decide to be cool and drink an drive!!
               By: Bluez Cluez
                       (Sarah Pierce)
Think don't drink and drive it really isn't worth you're life!!

© Copyright 2002 ANGELBABY - All Rights Reserved
ANGELBABY
since 2001-09-01
Posts 25

1 posted 2002-07-21 01:02 PM

this is a good one
love ur mommy

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
2 posted 2002-07-22 09:32 AM

This absolutely has a great message.  thanks for sharing it.

là où est mon amour?
donde está mi amour?
wo ist meine Liebe?
Nelly Furtado é a menina a mais bonita no mundo largo do todo.

leah1318
since 2002-07-22
Posts 4

3 posted 2002-07-23 09:35 AM

i am sorry about your friend this is a really good poem to tell people about drunck driving i am always going to rember this poem
AndyC
since 2002-07-22
Posts 3

4 posted 2002-07-23 09:50 AM

that poem was really nice. my brothers best friend was killed in a drunk driving accadent.  he was driving drunk in a car with a friend  they hit a tree head on at 100 mph.  the pasenger survived.  but the force of the hit knocked the engine in to thedrivers lap. it killed him instantly.
ANGELBABY
since 2001-09-01
Posts 25

5 posted 2002-07-23 05:33 PM

thank you all for your replys and sorry about your loss also!!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » One to think about............

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary