navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » gory poetry? good? or bad?
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic gory poetry? good? or bad? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
shadowchild458
since 2002-07-10
Posts 117
MN,USA

0 posted 2002-07-19 11:05 PM

i'm just wondering, is there ANY place you can post gory poems here? i understand that i shouldn't post them in dark poetry because well i dunno but pleeze somebody answer my question.

life may just take a while but i guess heaven's worth the wait

AKJ

© Copyright 2002 Abby - All Rights Reserved
fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)
1 posted 2002-07-20 01:03 AM

hey,
uhh why can't you post them in dark poetry? i think it is all all ages type deal, and maybe you could even post them here.  as long as it follows the guidelines, i don't think they can mess with it.
-bergundy

maybe i'll catch fire, something nice to warm me. something pure to burn away the darkness, that hides inside my mind. -alkaline trio-

shadowchild458
since 2002-07-10
Posts 117
MN,USA
2 posted 2002-07-20 02:02 AM

i dont know i mean, my friend posted something in dark poetry once and one of the moderator dudes told her that it wasn't appropriate but it was just kinda gory. not scary hardly at all. i guess i could post it here if i want but i don't really know...

life may just take a while but i guess heaven's worth the wait

AKJ

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

3 posted 2002-07-20 02:59 PM

It depends on intent, shadowchild.

You can post it in Dark, but it can't revel in excessive violence or gore. And it can't deal with situations like murder, violence, self-harm or suicide UNLESS you are examining those issues in a thoughtful way and clearly showing the ramifications of the act.

You can try for just shock, but, depending on any moderator's mood, it might be pulled -- or left.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

Mike

She said burn ... together.
-TON

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » gory poetry? good? or bad?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary