navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Sympathy for the "Slut"
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sympathy for the "Slut" Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana

0 posted 2002-05-16 05:29 PM

These little rooms we fill
With candy jars and beauty
Queens, this lip gloss scene,
Hey girl - down on your
Knees, down on your knees
When he didn't even say
Please

She's collecting your demons
In her soft belly, pregnant
By your pocket change, your
25 cent plastic rings, your
American dream

I found her some horses,
But she won't ride them.
She likes to keep her feet
On the ground she says,
Her hands creek like old
Doors closing shut as she
Smokes her cigarette

I kissed her and she called
Me queer, chasing her daisies,
They won't stay in her hair,
They fell from her hair and
She can't find them anymore

Put your finger away,
Put that finger away

I didn't make you swallow
It down, I didn't make you
Swallow the happy clowns

Somewhere hunny I think
You forgot yourself in
Those fruitless searches
For something to fill your
Soft belly

/tout ira bien/

© Copyright 2002 Morgana - All Rights Reserved
Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
1 posted 2002-05-16 06:12 PM

This was good, intersting. Sorta sad but calm. Not my favorite but still it was a nice read.

Regina

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
2 posted 2002-05-16 07:00 PM

I actually don't expect anyone to like it. Most people don't like the truth too much. I'm sure it also has something to do with the fact that I'm not too great of a writer.

Thank you for being honest. I truly appreciate it.

Cheer up. It could be worse. You could be a lima bean. And I could be eating you.

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (05-16-2002 07:01 PM).]

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

3 posted 2002-05-16 07:20 PM

Your writing is fine, Dark. That poem actually reminds me of a few Marilyn Manson things ... I hope that didn't bring your estimation of yourself down further. Seriously. Good stuff.

She said burn ... together.
-TON

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
4 posted 2002-05-16 07:30 PM

I've never actually listened to Marilyn Manson, but he does seem like an interesting person (even if perhaps he is playing the circus clown). Considering how little I know about him I could not possibly feel neither proud or offended for being compared to him. Or at least what I've written about being compared to him. Thanks for the reply.  

Cheer up. It could be worse. You could be a lima bean. And I could be eating you.

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (05-16-2002 07:30 PM).]

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2002-05-16 07:37 PM

She's collecting your demons
In her soft belly, pregnant
By your pocket change, your
25 cent plastic rings, your
American dream

Gotta admit--the title drew me in...and this?

put your finger away...

Very very nice work here. Powerful, and intense...and not without the subtlety of thought. I don't come here often. But I love this.

punkrockerrobin
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 1180
Sparks, NV
6 posted 2002-05-17 02:58 AM

jaime all i gotta say is you need help.
robin

i am me don't tell me different!!
JEFF IS ONE HOT STUD *RAWR*
i want him *DROOLZ*
dam hes hott!!!

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
7 posted 2002-05-17 03:04 PM

Well I thought your piece was exceptionally well written, and the metaphors you used in this poetry were well thought out and extremely descriptive.  Not all poems leaving us feeling all warm and fuzzy, and this one served some shock value, good for you!  Well done indeed.  

~* Carpe' Diem *~

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
8 posted 2002-05-17 03:08 PM

Who doesn't?

Pssst... thank you.

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (05-17-2002 03:08 PM).]

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
9 posted 2002-05-17 04:06 PM

Hey I just want to say that this is, in my opinion, AWESOME! You got rid of the mushy stereotype that seems to be the worst part of being a poet, and molded words to tell a story that frankly left me unsettled. I like the effect though. It's not often that a poem hits me like this one. Well done!

A concussion is bliss

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
10 posted 2002-05-18 01:13 AM

You know I like it, Memina.

Every second that passes you are one second older. You'll never get that second back.

knightlyshadows
since 2001-04-14
Posts 791
obscured vision
11 posted 2002-05-18 03:03 AM

putting in my library. I cant even describe how much i.. enjoyed (bad word usage) this.
~tiff

“A single choice can build destinies,or destroy them.”

I know Im not perfect but I can smile
& I hope that you c this heart behind my tired eyes

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
12 posted 2002-05-18 11:16 AM

You know, I hesitated in replying to this for quite a while because it did make me so uncomfortable. I'm glad your critique wards off sugary response-

I really feel that your writing is powerful, and I guess quite a bit honest eh? But I have to say I don't really like these lines, they sit very poorly with me-

"Hey girl - down on your
Knees, down on your knees
When he didn't even say
Please...

I didn't make you swallow
It down, I didn't make you
Swallow the happy clowns"

Your poem was well written, but some of it disturbed me; like just reading it makes me feel degraded, and about two inches tall. Heh... and upon thinking about it I guess twas its desired effect? Well if so, great job, it worked.

Some women are smarter than that- some of us avoid the rug burn on our knees and stand up tall.

Keep on writing
Jenn

Why is it that we are at our most ingenius only when trying to destroy the things that keep us alive and thriving?

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
13 posted 2002-05-18 11:46 AM

"Some women are smarter than that- some of us avoid the rug burn on our knees and stand up tall."

I agree. I was just making an observation. I know a lot of girls who don't have much respect for themselves and they want love so much that they give into what is not actually love, but they cannot really see that. A lot of them have pride but mistake that for respect. I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying sex (as long as you're responsible). I just wish more girls would do it for themselves and not someone else.

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (05-18-2002 11:48 AM).]

fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)
14 posted 2002-05-29 01:22 AM

hey,
well i can't really think of much that hasn't been already said. it was a very powerful piece, and i enjoyed reading it and somehow trying to puzzle out the meanings to your wonderful metaphors =). anyway..i would just like to say that this poem obviously shocked some people. it is unique and different from what we sometimes read at passions, and for that i can tell you nothing but words of respect for you posting it.  thank you for posting this, great job.
-bergundy-

maybe i'll catch fire, something nice to warm me. something pure to burn away the darkness, that hides inside my mind. -alkaline trio-

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
15 posted 2002-05-30 10:02 AM

This was an interesting write but very unique and enjoyable. Thanks for sharing this with us

Sometimes I get so weird
I even freak myself out
I laugh myself to sleep
It's my lullaby

aVriL lAvIgNe

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
16 posted 2002-05-30 10:04 PM

Very well written. I liked this poem a lot. Your work in this poem was impressive. Hope to read more.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

Silver Butterfly
since 2001-03-13
Posts 42
Between here and the end
17 posted 2002-06-15 11:27 PM

it's not very often that i read a poem by someone my own age that really makes me have to read it over and over again. This was excellent, and i'm not saying that because i feel like i have to. I mean it.

MidnightSon
since 2002-05-15
Posts 312
between the gutter & the stars
18 posted 2002-06-16 07:26 AM

so i won't sugar this.....
superb writing.
i like it, and it makes me jealous.

it's in my library.
and there's not a lot of writes in there.
fine work, Dark.

it's our struggle for identity that leaves us all unknown

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Sympathy for the "Slut"

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary