navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Drip
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Drip Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana

0 posted 2002-06-06 05:17 PM

Drip, drip..
Executioner’s
Song, I
Shook his
Hand

Here we go
Again

Take a hit
For the
Team,
In my bath tub,
Naked, I land

Brown water,
Wash my
Skin clean,
Drip, drip..
Sewing the
Seams

Drip, drip..
Paper doll,
I’m a
Paper doll –

Rumplestilskin
Rumplestilskin

5.31.02 – 9:45 p.m.

[Jaime]

"I think I would like to call myself 'the girl who wanted to be God'." Sylvia Plath

© Copyright 2002 Morgana - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2002-06-06 05:38 PM

WEIRD!!!!!!! *shivers* I'm in love with it.
Mi oh my oh! Simply splendid poem....confusing, and I think I sorta-semi-kind-maybe-got-it.....but reassurance would aid me in knowing with whether or not my assumptions are correct. Regardless though, awesome piece.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
2 posted 2002-06-06 05:59 PM

This is such a wonderful poem, I really enjoyed reading it, the simplicity leaves much to the imagination of the reader but it still has incredible imagery

"Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance."

Sun Tzu

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
3 posted 2002-06-06 06:27 PM

Well, tell me what you thought Javi and I'll tell you whether or not you got it. Personally I think it's unimportant what I say it should be, but if you want some reassurance then I'll give it to you.

Thanks.... the both of you.

[Jaime]

"I think I would like to call myself 'the girl who wanted to be God'." Sylvia Plath

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (06-06-2002 06:28 PM).]

MidnightSon
since 2002-05-15
Posts 312
between the gutter & the stars
4 posted 2002-06-06 08:35 PM

this one's got a style all its own. the words read like they're dripping... fast at some points, slower at others when the fatter globs drip down.

i like it.
i dig it.

no one should suffer alone in a bathtub.
it's a horrible place to suffer that song...
but then, that's a bit hypocritical of me.

"The soul is oftentimes a battlefield where reason and judgement wage war on passion and appetite."

fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)
5 posted 2002-06-08 02:59 AM

hey,
holy stoned purple monkeys in a basket, i loved it! that's kind of weird to say about such an odd piece but oh well.  the words do appear to drip...and they're still sort of flying around in my mind.  so again i shall say this was a pretty cool piece. good job good job.
-bergundy

maybe i'll catch fire, something nice to warm me. something pure to burn away the darkness, that hides inside my mind. -alkaline trio-

ericaisamonkey
since 2002-04-04
Posts 51
A little town north of nowhere
6 posted 2002-06-09 01:56 AM

all i can say is WOW!!! nicely done!! bravo bravo...lol. great poem, its simple but sophisticated at the same time. I don't think I fully understood it though. The ending kind of has me wondering "rumplestiltskin rumplestiltskin" but the entire poem put me in awe. great work!

*Erica*

blakloks
since 2002-06-01
Posts 60

7 posted 2002-06-09 08:51 AM

all i can say is this looks like a poem i might study in lit ...itz nicely confusing and really really deep and layered.....greAT.
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
8 posted 2002-06-09 07:23 PM

Amazing write!!! Deep and confusing to the naked eye...just begging to be examined!!! I loved it so much.

Sometimes I get so weird
I even freak myself out
I laugh myself to sleep
It's my lullaby

aVriL lAvIgNe

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Drip

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary