navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Me
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Me Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA

0 posted 2002-04-16 07:50 PM

I'm not some
Chained up little girl
I'm a grown woman
Experiencing
Flirting with the world
I don't
Give a damn
About what others think of me
Nor do I really
Care about who really wants
To (edit) me
I've learned
They're all the same
We're all out
To play a game
Some of us
Locked up in a closet
With our demons
The rest of us
Out for the thrill
On a hunt for new chances
And as for me
I'm just out
For the time of my life
Yet still
Chained to some insercuties
But that's okay
Nobody is perfect
And I'm not
About to start claiming
That I'm better than anyone else
All I can say
Is that I am just me
And always will be
And whoever doesn't like that
Can just get over it...

© Copyright 2002 Kristen Brandon - All Rights Reserved
Encarta
since 2002-02-14
Posts 101
My homeland is not of the world
1 posted 2002-04-16 09:41 PM

Quite an interesting poem.  I could say that I know exactly what you're thinking, but that'll be a lie.  No one could ever know exactly what you've meant by writting this.  Though there is alot that we can catch on, and I believed your use of words match the subject perfectly.  A wonderfull poem.  I for one am still thinking about the fullness of what it means.  Brillently written.  I look forward to reading more of your poem
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2002-04-17 08:07 AM

YOU GO GIRL!! Hahaha yay!! I LOVED IT!!!! Such a strong poem and your very secure in your words!!! Awesome write kristin!!!

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
3 posted 2002-04-17 10:11 AM

Thanks both of you more and more I'm turning into an Alanis!!:P but it's all good though,eh?
Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
4 posted 2002-04-17 01:20 PM

I would say, "You go girl!" or "Rock on!" but that's just not my style. I will say that the strength and wisdom that you have demonstrated in this poem truly shows that you are a grown, mature woman. Congradulations... you've realized and understood what many people still do not (even well into their adulthood). Great poem.

DE

That's right, I ate your fries.

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
5 posted 2002-04-18 01:38 PM

Sorry kristin..loved this one way to much to see it already on the 2nd page...BUMP

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Me

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary