navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Saying goodbye....
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Saying goodbye.... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
akira
since 2002-07-13
Posts 79
Idaho

0 posted 2002-07-13 02:16 AM

Twin Towers

You died in vain
bya  world gone insane

Killed and gone away
we still mourn your death today

A terrorist attack
courage you didnt lack

I think of that day
and remember how i
wiped the tears away

I could believe it when I was told
I was only 18 years old

But we couldnt hide
and we knew the world
hadn't lied

Thousands died that day
and I found I had nothing to
say.

I'm sure many of you were shocked by sept 11th as i was...so i wrote this poem for all who died that day, you see i had friends who worked in the twin towers who died....so this poem is for them and all others....May you rest in peace....

Akira
www.poetrypoems.com/akira

© Copyright 2002 Felicity Kino - All Rights Reserved
ericaisamonkey
since 2002-04-04
Posts 51
A little town north of nowhere
1 posted 2002-07-13 04:03 AM

yet another beautiful work of art. excellent. it was well written, and i think when you talk about how you had to wipe away your tears, that was touching. I'm sorry for your loss, and anyone elses. and they did die in vain. may they rest in peace.  thanks for writing such a great poem abou that day. it was shocking, full of sadness and just basically made the world even crazier than it was before.  nice job!!

*Erica*   :loveya:

akira
since 2002-07-13
Posts 79
Idaho
2 posted 2002-07-13 04:10 AM

Thank you for your response....it means alot to me...if you check the other forums you will find some of my other work posted there....and please feel free to email me...i'd love to talk with you about poetry and i'd love to see some of your work..

Akira
www.poetrypoems.com/akira

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
3 posted 2002-07-16 12:26 PM

"Thousands died that day
and I found I had nothing to
say."

I liked it. I thought that considering the subject you were talking about it could have been a lot more powerful, intense, emotional, etc. However, I do think that it said enough that it doesn't necessarily have to pack a real punch, you know what I mean? It carries itself. Good work.

"if you know me so well then tell me which hand do I use?" Tori Amos

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Saying goodbye....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary